Ingrid Pitt - Craig Is Not Bond

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
FROSTY
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Favorite Movies: Star Wars, Superman, Star Trek, Alien, Blade Runner, Flash Gordon, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters, King Kong

Re: Ingrid Pitt - Craig Is Not Bond

Post by FROSTY »

The 5 previous Bond Actors are towing the company line - does anyone expect them to ever diss Craig, publicly?

So as much as they are a credible opinion on the subject - because of WHO they are - at the same time, they're not
Neither the name "Frosty" nor any other name
or character in this post is meant to portray
a real company of actual person
katied

Post by katied »

Of course not...the former actors all have to toe the company line...dissing other Bonds is not done..I can imagine the reaction on Bond messageboards-especially the EON funded ones-if one of the former Bonds were to diss another :?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

FROSTY wrote:The 5 previous Bond Actors are towing the company line - does anyone expect them to ever diss Craig, publicly?

So as much as they are a credible opinion on the subject - because of WHO they are - at the same time, they're not
I recall reading a spat between Lazenby and Brosnan a while ago, and I'm not entirely sure Moore was very positive over Brosnan.
Anyone have any links to articles on this?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

As far as I can remember...

Connery: I don't think he ever commented on Lazenby. I don't recall him ever expressing an opinion on Moore either, but I know they're good friends. He commented on Dalton not being cool/dangerous enough in the role. And of course he gave thumbs up to Brosnan and Craig.

Lazenby: I think he only commented on Brosnan and Craig. He thought Brosnan acted "too feminine" in the role, while he liked Craig as Bond he, like Moore, didn't like the films' violence.

Moore: Always referred to Connery as the best. Never commented on Lazenby. Claimed he would never watch any of the films that came after AVTAK for awhile. Only managed to see DAD (which he didn't like), but I think he liked Brosnan. Then of course he saw Craig's flicks and thought he made a wonderful Bond, but like Lazenby, didn't sit too well on the violence of the films.

Dalton: He respected Connery and Moore's interpretations. Never commented on Lazenby. I never heard his thoughts on Brosnan. And around CR's release he expressed that he thought Craig was great as Bond.

Brosnan: Always praised Connery and Moore. Made some negative remarks about Lazenby (and vice versa). I think he liked Dalton, but didn't care for his films. Likes Craig.

Again this is all I can recall. If anyone has more input on how each of the Bonds think of eachother please help out. :) I'm pretty sure they all genuinely like Craig as Bond, much like the general public obviously does. Craig has struck a cord. Not everyone believes that, but there you go. Yet they also don't think of everyone of eachother as good (notably Connery, Lazenby and Brosnan) which rules out the whole "they're only back patting eachother" theory.
Milton Krest
Lieutenant

Post by Milton Krest »

Mazer Rackham wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:
Hey! Wow! Isn't that the same barrel they got Craig from?
I think he may have been the wooden top! :lol:
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

stockslivevan wrote:As far as I can remember...

Connery: I don't think he ever commented on Lazenby. I don't recall him ever expressing an opinion on Moore either, but I know they're good friends. He commented on Dalton not being cool/dangerous enough in the role. And of course he gave thumbs up to Brosnan and Craig.

Lazenby: I think he only commented on Brosnan and Craig. He thought Brosnan acted "too feminine" in the role, while he liked Craig as Bond he, like Moore, didn't like the films' violence.

Moore: Always referred to Connery as the best. Never commented on Lazenby. Claimed he would never watch any of the films that came after AVTAK for awhile. Only managed to see DAD (which he didn't like), but I think he liked Brosnan. Then of course he saw Craig's flicks and thought he made a wonderful Bond, but like Lazenby, didn't sit too well on the violence of the films.

Dalton: He respected Connery and Moore's interpretations. Never commented on Lazenby. I never heard his thoughts on Brosnan. And around CR's release he expressed that he thought Craig was great as Bond.

Brosnan: Always praised Connery and Moore. Made some negative remarks about Lazenby (and vice versa). I think he liked Dalton, but didn't care for his films. Likes Craig.

