Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Naomie Harris doing her own Bond stunts

Post by Blowfeld »

By: Bang Showbiz

Posted: 02/13/2012 5:00 AM | Comments: 0 (including replies)

Naomie Harris is doing all her own stunts in the new James Bond movie.

The actress plays special agent Eve in the next 007 adventure 'Skyfall' and she has been relentlessly hitting the gym to ensure she is in the best possible shape for the film's numerous action sequences.

Speaking at the British Academy Film Awards (BAFTAs) at London's Royal Opera House on Sunday night (12.02.12), she told BANG Showbiz: "I'm trying to do all my own stunts. I've done them all so far. In a couple of weeks we've got another big stunt thing, so I don't know if I can do all of them. But I'm trying to!"

However, any fans hoping to see Naomie showing off her fit figure in a bikini will be disappointed as she claims she doesn't have a traditional Bond girl swimwear scene.

She said: "I don't have any bikini scenes so I'm just training to keep up with all the stunts."

Naomie has been having a great time on set with Daniel Craig - who is reprising his role as the British spy for a third time - and director Sam Mendes and has been blown away by Daniel's work ethic and devotion to the role.

She explained: "Daniel is amazing. We do 12-14 hours of filming and then after, every day, he does two hours of training on top of that in the gym. He works so hard and he's always in a great mood. I really adore him.

"It really has been so fantastic. It's so weird because you forget almost, about the pressure, and Sam Mendes is such a lovely director, there is an amazing atmosphere on set. It's very very calm and intimate actually. Sometimes it feels like a low budget film, which is fantastic. I forget it's Bond."

To mark the 50th anniversary of James Bond on the big screen the BAFTAs opened with a performance of 'Thunderball' - the theme song of the film of the same name - by Sir Tom Jones.

Host Stephen Fry also paid tribute to the franchise praising the character and the films for celebrating "British eccentricity".

This is supposed to be a good thing?
"Sometimes it feels like a low budget film, which is fantastic. I forget it's Bond"
I think she said more than she realizes.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Naomie Harris doing her own Bond stunts

Post by Dr. No »

I'm sorry Craig doing 2hrs of workouts after the day is done is nuts. That's closer to a stuntman's scheduled not a actors. It's not fair to Craig to have to work out like a gym monkey this is ridiculous. HE also looks worn out too, that is a real problem.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:HE also looks worn out too, that is a real problem.
Time to send in Fat Seagal as James Bond. :lol: :mrgreen:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Dr. No wrote:I'm sorry Craig doing 2hrs of workouts after the day is done is nuts. That's closer to a stuntman's scheduled not a actors. It's not fair to Craig to have to work out like a gym monkey this is ridiculous. HE also looks worn out too, that is a real problem.
2 hours workout for Craig at end of days filming? Roger Moore would have a 12 course dinner with Cubby Broccoli.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

In many ways Skyfall, is begining to remind me off the Rover 75.

For a supposed "Reboot" nothing to do with those old campy Bond film of the past and Keeping all that realism.
I do find it odd that they're putting back into their new product many of the elements of the Old. Which Brings me
to the Rover 75.
A nice car, handled well nice to look at. BUT very Nostalgic, harking back to the great days of British Motoring.
The styling was very 60's/retro, So while other companys Pressed on doing what they'd always done e.g. BMW.
Mercedes etc making good cars with modern styling, Car companys looking forward not Back, These companys
pressed on and are now as successful as ever while poor old Rover is No More.
So bringing back a 60's car which if you drop all the Love Bond fans have for it,
Isn't very fast ( compared to even a top end family saloon car ) Handles like a classic ( Not very Good )
And if it's anything like the classic cars I've had to deal with, It will break down all the time, you'll have to wait
for days for spare parts. Not the sort of car a Field agent would stake his life on. Then again D Craig's Bond
is a rookie so might not of figured this out yet.
So as far as realism goes, It basically doesn't. Why they didn't give him a Modern Car, I'll guess they couldn't
get a "Product placement deal ". Although they still should of gotten something from this century. :lol:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/woman ... 22618.html
Naomie Harris is "very happy" about her new muscles.

The actress revealed that thanks to her training for the upcoming James Bond movie, her body shape has changed completely.

The star portrays Eve in the latest 007 installment Skyfall and started training several months before shooting began.

"It's been a lot of hard work. My body's completely changed," she told Empire magazine. "I've got muscles where I never knew it was possible to have muscles, which is all very exciting. I'm very happy about that."

Naomie added that she is even more pleased that she actually gets to put her new muscles to good use in the Bond action scenes.

She explained that while she worked hard to get into shape for previous film Ninja Assassin, she ended up just running away from her on-screen opponents.

"I did a lot of training for Ninja Assassin, but actually I was largely just running away from the ninjas ad screaming and being all girlie. This is the first time where I actually get a chance to be a bit bad-ass," she said.