Thomas Newman to do the score for Skyfall.

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Thomas Newman to do the score for Skyfall.

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:You know, if everyone here is confused about what you're saying, then maybe the problem doesn't lie with us. What action are you talking about?
Our opinions on DC and the reboot don't mean anything unless an action has been carried out successfully. In the old saying, "action speaks louder than words." For example, Happy Feet beat CR 3 times for the #1 position in the US. This could indicate that not many moviegoers in the US were that interested in seeing CR so we won the battle against the minions here in the American market.
What influence do you think anybody here has on the Academy?
I'm not saying anybody here has any influence on the Academy. The bottomline is that B1tch Babs will do anything to make Bond 23 better than CR, even in the technical aspects, and that's what I'm afraid of. DC's Bonds are nothing more than an EVIL computer virus infects the general public, especially the high profile movie awards, through brainwashing them thinking they're great. Bond 23 may get some love from the BAFTAs, but it doesn't deserve one from the Oscars, not even a single nomination.

Queen B1tch Babs surrounded by Oscar people? What a crazy @$$ b1tch this woman is.
katied

Post by katied »

Arnold was OK but he was one that people like to hate on. :->
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: Our opinions on DC and the reboot don't mean anything unless an action has been carried out successfully. In the old saying, "action speaks louder than words." For example, Happy Feet beat CR 3 times for the #1 position in the US. This could indicate that not many moviegoers in the US were that interested in seeing CR so we won the battle against the minions here in the American market.
And what makes you think the success of Happy Feet had anything to do with CR? Insistence that HF beating CR to the #1 slot represented some sort of "boycott" of CR is one of the things that made this site a laughing stock when it first started out. I'm not particularly keen to see it revived.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote: Our opinions on DC and the reboot don't mean anything unless an action has been carried out successfully. In the old saying, "action speaks louder than words." For example, Happy Feet beat CR 3 times for the #1 position in the US. This could indicate that not many moviegoers in the US were that interested in seeing CR so we won the battle against the minions here in the American market.
And what makes you think the success of Happy Feet had anything to do with CR? Insistence that HF beating CR to the #1 slot represented some sort of "boycott" of CR is one of the things that made this site a laughing stock when it first started out. I'm not particularly keen to see it revived.
What I'm saying is that HP's beating CR 3 times for the top spot at the US may proved that CR wasn't that popular with the general moviegoers. I don't know it's the boycott or kids films being more popular with the general audience (though it's not always the case). Could be both. Like I said, action speaks louder than words. Our opinions are worthless unless there are facts that support them. Adding to what I said, QOS got slammed with bad reception, and this indicates we're right about what we said here and the public is wrong.....well in some degree.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

katied wrote:Arnold was OK but he was one that people like to hate on. :->
I own TND and DAD soundtrack. Still need to get TWINE. Didn't bother with CR nor QOS.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

We were right all along FBF. It's the REST of the internet minions and Hollywood fat cats that need to catch up to us. Do not worry. We shall overcome DC and Eon :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:We were right all along FBF. It's the REST of the internet minions and Hollywood fat cats that need to catch up to us. Do not worry. We shall overcome DC and Eon :!:
Isn't it enough just to be proved right? Why do we also have to claim credit for things that had nothing to do with us? If audiences do turn against Skyfall, it'll be because of the awfulness of QOS, not because of anything we did.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:We shall overcome DC and Eon :!:
I hope Bond 23: Nothing Special crash and burn, especially here in the US. Our views may have proven the public wrong in some degree, but that B1tch will do ANYTHING to shove Bond 23: Nothing Special down our throats. I'm not just talking box office returns but also high profile awards. Yes, get nominations (whether it's a major category or technical) from them has no effect on DC's future as Bond, but I still see it as a very bad image to the entire pop culture just like having DC's mug appear in magazine covers. It may get nominated by the BAFTAs, but it doesn't deserve to be nominated by the Oscar, NOT even a single one in the technical categories. If there is a one Bond actor who will have his Bond movie that is the first one to get an Oscar nomination since FYEO (which was nominated for Best Song), that should be Henry or some others traditional (in the likes of Pierce, Sean, Rog, or even Tim) who will fill in as the 7th Bond. DC DOES NOT AND WILL NOT FIT THE BILL. I have said this before and I will say it AGAIN: DC's BONDS AND OSCAR NOMINATIONS DO NOT MIX. Not winning an Oscar is one thing. Not get nominated is other.

Back on subject of the original post, I hope Howard Shore composes a score for The Hobbit that is good enough to get an Oscar nomination. And the same goes to Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard for Bat 3. I just hope there are great scores out there to composed that will make Bond 23: Nothing Special score completely forgotten by Golden Globes and especially the Oscars.

