Goldeneye
Site Admin

Wolverine and 007 Teaming Up on Broadway

Post by Goldeneye »

By Scott Ross
MSNBC
NBCNewYork.com
updated 25 minutes ago
Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig are teaming up to star in a play about two cops who find themselves in the middle a domestic dispute turned deadly, according to the New York Post.

The show, "A Steady Rain" by playwright Keith Huff, enjoyed rave reviews during its Chicago run. It chronicles the story of Denny and Joey, two cops who grew up together in the Windy City and find their loyalties to the job and each other tested by the death of a young boy, according to the Post..

Though Craig hasn't performed on the stage since his days as a struggling young actor, Jackman won a Tony in 2004 for his performance as songman Peter Allen in "The Boy From Oz." That role that forced the action star to trade in his sideburns and adamantium claws for maracas and flouncy blouses.

Hugh Jackman in "The Boy From Oz"

Despite mixed reviews, the show was a huge success, often taking in more than $1 million a week.

Despite numerous offers to return to the Great White Way since then, this will be Jackman's first time back.

The new show is being produced by Barbara Broccoli, who inherited stewardship of the James Bond franchise from her father, Albert Broccoli.

Broccoli took a $10 million bath with her 2005 Broadway production of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

Thank to bjmdds for the original post
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Wolverine and 007 Teaming Up on Broadway

Post by Dr. No »

this is as embarrassing as the kiss Barbara bought from him
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

She is trying to steal some of the fame Jackman has received from Broadway/Academy awards by sticking Craig in a production with Jackman. Guess what Barabara:"ain't gonna work!".
katied

Post by katied »

bjmdds wrote:She is trying to steal some of the fame Jackman has received from Broadway/Academy awards by sticking Craig in a production with Jackman. Guess what Barabara:"ain't gonna work!".
Yup. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Must try harder,Babs :twisted:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Goldeneye wrote:
By Scott Ross
MSNBC
NBCNewYork.com
updated 25 minutes ago
Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig are teaming up to star in a play about two cops who find themselves in the middle a domestic dispute turned deadly, according to the New York Post.

The show, "A Steady Rain" by playwright Keith Huff, enjoyed rave reviews during its Chicago run. It chronicles the story of Denny and Joey, two cops who grew up together in the Windy City and find their loyalties to the job and each other tested by the death of a young boy, according to the Post..

Though Craig hasn't performed on the stage since his days as a struggling young actor, Jackman won a Tony in 2004 for his performance as songman Peter Allen in "The Boy From Oz." That role that forced the action star to trade in his sideburns and adamantium claws for maracas and flouncy blouses.

Hugh Jackman in "The Boy From Oz"

Despite mixed reviews, the show was a huge success, often taking in more than $1 million a week.

Despite numerous offers to return to the Great White Way since then, this will be Jackman's first time back.

The new show is being produced by Barbara Broccoli, who inherited stewardship of the James Bond franchise from her father, Albert Broccoli.

Broccoli took a $10 million bath with her 2005 Broadway production of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

Thank to bjmdds for the original post

It might be interesting. I'm perfectly willing to give DC a chance in something as long as he isn't playing James Bond...or Ted Hughes.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:She is trying to steal some of the fame Jackman has received from Broadway/Academy awards by sticking Craig in a production with Jackman. Guess what Barabara:"ain't gonna work!".
Why not? It worked by sticking Craig in as Bond..... :wink:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm surprised that Craig has not appeared in the theatre since his "days as a young actor" given the type of actor he is.
Bring back Bond!
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

Is it not possible that this is not only a very good idea, but also two talented actors in an always popular (with fans and actors) enviroment.
Could spell big $$$$$ for all. One to watch, and the media will lap it up...as they already are.
katied

Post by katied »

carl stromberg wrote:I'm surprised that Craig has not appeared in the theatre since his "days as a young actor" given the type of actor he is.

I think plays were just a way for Craig to get his foot in the door.Some actors like plays so much they continue to do them while they do movies and TV. Craig isn't one of those people, though.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:I'm surprised that Craig has not appeared in the theatre since his "days as a young actor" given the type of actor he is.

I think plays were just a way for Craig to get his foot in the door.Some actors like plays so much they continue to do them while they do movies and TV. Craig isn't one of those people, though.
But given how reluctant he was to play Bond, I'd always assumed that he was one of those ac-tors, lovey. An opportunistic chancer who's only in it for the money would have jumped at the chance to play the lead role in a multi-billion dollar movie franchise.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

But given how reluctant he was to play Bond, I'd always assumed that he was one of those ac-tors, lovey. An opportunistic chancer who's only in it for the money would have jumped at the chance to play the lead role in a multi-billion dollar movie franchise.

