USA Mid-term election

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

USA Mid-term election

Postby bjmdds » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:05 pm

Republicans are gaining on their Democratic counterparts in the generic House ballot, a new poll published Wednesday found. Democrats maintain a lead over the GOP on the generic ballot, with 47 percent of registered voters saying they’d support Democratic candidates over Republicans if the election were held today. 45% of voters would support GOP candidates, according to a Monmouth University Poll. That latest figures for the generic ballot are a marked shift from December, when 51 percent of voters said they would back Democrats, compared to 36 percent who would cast ballots for Republican congressional candidates. :hi:
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

USA Mid-term election

Postby Omega » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:51 pm

I don’t know if generic ballots mean anything.
But I also doubt if they were really ever behind the democrats among likely voters.
The day after trump was elected the media thought 2018 was going to be a blow out for republicans because the democrats have no local game, they suddenly realized except for a few bubbles on the east and west coast they lost everything in between, I don’t think anything has changed since the, and the democrats are still relitigating a election they lost and build up old candidates who are no longer relevant instead f moving on, if they listen to Donna Brazile and clean house they might actually be trouble the republicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: USA Mid-term election

Postby bjmdds » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Republicans have at last seized the advantage on a generic congressional ballot following a three-month period that saw Democrats with leads between 2 and 10 points, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll found. Among registered voters, 39 percent said they would vote for a generic Republican candidate for Congress, while 38 percent said they would vote for a Democrat and 23 percent said they are undecided.
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Re: USA Mid-term election

Postby Omega » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm

That’s the tax cut working.
But the republicans need good candidates if they go with more Roy Moore clones it won’t matter if more people on a generic ballot prefer them.

On the other hand that democrat in Alabama has so far voted with trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past