DC's going to face a tough competition this time, and I hope his competitors are good enough to be recognized....making Nothing Special to be ignored by the high profile American movie awards. And when I say ignored by those awards, I MEANT NOT getting nominated.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:We were right all along FBF. It's the REST of the internet minions and Hollywood fat cats that need to catch up to us. Do not worry. We shall overcome DC and Eon :!:
Isn't it enough just to be proved right? Why do we also have to claim credit for things that had nothing to do with us? If audiences do turn against Skyfall, it'll be because of the awfulness of QOS, not because of anything we did.
It's not that we did anything Kris, but from day one this website was infamous and ridiculed and to this day is remembered. Our very presence 6 years after this loser was chosen is quite remarkable, don't you think, especially since the world was told "DC is the best actor to have ever played Bond". The other Eon website folded. We are still here. It means something that this website is now becoming more of the 'rule', not the 'exception', in regards to the mindset of the paucity of talent Cr-egg brings to the box office. That was not the case in 2005.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
I do think being here has a positive result, we can't keep them from doing whatever they desire however we are holding them accountable.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: It means something that this website is now becoming more of the 'rule', not the 'exception', in regards to the mindset of the paucity of talent Cr-egg brings to the box office. That was not the case in 2005.
No, it most certainly wasn't. This website was needed then, because anyone voicing any dissent from the line that Craig is the greatest Bond ever and CR makes all the other Bond films suck in comparison was piled upon with all the usual cliches about how Fleming wrote Bond as a short blond thug who would slit a woman's throat as she slept, and how anyone who says different must love invisible cars and double-taking pigeons. Nowadays, it's much more acceptable to say that you don't like Craig as Bond. Even the comments threads on the official 007 Facebook page contain anti-Craig comments. I strongly urge anyone here who is on Facebook to "like" that page, by the way, so that we can post comments and "like" other anti-Craig comments. There's your positive action, FBF. The page is: http://www.facebook.com/JamesBond007.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:The page is: http://www.facebook.com/JamesBond007.
My place is here. JB007 FB is corrupt.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Kristatos wrote:The page is: http://www.facebook.com/JamesBond007.
My place is here. JB007 FB is corrupt.
Fine. Stay here and preach to the choir. I think it's far better to blow raspberries at the people who actually make the films, even if the FB page is probably maintained by some low-level marketing flunkies.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I spent years at the old MI6 website doing just that Kris. In fact, my 'boycott' thread there was quite popular, on a website I was diametrically opposed to in thought. After they locked it after 3048 responses, and admitting it was not a democracy there, I left and came here. Their arrogance propelled me to make this forum my internet 'home' site. I am quite glad because look at which website survived, and which crumbled :!:
katied

Post by katied »

bjmdds wrote:I spent years at the old MI6 website doing just that Kris. In fact, my 'boycott' thread there was quite popular, on a website I was diametrically opposed to in thought. After they locked it after 3048 responses, and admitting it was not a democracy there, I left and came here. Their arrogance propelled me to make this forum my internet 'home' site. I am quite glad because look at which website survived, and which crumbled :!:

Ain't that the truth..and the Facebook-ization of MI6 was a HUGE hit _.///

Saying that MI6 is a shadow of its former self is the understatement of the decade, if not all time. ALL TIME.[/Kanye West] :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

I only just picked this thread up. So its true, that Arnold isn't scoring Bond...??? :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:I only just picked this thread up. So its true, that Arnold isn't scoring Bond...??? :shock:
Seems to be. He is busy with the London Olympics, it seems.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:I only just picked this thread up. So its true, that Arnold isn't scoring Bond...??? :shock:
How long does he need to do th score, the Olympics are over Aug 12th, the movie comes out in November October. He was talking like he would come back for Bond 23 if this is true he just got Craigged. like a list of other actors and crew Craig didn't want around.
............ :007:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
How long does he need to do th score, the Olympics are over Aug 12th, the movie comes out in November October. He was talking like he would come back for Bond 23 if this is true he just got Craigged. like a list of other actors and crew Craig didn't want around.
Sounds more like Mendes decision. He has worked with Newman on all but one of his movies - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/09/tho ... e-skyfall/
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

The Sweeney wrote: Sounds more like Mendes decision. He has worked with Newman on all but one of his movies - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/09/tho ... e-skyfall/
And Mendes is Craig's choice all the way.I know this guy has a history with Mendes whatever happened to the producers controlling all aspects of Bond to maintain the quality.Guess it was buried with Cubby because now we have a director and actor unsuited to their roles in this movie, and they call the shots with impunity.Why didn't Connery get the chance?Why didn't Brosnan?