Eh, if his career continues on the trajectory it's on, he may start having to do plays. I get the feeling,too, that Craig would rather do arty movies than a Bond film. Of course it means only about 1 % of the populations sees it,but still.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Huff to develop 'Steady Rain' movie for Bond producers

Post by Blowfeld »

Originally posted: July 20, 2009
Keith Huff to develop 'Steady Rain' movie for James Bond producers

The life of the Chicago writer Keith Huff has changed drastically. Even though he is still ensconced in his day job as a technical writer in Chicago, he has just inked a deal to develop the screen version of his hit play about two Chicago cops.

According to a report in the Hollywood Reporter, Huff will adapt his play for the Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. The trade paper says Huff's deal was in "the mid-six figures against one million."

"A Steady Rain," which premiered at Chicago Dramatists, moves to Broadway this fall with Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman in the lead roles. Given Broccoli's association with Craig, it seems likely that those two movie stars also have their eye on the film version
This story can be found at 'Steady Rain' movie for James Bond producers
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
katied

Re: Huff to develop 'Steady Rain' movie for Bond producers

Post by katied »

Blowfeld wrote:
Originally posted: July 20, 2009
Keith Huff to develop 'Steady Rain' movie for James Bond producers

The life of the Chicago writer Keith Huff has changed drastically. Even though he is still ensconced in his day job as a technical writer in Chicago, he has just inked a deal to develop the screen version of his hit play about two Chicago cops.

According to a report in the Hollywood Reporter, Huff will adapt his play for the Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. The trade paper says Huff's deal was in "the mid-six figures against one million."

"A Steady Rain," which premiered at Chicago Dramatists, moves to Broadway this fall with Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman in the lead roles. Given Broccoli's association with Craig, it seems likely that those two movie stars also have their eye on the film version
This story can be found at 'Steady Rain' movie for James Bond producers
Well of course Broccoli would have a hand in a movie version. But isn't that assuming a lot?Like that the play is going to be successful?(which it won't be).Bighead Broccoli strikes again. :roll:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

This Barbara/DC thing is starting to get a bit creepy.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

007 wrote:This Barbara/DC thing is starting to get a bit creepy.
Starting to?! Hell it got creepy when she bought that kiss from him!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

007 wrote:This Barbara/DC thing is starting to get a bit creepy.

I know, right!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

One of these kills like an animal the other cleans up nice, looks good in a TUX and knows how to wow the ladies. Hint it is not the one on the left ;)
katied

Post by katied »

Dr. No wrote:Image
One of these kills like an animal the other cleans up nice, looks good in a TUX and knows how to wow the ladies. Hint it is not the one on the left ;)
Ain't that the truth! That's what makes Babs Broccoli dragging Hugh Jackman into her orbit of crappiness so (un) surprising! :P
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Jackman called Daniel Craig by swear word

Post by Blowfeld »

Hugh Jackman has confessed that he once had a special swear word for his stage co-star Daniel Craig.

The actor duo is working together in a new Broadway play
‘A Steady Rain’.

But the ‘Australia’ star has revealed that there was a time when he wasn’t very fond of the current James Bond, and thus attached a swear word to his name.

He said that when Craig took a role Jackman coveted of poet Ted Hughes in the film ‘Sylvia Plath’ opposite Gwyneth Paltrow, he reacted by calling him the special name.

"That''s the first time I heard your name, and I attached it to, well, some swear word that I won''t say now. But then I watched your performance, and I was like, touche. You were great," the Daily Telegraph quoted Jackman, 40, as having told USA Today
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
katied

Re: Jackman called Daniel Craig by swear word

Post by katied »

Blowfeld wrote:
Hugh Jackman has confessed that he once had a special swear word for his stage co-star Daniel Craig.

The actor duo is working together in a new Broadway play
‘A Steady Rain’.

But the ‘Australia’ star has revealed that there was a time when he wasn’t very fond of the current James Bond, and thus attached a swear word to his name.

He said that when Craig took a role Jackman coveted of poet Ted Hughes in the film ‘Sylvia Plath’ opposite Gwyneth Paltrow, he reacted by calling him the special name.

"That''s the first time I heard your name, and I attached it to, well, some swear word that I won''t say now. But then I watched your performance, and I was like, touche. You were great," the Daily Telegraph quoted Jackman, 40, as having told USA Today
Iiinteresting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, Sylvia wasn't a very good movie.