Bond Budget Cuts

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Bond Budget Cuts

Post by Thunderpussy »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -23705143/

Seems the cut backs that wern't supposed to be happening, are happening. :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Bond News Of The Day Thread

Post by Kristatos »

Thunderpussy wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -23705143/

I had to check the date at first, to make sure it wasn't April 1st. But then, in the British tabloid press, every day is April 1st.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Is there anything to this bond budget cut bushiness?
Image -Great picture of Craig :roll: was Dalton unavailable for CR?
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/6 ... udget-Cuts
............ :007:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

At this rate bond will end up fighting the villain on the top of mcdonalds rooftop or in safeways :lol: .

New bond title should be bond 23: every little helps.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Omega wrote:Is there anything to this bond budget cut bushiness?
Good God. He looks terrible.

And yes the news is everywhere:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -23705143/

I am starting to think that MGM and Sony have finally laid down the law. And they're forcing Babs to look like an idiot. Because this sure as hell makes the producers look like idiots. AND it certainly won't produce a good film.
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

shaken not stirred wrote:New bond title should be bond 23: every little helps.
I prefer Bond 23: Nothing Special. Or Bond 23: Welcome to Raccoon City - City of the Dead.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:

I had to check the date at first, to make sure it wasn't April 1st. But then, in the British tabloid press, every day is April 1st.
LOL Kristatos... BUT the news is everywhere now. And, to be fair, ask Mazer and we knew about it well in advance (that they had a very CUT budget and Wilson dismissed that at the press conference with a vague statement so we started to wonder whether he had lied about the slashed budget or whether they on purpose said the budget was lower in order to make a better impression with box office returns.) I think we have our answer now: they lied about it NOT being cut. It's definitely cut. And let's face it, not even tabloids would make this up with quotes from set (the mirror has a quote from set too). Not to mention, when obviously pictures of them filming in exotic places DO NOT show up, everyone will know they didn't go anywhere regardless. This I think is MGM and Sony laying down the law. EON's time of doing what they wanted all the time with other people's money is over. And, they already look like idiots because with all their proclaims at the press conference, if (As it indeed seems) this is happening, safe to say they blatantly lied and now have been exposed. We'll see in the next couple of weeks. They were supposed to film abroad from the last week of January on. So it'll be quick to verify.
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

That is a hella unflattering pucture of him. Almost looks like the Joker there. :shock:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Omega wrote:Is there anything to this bond budget cut bushiness?

Looks like Noel Edmonds :lol: , that's what skyfall needs ... mr blooby :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg looks like he received a chronic enema, is anemic, with no hair, and ugly as sin. Now there will be no exotic locals except for some deserted beach in the UK, and a massive budget cut. I would guess product placement fees are not pouring in either for this pile of trash. MGW has been exposed with his evil step-vegetable as a bogus duo. DC to do FIVE more? Really Mikey? YOU may not last one more yourself at this rate :!: :cheers:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

katied wrote:That is a hella unflattering pucture of him. Almost looks like the Joker there. :shock:
It has become a disgrace MP already. This franchise is now officially a joke :!: DC cannot have his 4th picture option picked up by Sony/MGM after this film. The Cr-egg 'reboot' actually 'digressed' the franchise. Meeting Q and a new M and a strange MP will be the icing on the stale cake being served by Eon in October at the premiere of this garbage. FBF, Jerry and Seagal and Carrot Top's services will NOT be required after this film. Hopefully, Pascal is axed and Sony/MGM take over.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Alessandra wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

LOL Kristatos... BUT the news is everywhere now. And, to be fair, ask Mazer and we knew about it well in advance (that they had a very CUT budget and Wilson dismissed that at the press conference with a vague statement so we started to wonder whether he had lied about the slashed budget or whether they on purpose said the budget was lower in order to make a better impression with box office returns.) I think we have our answer now: they lied about it NOT being cut. It's definitely cut. And let's face it, not even tabloids would make this up with quotes from set (the mirror has a quote from set too). Not to mention, when obviously pictures of them filming in exotic places DO NOT show up, everyone will know they didn't go anywhere regardless. This I think is MGM and Sony laying down the law. EON's time of doing what they wanted all the time with other people's money is over. And, they already look like idiots because with all their proclaims at the press conference, if (As it indeed seems) this is happening, safe to say they blatantly lied and now have been exposed. We'll see in the next couple of weeks. They were supposed to film abroad from the last week of January on. So it'll be quick to verify.
As you say we will know soon enough. I am slightly worried all the other reports are only mirroring (pun intended) The Mirrors story.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, Jerry and Seagal and Carrot Top's services will NOT be required after this film.
Fat Seagal is a different story. I still prefer to see him in an unofficial Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yes, I've seen the report in enough places now that I believe it. It just seemed so much like a joke or a silly season tabloid story that I had a hard time swallowing it at first. It seems that Turkey is to be the sole foreign location. Then again, weren't the Miami Beach scenes in Goldfinger filmed in somewhere like Bognor?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
shaken not stirred
Agent

Found some amusing comments regarding bond now being filmed in bogner regis.

