The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

The anti-Bond 23 campaign is underway: "Daniel Craig, the current 007, commented that "We have relationships with a number of companies so that we can make this movie. The simple fact is that, without them, we couldn’t do it. It’s unfortunate but that’s how it is. This movie costs a lot of money to make, it costs as nearly as much again if not more to promote, so we go where we can."
That’s not stopping Bond fans from taking to Facebook to form protest groups as "Boycott Heineken because they make James Bond drink their piss" and "Boo James Bond Heineken scene."
Whatever side of the argument you (Sky)fall on, you’ll likely be hearing about it plenty more before the film hits the big screen in the UK on Oct. 26 and in the U.S. on Nov. 9. In the meantime, Heineken’s teaser campaign will likely incite some online fan grumpiness, even though it features the comely new Bond Girl, and even though the iconic film franchise is celebrating 50 years since the first Bond film, Dr. No, this year.
As Heineken's Facebook teaser campaign by W+K Amsterdam (billed as "Help Severine save the world") that launched Friday hints, a global commercial that breaks this week will feature Craig and new Bond girl Bérénice Marlohe on an epic train journey that will invite viewers to help “crack the case.”
“The creativity and progressiveness of the Heineken brand combined with the legendary James Bond franchise will provide viewers with high entertainment values,” stated Alexis Nasard, chief commercial officer of Heineken. Along with a whole lot to quibble about over drinks."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

For Fox, Jegeus warns not to underestimate Liam Neeson starrer "Taken 2" (launching Oct. 5), based on early tracking figures. The sequel aims to build on overseas love for the first film, which became one of 2008's biggest sleeper hits, raking in more than $226 million worldwide.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Total Lifetime Grosses MI:4
Domestic: $209,397,903 30.1%
+ Foreign: $485,315,477 69.9%
= Worldwide: $694,713,380 FBF, these are the numbers we will watch closely comparing which spy franchise is number 1. Eon wants to beat this.........no way that is happening.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

I have the feeling this movie will be the worst domestic Bond in a long time.Rest of the world I don't know I just feel this one is not going to be big here.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Total Lifetime Grosses MI:4
Domestic: $209,397,903 30.1%
+ Foreign: $485,315,477 69.9%
= Worldwide: $694,713,380 FBF, these are the numbers we will watch closely comparing which spy franchise is number 1. Eon wants to beat this.........no way that is happening.
If you're going to compare Bond 23's numbers with MI4's, then you might as well have the weirdos to take over as Bond and NO EXCEPTIONS.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

oscartheman wrote:I have the feeling this movie will be the worst domestic Bond in a long time.
I hope you're right 200%.
Rest of the world I don't know I just feel this one is not going to be big here.
We'll need more than just vampires and Bilbo & The Company to purge Bond 23 from the box office.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

oscartheman wrote:I have the feeling this movie will be the worst domestic Bond in a long time.Rest of the world I don't know I just feel this one is not going to be big here.
Funny enough I'm thinking exactly the opposite. I think this will be huge in the US, biggest in years.

I believe the London Olympics Queen stunt will have done the trick. The US go more crazy for our Royal Family than we do, and having Bond as part of it all may have been the publicity stunt for the US EON have been crying out for.

Double this with Adele's popularity in the US too.

Well we'll know fairly soon which one of us is right. Not long now....
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

In regards to Hollywood's remaking craze, I sincerely hope Barbara and Michael don't get aboard that bandwagon, because then James Bond will truly be dead.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

It might amp up soon but Skyfall feels very low key to me given that the film comes out next month. I'm not detecting a huge buzz of anticipation.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: Double this with Adele's popularity in the US too.
We still don't know for sure that she is singing the theme song. The last I heard, she had been "reportedly confirmed", but her people just said "no comment". I think they would have denied it if the rumours had been completely baseless, though, they are probably just waiting for an official announcement from EON.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:
James wrote:
bjamesobrad wrote:http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/wide-s ... 47892.html

Pierce snubs Toronto International Film Festival Bond Themed Fund Raiser
I sort of hope he snubs the 50th anniversary celebrations too. It would probably look a bit embarrassing to be mingling with George Lazenby playing second fiddle to the awful Daniel Craig.

It would be funny if DC turned up and found he was the only Bond there :)
Just as eon planed :evil: Muwhahaha :evil:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote: Double this with Adele's popularity in the US too.
We still don't know for sure that she is singing the theme song. The last I heard, she had been "reportedly confirmed", but her people just said "no comment". I think they would have denied it if the rumours had been completely baseless, though, they are probably just waiting for an official announcement from EON.
This time next month they ought to be doing previews. Where is the song?

It is sort of quiet. I remember the build up to the other Bond movies there was an excitement. Maybe its overseas more. The election is the biggest news here hard to compete with that.

Food for thought nobody playing Bond in a anniversary film has ever come back for the next film. :mrgreen: :007: :wink:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm 2 Bond girls booked for Chiller Theatre next month, amongst others.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

katied

Post by katied »

bjmdds wrote:http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm 2 Bond girls booked for Chiller Theatre next month, amongst others.

Checking out some of the guests..a really varied lineup.Fun fact:Did you know Andrew McCarthy(from the John Hughes movies)is a travel writer?He actually writes articles for several travel magazines.Wish I had *that* job!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's not Adele. The Bond 23 theme song.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Anyone get the Prometheus HD? It's out on video weeks before Blu-ray. Almost got it myself but I can get the UV code cheap in a few weeks and I'm saving up for Black Friday. Same reason I don't have a iphone 5, yes its not the (i)nnovative but d**n it I wanted a new phone. Oh well there's always iPhone 6, maybe android will take over by then. Droids are easier to work with on many thing, wifi calling, stuff like this. Apple app are so abundant and they work on all the devices.
............ :007:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

first perons to post to a Bond forum with his xbox. Whoo!

Hoorah!
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New Hobbit trailer. FBF, this will be HUGE :!: Will it stand up to the 3 Star Wars prequels? FBF, your new avatar? http://www.thehobbitblog.com//character ... lbo_01.jpg