Amnesty Andrew wants Trump's job

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Amnesty Andrew wants Trump's job

Postby bjmdds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:29 pm

bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; The Crimson Pirate;Elvis Presley films

Re: Amnesty Andrew wants Trump's job

Postby bjmdds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Cuomo Commutes Sentence of Judith Clark, Driver in Deadly Brink’s Robbery :!: Judith Clark, who drove a getaway car in the infamous 1981 robbery of a Brink’s armored car in Rockland County, N.Y., that left a guard and two police officers dead, went into prison defiant, with seemingly little chance of getting out. The judge who sentenced her saw her as beyond rehabilitation, giving her a minimum of 75 years in prison and all but ensuring she would die there. But Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, citing what he called Ms. Clark’s long sentence and “exceptional strides in self-development” commuted her sentence :!: :hair: :cuss:
bjmdds

Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; The Crimson Pirate;Elvis Presley films

Postby bjmdds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Cuomo’s best friend, who has also been one of his closest political advisers, was arrested on charges related to what is allegedly a seedy corruption scheme that took place right under the governor’s nose. Percoco was on the take, according to the federal criminal complaint filed by Preet Bharara, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. (Through a lawyer, Percoco denied the charges.) In a way, the scheme seems remarkably simple. In 2012, Percoco and his wife, Lisa Toscano-Percoco, a schoolteacher, bought a home in Westchester for eight hundred thousand dollars, which they could not afford on their salaries. So Percoco, according to the complaint, accepted three hundred and fifteen thousand dollars in bribes, mostly laundered through little-work jobs for his wife, from businesses that were seeking state government contracts. This would all be bad enough for the governor—a betrayal of public trust by an intimate adviser. But the story for Cuomo may be considerably worse. The charges suggest that one of his signature initiatives—the Buffalo Billion project, a plan to revitalize that troubled city—is beset by corruption and self-dealing.
bjmdds

Postby bjmdds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:39 pm

Mr. Cuomo created the panel, the Commission to Investigate Public Corruption, with great fanfare and a broad mandate to restore public trust in government. But watchdog groups raised concerns about the panel’s credibility after reports about interference by the governor’s office, which leaned on the commission to limit the scope of its investigations, influence which subpoenas it would issue, and in some cases, stop the commission from issuing subpoenas to groups with ties to Mr. Cuomo. On March 29, 2014, Mr. Cuomo announced that as part of budget negotiations between his office and the Legislature, the panel, more commonly known as the Moreland Commission, was being disbanded.
bjmdds

Return to Politics