"James Blond" was unfortunate

Saunders
Lieutenant

"James Blond" was unfortunate

Post by Saunders »

Surely we know people find other problems with Craig other than his hair colour. Even if the other Bonds were all fair-haired, any casual observer would see that he sticks out due to his looks. :P Hair is a minor concern*, considering the rest we've been given to bear. It made people look petty, sadly. I remember actually pitying Craig a little until I watched CR. :lol: Looks are absolutely a matter for consideration!

I also think the site's name is a bit off (I believe I've already said this). Craig may not really be true to Fleming's Bond or Movie Bond but he is Bond by virtue of playing the lead in a Bond film. However passionately people may defend their positions, the name makes the community look like they're in denial. Something like "thumbsdowncraigbond" may have been better. "Downwithcraigbond" seems like it's calling for his sacking. "Craigbondbad"? "Craigbondsucks" :lol:

* Although it is funny that Bond used to fight blond henchmen; now (as you probably have noted) he is the blond. :P From wiki:

"Stamper is the seventh in a line of tall, blond henchmen to fight 007, after Red Grant (Robert Shaw) of From Russia with Love, Vargas (Philip Locke) of Thunderball, Hans (Ronald Rich) of You Only Live Twice, Peter Franks (Joe Robinson) of Diamonds Are Forever (although he was killed off at the very beginning,) Erich Kriegler (John Wyman) of For Your Eyes Only, and Necros (Andreas Wisniewski) of The Living Daylights."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: "James Blond" was unfortunate

Post by Kristatos »

Saunders wrote:I also think the site's name is a bit off (I believe I've already said this). Craig may not really be true to Fleming's Bond or Movie Bond but he is Bond by virtue of playing the lead in a Bond film. However passionately people may defend their positions, the name makes the community look like they're in denial. Something like "thumbsdowncraigbond" may have been better. "Downwithcraigbond" seems like it's calling for his sacking. "Craigbondbad"? "Craigbondsucks" :lol:
Somebody suggested changing the name to something like "classicbond.com" a while back to change the focus from being against something (Craig's Bond) to being for something (Bond as he was portrayed in the first 20 EON films and NSNA). I can see the virtue of staying positive, though the drawback is that we would probably stand out from the crowd a lot less than we do at the moment.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Re: "James Blond" was unfortunate

Post by Mazer Rackham »

I don't know anyone who was upset because of his hair color. That was the least of the problems with Craig as the suave, sophisticated, intelligent Ian Fleming Character.

"but he is Bond by virtue of playing the lead in a Bond film." So is Woody Allen. :razz:

I don't know I am convinced that site is different than it was, more mature and balanced than a CraigBad site it started as. I know some don't like the name becasue it is limited to one aspect of Bond. Craig, Craig will be gone soon enough will they shut the site down? I hope not.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming