US Presidential election 2020

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Re: US Presidential election 2020

Postby bjmdds » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 pm

He's too moderate for this crowd of Democrats, he's old, and white, all of which is antithetical to what the party wants. Bernie is white and old, but is a left-wing lunatic, so he will get a pass for that by the Democratic voters.
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby Omega » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:35 pm

unless it’s rigged like Hilary did it Biden is not going to move the base enough to secure delegates to place any higher than Jeb!

Democrats in charge are still trying to re-litigate elections and battles they already lost. The base moved beyond caring about what status quo Washington Democrats want or represent. I thought they would have found a answer to trumps populism in at least one of their candidates so far, it’s either “get ready to reinstate the status quo !” or “get ready for a new green deal and kiss your quality of life goodbye!”
Trump campaigns like a 1930s-1960s populist democrat, but the party as it exists now can’t see it. There is a answer to trump but they’ll never find it before 2024.
My honest guess is a trump like democrat, meaning America first, rebuild the blue collar jobs and protect the, large family benefit programs, get us out of foreign wars and stop giving benefits to enemy nations to spend then at home will eventually take over for trump and continue his reforms.
the current leaders think they are successfully countering his achievements with rhetoric and nostalgia for the good old days where the big 3 news outlet told the nation the facts and the population couldn’t tweet or talk to millions of fellow Americans without the censorship of the media, the top democrats are ignoring trump is another jfk FDR like populist and progressive, if they find a similar democrat that really gets why the populism fdr had worked the party can take the White House again. However I think the current leaders have to be displaced along with the new crazy wing of wannabe marxist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Postby bjmdds » Wed May 01, 2019 11:34 pm

Hunter Biden — Biden’s second son — secured $1 billion in financing from the Bank of China — an arm of the Chinese government — for a private equity firm founded by himself and Christopher Heinz, the stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry. That private equity firm was named Bohai-Harvest RST (BHR). :shock:
bjmdds

Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby Omega » Thu May 02, 2019 12:54 am

Biden is going to fizzle our soon. He’s not got the charisma to actually generate a wave of support to win one state primary
His best chance was a VP with Obama stumping for him. He’d still have lost but that was the times changing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Postby bjmdds » Fri May 10, 2019 5:44 pm

"Hoist with their own petard" is a phrase from a speech in William Shakespeare's play Hamlet that has become proverbial. The phrase's meaning is literally that the bomb-maker (a "petard" is a small explosive device) is blown up ("hoisted" off the ground) by his own bomb, and indicates an ironic reversal, or poetic justice.-------it sums up the Democratic Party led by Pelosi/Schumer/Nadler/Schiff/Clinton/Oh-bama etc.
bjmdds

Postby bjmdds » Fri May 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said in an interview Thursday that he plans to travel to Ukraine to push the country's leadership on several probes that may prove "very, very helpful" to President Trump, as Republicans continue looking to turn the tables on Democrats and prove that they -- not the GOP -- were the party that improperly conspired with foreign actors.

Ukrainian President-elect Volodymyr Zelensky, who takes office in June, will assume stewardship of two major ongoing investigations. One concerns evidence that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton campaign may have worked with Ukrainians to illegally help Clinton by revealing damaging information about then-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

The other investigation pertains to allegations that former Vice President Joe Biden pressured Ukraine to fire its top prosecutor in order to take the heat off the prosecutor's probe into a company that employed his son as a board member.
bjmdds

Previous

Return to Politics