The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Post Reply
User avatar
dirtybenny
0014
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 am
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep
Location: Straight Outta Uranus

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2026 1:53 pm
Count_Lippe wrote: I thought maybe it was less expensive to go to the movies in the 1960s regardless of inflation, that you have to take this into account as well. But perhaps I got this all wrong?
It's based on number of tickets sold worldwide. More people went to see Skyfall in the cinema than Thunderball.

Edit: oh, that's odd. I just looked at the table again, and it says that the estimated number of tickets sold for Skyfall is lower than either Thunderball or Goldfinger. I don't know, in that case.

Sent from my SM-S938B using Tapatalk
Thunderball outsold Skyfall, by a lot if I recall. Tickets cost a dollar in 1965 compared to $23 IMAX "experiences" in 2012.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Post Reply