Looking at Newman's history he doesn't seem to have the chops for Bond.He might pull it off it'd be the first in his career.Fire Arnold fine but do it to hire someone who has the right sound.Newman Vs. Serra, same kind of background.
Composer (89 titles)
2012 Skyfall (filming)

2011 The Iron Lady

2011 The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

2011 The Help

2011 The Adjustment Bureau

2010 La siesta de Jacinto (short)

2010/I The Debt

2009/I Brothers

2009 Autumn of Youth (short) (music by)

2008 Revolutionary Road

2008 WALL·E

2007 Towelhead

2006 The Good German

2006 Little Children

2005 Jarhead

2005 La femme dans la chambre (short)

2005 Cinderella Man

2004 Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

2004 Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back at 'The Shawshank Redemption' (video documentary short)

2004 Six Feet Under (TV series)
– Bomb Shelter (2004)

2004 A Terrible Tragedy: Alarming Evidence from the Making of the Film - A Woeful World (video documentary) (original score by)

2004 A Terrible Tragedy: Alarming Evidence from the Making of the Film - Costumes and Other Suspicious Disguises (documentary short) (original score by)

2003 Angels in America (TV mini-series)
– Part 2 Perestroika (2003)
– Part 1 Millennium Approaches (2003)

2003 Finding Nemo

2002 White Oleander

2002 Road to Perdition

2002 The Salton Sea

2002 The Execution of Wanda Jean (documentary)

2001 In the Bedroom

2000 Pay It Forward

2000 My Khmer Heart (documentary)

2000 Walking the Mile (video documentary short)

2000 Erin Brockovich

1999 The Green Mile

1999 American Beauty

1998 Meet Joe Black

1998 The Horse Whisperer

1997 Oscar and Lucinda

1997 Red Corner

1997 Mad City

1996 The People vs. Larry Flynt

1996 American Buffalo

1996 Phenomenon

1996 Up Close & Personal

1995 How to Make an American Quilt

1995 Unstrung Heroes

1994 Little Women

1994 The War

1994 The Shawshank Redemption

1994 The Favor

1994 Threesome

1993 Josh and S.A.M.

1993 Flesh and Bone

1992 Scent of a Woman

1992 Citizen Cohn (TV movie)

1992 Whispers in the Dark

1992 The Player (music by)

1992 Those Secrets (TV movie)

1991 Fried Green Tomatoes

1991 Deceived

1991 The Rapture

1991 The Linguini Incident

1991 Career Opportunities

1990 Naked Tango

1990 Against the Law (TV series)

1990 Heat Wave (TV movie)

1990 Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael

1990 Men Don't Leave

1990 Rhythm Nation 1814 (short)

1989 Cookie

1988 The Great Outdoors

1988 The Prince of Pennsylvania

1987 Less Than Zero

1987 The Lost Boys

1987 Light of Day

1986 Jumpin' Jack Flash

1985-1986 Alfred Hitchcock Presents (TV series)
– The Creeper (1986)
– The Human Interest Story (1985)

1986 Gung Ho

1985 Amazing Stories (TV series)
– Santa '85 (1985)

1985 Summer's End (short)

1985 Real Genius

1985 The Man with One Red Shoe

1985 Girls Just Want to Have Fun

1985 Desperately Seeking Susan

1984 Grandview, U.S.A.

1984 Revenge of the Nerds

1984 Reckless

1984 The Seduction of Gina (TV movie)

1979 The Paper Chase (TV series)
– A Case of Detente (1979)
Eric Serra
The Lady

2010 Arthur 3: The War of the Two Worlds

2010 The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec

2009 Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard

2006 Arthur and the Invisibles

2006 Kung Fu Idols (video short)

2006 Bandidas

2006 Bandidas: Making the Music (video documentary short)

2003 Bulletproof Monk

2002 Jet Lag

2002 Rollerball

2001 New York Race (Video Game)

2001 Wasabi

2001 L'art (délicat) de la séduction

2001 Gun! (short)

1999 The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc

1997 The Fifth Element

1995 GoldenEye: The Secret Files (TV documentary short)

1995 GoldenEye

1994 Leon: The Professional

1991 Atlantis (documentary)

1990 La Femme Nikita

1988 The Big Blue (European version)

1986 Kamikaze

1986 Série noire (TV series)
– La nuit du flingueur (1986)

1985 Subway

1985 The Making of 'Subway' (video documentary)

1983 Le Dernier Combat (The Last Battle)