In the true tradition of the 'Carry on' series where all filming took place in the UK. Can we then expect the full title to be 'Carry on Skyfall'?

the name is regis bognor regis 00 no

No carchase on the seafront - Bond just jumps on a donkey chasing the baddie riding a skateboard. I would pay good money to see that.

Not Daniel Craig again for James Bond. The joke has got to stop now, its gone way to far and public are really suffering now,too many films have been wasted.

James Bond films have lost their sparkle now because the character is too serious.
Bring back the old Bonds and their tongue in cheek humour

James Bond films are now just another action film with no humour !!

spot on - i miss the humour, and where is Q?? i watch the older Bonds over and over but have only see Dan C movies once - while o agree they are tough action movies - it's a pity the essence has gone from the franchise

film it on rhyl beach daniel could come out the sea with a turd stuck to his arm and a usd johnny on his head!

Daniel Craig as Bond i for one will not be watching that #$%$

does anybody really give a toss i wont watch this shyt anyway

When do we get a real Bond and not another Bourne

change the aston martin for a donky

James Bond 007 is supposed to be a high flying, international jet setting playboy, who mixes with the beautiful and wealthy people of the world, whilst working for British intelligence. Somehow, I just don't think Skegness/Blackpool or Scarborough are gonna cut the mustard. Unless of course he is chasing bennefit cheats through Primark and the local pound shop!.

Where ever it is filmed - won't live up to the Bond movies of the past. Naf

The name is Bog, James Bog

Well Daniel Graig is no James Bond never will be

BOGNOR!.........................A TOILET BY THE SEA

Exploding whelk cluster grenades and man eating deck chairs!! Maybe Punch and Judy as the evil villains!!

Who gives a d**n.James Bond Films are getting rather" BORING"time they gave James Bond a rest.

Bognor?? Ian Fleming must be rotating in his grave...

Never been able to see Daniel Craig as James Bond.
He looks like Norman Wisdom's love child to me , don't know about you ?
Judi Dench is just irritating and unconvincing as M
They seem to have brought her in to shout at people.

This new bond stinks anyway

Who cares where they film this? Daniel craig is a short, blond, and boring and has no believability as the main character.
And the name "Skyfall"? If that's the best that Sony and its shareholders can come up with, then this is dead in the water before it starts. Poor Cubby Broccoli..turning in his grave!

I agree with a very recent comment about Daniel Craig being a joke. Why do they still call it a James Bond film if hey have Daniel Craig as Bond. It is beyond me.

Shame about his pinhead and face

I want Timothy Dalton back. Sighs... (there you go mazer that further enforces your signature that craig will never be good as dalton is now hitting hard with a lot more people now, that comment that person said says it all).
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

When you get a down market Bond, then the films are going to go down market. SkyFail is going to look like
a feature length episode of "spooks", Only not as good. :lol:
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Bond's hat may return in SkyFail, Only it will have "Kiss me Quick" printed on it. :lol:
shaken not stirred
Agent

Thunderpussy wrote:When you get a down market Bond, then the films are going to go down market. SkyFail is going to look like
a feature length episode of "spooks", Only not as good. :lol:
Only creggs and horses (babs)

M: you dipstick bond
bond: what did I do
M: honestly...I don't believe you sometimes, you are a 20 carrot....pallonker, do you know what we ad to get out of your last scrape, I'll tell you what.
q; During the cold war
M : Oy shut it.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

katied wrote:That is a hella unflattering pucture of him. Almost looks like the Joker there. :shock:
He does :lol:

How much did they get ? Maybe Craig's string of "hits" caused MGM to reconsider how much they would give. It happened to MI4 when Knight and Day failed
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Thunderpussy wrote:Bond's hat may return in SkyFail, Only it will have "Kiss me Quick" printed on it. :lol:
I bet you are a big fan of the saucy seaside postcards Thunderpussy!

Daniel Craig looks like Romero's Joker

Bring back Bond!