Again this is all I can recall. If anyone has more input on how each of the Bonds think of eachother please help out. :) I'm pretty sure they all genuinely like Craig as Bond, much like the general public obviously does. Craig has struck a cord. Not everyone believes that, but there you go. Yet they also don't think of everyone of eachother as good (notably Connery, Lazenby and Brosnan) which rules out the whole "they're only back patting eachother" theory.
Well done, stocks...... :cheers:
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
James wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:Image

Don't forget Bob. He did say Jack Bauer would kick Craig's arse or something.

On a similar theme...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a136 ... round.html

Statham: 'I would slap Bond around'

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Jason Statham has claimed that his Transporter character could beat James Bond in a fight.

The British actor, who reprises his role as Frank Martin in next month's Transporter 3, said that he was much more involved in physically demanding stuntwork than Bond star Daniel Craig.

Statham told MTV: "Oh, he'd slap old Bond around a couple of times, wouldn't he?

"You know, it's difficult to say but we do a lot of our own fight sequences and we keep it pretty realistic and pretty cool. We don't have many stunt doubles.

"Not to take anything away from what the Bond franchise people do, but I know they work with a lot of stuntmen and we tend to get stuck in and do our own stuff."

When asked who would win a car race between Martin and Jason Bourne, he replied: "A road race? Well, it's gonna be me looking in the rear view mirror, I suppose!"
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

You do know his comments are not meant to be taken that seriously..................

...............don't you? :shock:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

The Sweeney wrote:You do know his comments are not meant to be taken that seriously..................

...............don't you? :shock:
SHH! They're trying to find someone who isn't Z-List material, don't ruin their day. :wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Statham isn't on any list, Z or otherwise.He isn't even in the alphabet :P
wrenchhands
Lieutenant

Post by wrenchhands »

Stratham is 5'9. Craig is taller and just as built as the dude.

He could take that playboy Moore or Brosnan though.
katied

Post by katied »

Statham's been in just as many turkeys as Craig has..maybe more :twisted:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

wrenchhands wrote:Stratham is 5'9
If you try and check out Jason Statham's height it's listed as anything from 5'8 to 5'11. He's a bit like Craig in that respect. Vague. Let's just split the difference and say they are both 5'9.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
wrenchhands
Lieutenant

Post by wrenchhands »

I'll give them both 5' 9'' .

On that note, I'd rather be 5'9" and f**king ripped than 5'11 and skinny.

And i'll take my bonds ripped instead of average and tall.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_o ... 851001.stm

"My favourite James Bond is Sean Connery. I don't like the latest, he is short and blond. I think I look more like James Bond than he does."

Spanish golfer Alvaro Quiros, who was inspired to win the Qatar Masters by watching two Bond films before the final round.

:cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_o ... 851001.stm

"My favourite James Bond is Sean Connery. I don't like the latest, he is short and blond. I think I look more like James Bond than he does."

Spanish golfer Alvaro Quiros, who was inspired to win the Qatar Masters by watching two Bond films before the final round.

:cheers:
He's got good taste :cheers:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'd like to add Jesper Christensen, aka "Mr White", to the list of celebrities who do not like the rebooted Bond. Mr Christensen said the two Craig Bond's were s**t. :cheers:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

I'd like to add Jesper Christensen, aka "Mr White", to the list of celebrities who do not like the rebooted Bond. Mr Christensen said the two Craig Bond's were s**t. :cheers:
The impression I got, was he was having a go at the Bond franchise in general. He probably thinks he's above it all, an actor to be taken seriously, and not one to be associated with something childish like Bond.

If that was his take on the franchise, heaven knows what he thinks of the Brosnan/Moore flicks.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Sweeney wrote:

The impression I got, was he was having a go at the Bond franchise in general. He probably thinks he's above it all, an actor to be taken seriously, and not one to be associated with something childish like Bond.

If that was his take on the franchise, heaven knows what he thinks of the Brosnan/Moore flicks.
I wouldn't go there. The guy is a SOB for stabling them in the back but he didn't go after the all the Eon movies just the two he was sort of in.

Brosnan/Moore is your hang up but at least the movies were fun to watch
............ :007:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

I'd like to add Jesper Christensen, aka "Mr White", to the list of celebrities who do not like the rebooted Bond. Mr Christensen said the two Craig Bond's were s**t.
I'll see your Jesper Christensen and raise you one Honor Blackman.

"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming