Reality:TBA

A place to discuss the latest in Bond News.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Reality:TBA

Post by Kristatos »

Watch the CBn spin machine go into overdrive trying to put a positive sheen on QOS's box office results. Note in particular the "Reality: TBA" tags on the last three estimates - you can practically hear the cogs grinding!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Reality:TBA

Post by bjmdds »

Spin is what they do but the question is....WHY?.....could they really be an Eon stooge front on the internet masquerading as an independent entity? There is NO positive spin to a film that opened huge and tanked 6 weeks later, falling well short of what Eon wanted it to be.
katied

Post by katied »

People here know my feelings about this,but the most well-known Bond messageboards most *definitely* have people from EON posting there,or EON are paying certain posters/mods money to big up the Bond franchise when anyone posts something negative.
LilleOSC
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger

Post by LilleOSC »

That is pretty messed up, katied.
katied

Post by katied »

Some here will tell you I'm wrong..I try not to get myself started about certain Bond boards otherwise I won't shut up :wink:

It's just that it's too coincidental that someone pops up with a "you're wrong!" post when someone smack talks Bond films/EON on those boards.

They think they aren't being obvious about it,but there's plenty of people(like me)that see right through it,but are afraid to seem like they are s*** stirring by questioning authority.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Like whatshisname, colonel sun i think it was.Appeared on mi6 and other forums was quickly unmasked as a "former" eon stooge who just happens to completely agree with everything they do no mater what :roll:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

There are some weird characters in those places. Some of them read more like Eon press releases than ordinary people doing a few posts on a forum.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Oscar, James,exactly.I think at one point people would have confronted them, regardless of the consequences.But now there's a feeling of not wanting to rock the boat,so not calling EON shills out has become the norm.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

oscartheman wrote:Like whatshisname, colonel sun i think it was.Appeared on mi6 and other forums was quickly unmasked as a "former" eon stooge who just happens to completely agree with everything they do no mater what :roll:
What's this? Colonel Sun an Eon stooge? Can you elaborate? I knew that something fishy was going on there. :cuss:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

katied wrote:People here know my feelings about this,but the most well-known Bond messageboards most *definitely* have people from EON posting there,or EON are paying certain posters/mods money to big up the Bond franchise when anyone posts something negative.
Correctamundo sweet Katied. I agree 100000%! There is tooooo much attacking contrary views which is supposedly a friendly forum for fun. When they take it toooo personally, you know it's all about bucks. Eon should be ashamed. I even now think that MGW 'might' be a poster on MI6 and CB.net, for he really does nothing but sit around the sets and shows up for interviews about the films, so he has plenty of time to kill as his 1/2 sister ruins the franchise.
English Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, CR, TB, LALD

Post by English Agent »

Ummm............i've often wondered if any of the EON people posted at MI6 or CBn!!!

The only people who would possibly know this would be the sites administrators, as they have access to the members signing on email addresses.

EA
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Why don't we get any EON people posting here? I want to play with them, mwuhahahaha!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

EA,if the admins at any of Bond boards knew that EON people were posting there,or posters there were being paid by EON,they'd never fess up to it :wink:
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

bjmdds wrote:
oscartheman wrote:Like whatshisname, colonel sun i think it was.Appeared on mi6 and other forums was quickly unmasked as a "former" eon stooge who just happens to completely agree with everything they do no mater what :roll:
What's this? Colonel Sun an Eon stooge? Can you elaborate? I knew that something fishy was going on there. :cuss:
I think his name was Col Sun.Frosty might remember better becasue he was among the first to pick up on it.

Col Sun shamed up summer 2006 full of good cheer + eons praises.After he was called out he admitted he used to work for eon, no longer employed by eon.Yap.Yap.Yap.yada.yada.yada.Part of his full disclosed he said moderators for several forum knew who he was and was legit.No vested interest except for his eternal love of eon.
All I can say is it stuck in my memory.I might be incorrect about some of the facts.A Mi6 search might be in order.Not sure my account is still active since I haven't been there is years.Not since the Craig love in got sickening.
katied

Post by katied »

I really have avoided harshing on certain Bond boards,but since the topic has been broached,and I think I can discuss this without being too shrill, here goes:

This is no shock to me whatsoever.The fact that extreme reactions to anti-EON/Craig posts(especially on MI6) are greeted with venom,especially from longtime posters/self appointed mods(they are not mututally exclusive :twisted:)is indicative that there is an unspoken rule that you do NOT go against EON.I'm not sure when this became a unspoken rule, but it did.

As for the mods/admins/posters being paid to big up EON?Some would say that there's nothing wrong with it. I respectfully disagree. People should be able to have a opinion,but when a messageboard is so concerned with not losing their precious link to EON that they browbeat posters that disagree,that is wrong.

MI6 has a reputation for being unfriendly(and it's easy to see why).Commander Bond is a bit better.At least they don't think every new poster is a troll :roll:
Milton Krest
Lieutenant

Post by Milton Krest »

katied wrote:I really have avoided harshing on certain Bond boards,but since the topic has been broached,and I think I can discuss this without being too shrill, here goes:

This is no shock to me whatsoever.The fact that extreme reactions to anti-EON/Craig posts(especially on MI6) are greeted with venom,especially from longtime posters/self appointed mods(they are not mututally exclusive :twisted:)is indicative that there is an unspoken rule that you do NOT go against EON.I'm not sure when this became a unspoken rule, but it did.

As for the mods/admins/posters being paid to big up EON?Some would say that there's nothing wrong with it. I respectfully disagree. People should be able to have a opinion,but when a messageboard is so concerned with not losing their precious link to EON that they browbeat posters that disagree,that is wrong.

MI6 has a reputation for being unfriendly(and it's easy to see why).Commander Bond is a bit better.At least they don't think every new poster is a troll :roll:
That lot at m16 sound a paranoid bunch! do you think they spend too much time stalking Craig! :lol: i have heard its a Craig love fest there! deluded people! :lol: his new film will up there street! i have not seen it but i hear its full of the usual Craig bad acting! :)
katied

Post by katied »

I think Craig is not as loved there as some would have you think :wink:

MI6 paranoid? Yes,in a lot of ways,not just about losing their link to EON.
wrenchhands
Lieutenant

Post by wrenchhands »

Look at all the people here who will spin QOS as bad for free. You guys should get someone to pay you.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

wrenchhands wrote:Look at all the people here who will spin QOS as bad for free. You guys should get someone to pay you.
:lol:
wrenchhands
Lieutenant

Post by wrenchhands »

Correction, EON owes me some back pay for my hard work here.