Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Arnold Wants Queen For Bond Theme

Post by Blowfeld »

Personally I believe he is only talking in the broadest general terms.
Composer David Arnold wants Queen to record the next James Bond theme.

David Arnold wants Queen to perform the next James Bond theme.

The composer - who has penned the soundtracks for the iconic spy's last five cinematic outings - thinks the veteran rockers could produce a "bombastic" track for 'Skyfall', though he believes their music would have been better suited to some of the earlier movies in the franchise.

He told the Daily Star newspaper: "I'm a massive Queen fan and I would love them to do a theme tune.

"Imagine how ridiculously bombastic a Queen anthem could be. It's a shame because they would have been perfect for Roger Moore's Bond during the 80s when he was punching clowns."

Adele has previously been rumoured to be recording the theme song for 'Skyfall', which will see Daniel Craig play Bond for the third time.

However, David insisted she has not been approached.

He said: "I've heard the Adele rumours but nobody has been asked yet.

"Traditionally producers wait for the film to be made, or if I'm asked I'll have somebody in mind."

If Queen - whose frontman Freddie Mercury died in 1991 - were to record the theme song, there is a possibility Lady Gaga could sing it for them after guitarist Brian May recently revealed they want to collaborate with the 'Bad Romance' hitmaker.

He said: "We still hope to do something with Gaga in the future. We've been close to doing something for TV before - she is an inspiration."
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Arnold Wants Queen For Bond Theme

Post by Kristatos »

I follow him on Twitter, and he tweeted that he was talking about wishing they had done a Bond theme in the past, when Freddie was still alive. He also added that he has still not officially been hired as the film's composer, though his comments suggest that this is not unusual at this stage in a movie's production.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Last time I think they hired the team behind another way to die at the very last minute. I think Madonna was a May 2002 (or summer) announcement so I do no think they plan this far ahead.

There are a lot of bands they should have used in the 1980s, I think the got the 1990s right more or less, 2000s I am not so sure about I do like Die Another day theme but itis not a favorite, the other I do not liek but I don't care for teh tone in mvoies either..

Queen is so famous from Highlander you can't separate the two, if they had gone with Queen in the 1980s it would of felt like a ripoff. Timothy Dalton hugging a dead Bond girl to Who wants to live forever, has possibilities but someone else had done it and back then Bond ddin't do retreads.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Queen were a great band but don't do it with lady (or dudey) gaga, it's too late for a song now without Mercury, eon missed their chance and this is in bad taste imo and like op said they already known for highlander, leave it at that atleast Mercury was still around for that one, the only other time a queen song's worked is in shaun of the dead where it was used at the right time and credits.

I'm willing to bet u-2 will do the theme for it if no one else.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bond! Ah-aah! He's a miracle. When I suggested Mike Hodges as a director I'd like to see having a crack at a Bond film, somebody (I think it was Carl) replied that if you combine three of his previous movies, Get Carter, Croupier and Flash Gordon, you'd have the perfect Bond film. A Queen theme would have certainly fitted right in with that.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig