'DAD' invisible vehicle technology coming closer to reality

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

'DAD' invisible vehicle technology coming closer to reality

Post by FormerBondFan »

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
'Die Another Day' invisible vehicle technology coming closer to reality
Bond News - 20-02-11

The theoretical research that inspired behind James Bond's invisible Aston Martin from "Die Another Day" is moving closer to being used in a real-life disappearing tank.

The BAE Systems technology uses cameras and other gadgets to project images of surroundings on to the vehicle so it “vanishes”.

Results are so good, experts predict the invisible combat vehicle could be on the battlefield in 2016. It can also fool deadly infra-red, heat-seeking missiles.

A BAE Systems spokesman said: “An invisible tank is exciting James Bond stuff. We think we have cracked it.

“It works at the touch of a button and means the vehicle instantly changes colour and temperature.

“The vehicle is invisible to the naked eye and night vision. The real challenge has been to beat infra-red sensors and heat-seeking missiles.”
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: 'DAD' invisible vehicle technology coming closer to reality

Post by Omega »

It was never very far fetched. Not in 2002 like the remote car in TND it was a few years ahead of its time not fantastic. Knight Rider is fantasy and thankfully Q never gave Bond a car that could talk and spy on its own.
............ :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Let's hope it is in use before Bond 23, then they can use it on Craig's face. :twisted:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Let's hope it is in use before Bond 23, then they can use it on Craig's face. :twisted:
LMAO! Excellent one, Capt.! Excellent.
"Are we on coms?"
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Nice to hear the Tec is possible, But I always thought they could of saved " The overburdened British tax payer " some cash by giving Bond the White Lotus for the snow scenes. :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thunderpussy wrote:Nice to hear the Tec is possible, But I always thought they could of saved " The overburdened British tax payer " some cash by giving Bond the White Lotus for the snow scenes. :lol:
Speaking of which, will Bond 23 give us a Q scene appropriate for the ConDem Nation? "Thanks to the public sector cuts, here is your new gadget: a ballpoint pen that has four different colours of ink. Not just one, mind, but four".

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Irony-man
New Recruit

Post by Irony-man »

"We are also issuing these new communications devices to all Double O's. When you want to leave a message for someone you simply encode it on this device - using the the 4 ink pen - and then remove the sheet. It's self-adhesive backing allows it to be placed almost anywhere. It's suprisingly difficult to write succinct notes but with some practice it can be very effective. The American CIA swear by them!"

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Irony-man wrote:"We are also issuing these new communications devices to all Double O's. When you want to leave a message for someone you simply encode it on this device - using the the 4 ink pen - and then remove the sheet. It's self-adhesive backing allows it to be placed almost anywhere. It's suprisingly difficult to write succinct notes but with some practice it can be very effective. The American CIA swear by them!"

:lol:

Welcome ironyman! :cheers:
Bring back Bond!
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Speaking of which, will Bond 23 give us a Q scene appropriate for the ConDem Nation? "Thanks to the public sector cuts, here is your new gadget: a ballpoint pen that has four different colours of ink. Not just one, mind, but four".
:lol: that was great Kristatos! :lol:
Irony-man wrote:"We are also issuing these new communications devices to all Double O's. When you want to leave a message for someone you simply encode it on this device - using the the 4 ink pen - and then remove the sheet. It's self-adhesive backing allows it to be placed almost anywhere. It's suprisingly difficult to write succinct notes but with some practice it can be very effective. The American CIA swear by them!"

:lol: this is another great one! The final touch "The American CIA swear by them" is just perfect! :lol:

And welcome!

Sadly, I'm afraid we won't even have to settle for this type of gadget... Q is not dark and twisty enough for the new NON-Bond. :roll:
"Are we on coms?"
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I also believe they're working on a piece of string and two cans as some kind of new high-tec Phone. :)
Irony-man
New Recruit

Post by Irony-man »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I always hear Desmond Llewellen's voice in my head when I think of Q
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Irony-man wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. I always hear Desmond Llewellen's voice in my head when I think of Q
Aw, that is so sweet! I loved him as Q. He just IS the character. I'm fine with John Cleese coming back, as long as he plays Q and not HIMSELF this time around... anyhow the Post-it plus comment was priceless! :lol:
"Are we on coms?"