The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

they are
:shock:
Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series called "Episode 7," set for release in 2015, with plans to follow it with Episodes 8 and 9 and then one new movie every two or three years.

The Walt Disney Co. announced the agreement to make the purchase in cash and stock Tuesday.

The deal brings Lucasfilm under the Disney banner with other brands including Pixar, Marvel, ESPN and ABC.

Kathleen Kennedy, the current co-chairman of Lucasfilm, will become its president and report to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Lucas will be creative consultant on new "Star Wars" films.

Lucas said in a statement, "It's now time for me to pass `Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... z2AolUw5hZ
............ :007:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

More Star Wars films, huh? It will be interesting to see how this well this all works out.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

"Needless to say, 5.71 million viewers for a new "X Factor" episode is absolutely dismal." http://www.examiner.com/article/the-x-f ... -the-voice Where is Ale now? She predicted this LAST year :!: Cowell is D-O-N-E and rightly so. I cannot stand him.......nor Pers Morgan for that matter. Both have zero appeal and do not belong live on tv. The Munster remake tanked as well last Friday.
katied

Post by katied »

George Lucas is d-u-m-b DUMB for doing more Star Wars movies, :cuss:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

katied wrote:George Lucas is d-u-m-b DUMB for doing more Star Wars movies, :cuss:
I think the big news is that George Lucas has sold Star Wars and will not make the new ones?
katied

Post by katied »

Oh, duh..I just saw "7th Star Wars Movie" and assumed. Not sure if lack of Lucas involvement is a good thing or a bad thing.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

katied wrote:Oh, duh..I just saw "7th Star Wars Movie" and assumed. Not sure if lack of Lucas involvement is a good thing or a bad thing.
Maybe it depends on whether you liked the Star Wars prequels!!
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Good riddance.Get the Avengers director for episode 7 it's a surefire hit.Then remake the prequiles without Jar Jar.
http://static.wdwnews.com/files/2010/08 ... 40x476.jpg
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Screw James Bond. Give me Star Wars 7 anytime.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Another franchise to follow FBF.....another :!: http://col.stb00.s-msn.com/i/4A/3D8CF25 ... 289962.jpg
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Disney's Star Wars Episode VII all the way. James Bond is dead.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

A new Bond Vs. Bond video:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

oscartheman wrote:Good riddance.Get the Avengers director for episode 7 it's a surefire hit.Then remake the prequiles without Jar Jar.
Avengers 2 is scheduled for 2015, the same as Star Wars 7, so I think that rules Joss Whedon out. I'd like to see Andrew Stanton do it, but the (IMO wholly undeserved) box office failure of John Carter means that Disney is unlikely to let him loose on another big budget SF/fantasy movie anytime soon.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Kristatos wrote:
oscartheman wrote:Good riddance.Get the Avengers director for episode 7 it's a surefire hit.Then remake the prequiles without Jar Jar.
Avengers 2 is scheduled for 2015, the same as Star Wars 7, so I think that rules Joss Whedon out. I'd like to see Andrew Stanton do it, but the (IMO wholly undeserved) box office failure of John Carter means that Disney is unlikely to let him loose on another big budget SF/fantasy movie anytime soon.
Disney only has the new episodes until 2020 then the House of Mouse gets rights to Episodes I,II, III, __, V and VI. Episode IV A New Hope stays with FOX.
Disney is looking at this long term it is an investment which will still be paying off in 100 years.

As for restoration of the original movies who knows, a lot of speculation now Lucas is gone they could be restored, could happen he also could have final approval over any version released.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wreck It Ralph(November 2) will have help from Lincoln's "wide" release, Twilight, Anna Karenina, Rise Of the Guardians and The Hobbit and Les Mis which start cutting into the sack of suds Eon is shoveling here starting November 16th.
katied

Post by katied »

I can't wait for Wreck It Ralph. Excited about Lincoln too.

Oh and as far as picking a side(more Star Wars Vs. more Bond...I have to side with Star Wars. Who knows..we may get surprised.)
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

katied wrote:I can't wait for Wreck It Ralph. Excited about Lincoln too.

Oh and as far as picking a side(more Star Wars Vs. more Bond...I have to side with Star Wars. Who knows..we may get surprised.)
Star wars I might not be too happy that disney has bought the rights but I saw avengers and they did a hell of a great job with that thanks to Joss Whedon :up: .

Bond can die in a fire, I don't care for some boring political bullcrap and someone saving themself (unless it's batman), as fbf's mentioned the franchise is a zombie it needs putting down but the people who created the zombie are too amused by it to want to do anything diferent.

To op so the hobbit could be out in November then?.......hell yes :cheers: :D :up:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
katied

Post by katied »

Well, 8:00 here and I've already handed out all of my Halloween candy. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"We are absolutely overwhelmed with the reaction to Skyfall this weekend," said producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.
"It is particularly thrilling as the UK is home to James Bond and it being the 50th anniversary year."