New series

News and Discussion of all things Dr Who

New series

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:56 am

I enjoyed the new episode of Doctor Who. I thought the new companion might be a bit annoying but it was not the case.

Who will be the new Doctor? I read that it may be Kris Marshall.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: New series

Postby Kristatos » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm

I liked the character, but I sometimes found Pearl Mackie hard to understand. I don't think it's my hearing, as I didn't have the same problem with the other actors. I just don't think her diction is very good.

I'm sceptical about the Kris Marshall story. Still no announcement from the BBC. Some people are saying that it sounds like one of those fake stories planted in order to identify leakers.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:29 am

Kristatos wrote:I liked the character, but I sometimes found Pearl Mackie hard to understand. I don't think it's my hearing, as I didn't have the same problem with the other actors. I just don't think her diction is very good.

I'm sceptical about the Kris Marshall story. Still no announcement from the BBC. Some people are saying that it sounds like one of those fake stories planted in order to identify leakers.

I can understand most people when they speak English - although some of the French accents during the Presidential vote were a bit tricky.

The skulls in the garden in the latest ep were scary.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby Blowfeld » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:35 am

Latest episode was one of the best in some time. Happiness Patrol II.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Return to Doctor Who