POLL: What to do with DC Bond films when DC himself retires?

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan

What should we do with DC Bonds when the traditional Bond actor returns (with Babs as producer)?

Do nothing
67%
Buy and destroy them
33%

Total votes: 9

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

POLL: What to do with DC Bond films when DC himself retires?

Post by FormerBondFan »

Unless you're Sweenster, Nash, Stocks or some other minion, no one here should pick the first option.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Re: POLL: What to do with DC Bond films when DC himself reti

Post by Barry Niven »

FormerBondFan wrote:Unless you're Sweenster, Nash, Stocks or some other minion, no one here should pick the first option.
And that's exactly why I voted what I did: Do Nothing.
Because it's actually a sensible option when it applies to Not Caring and to Just Walk Away. For REAL, rather than just saying it 20 times per week ad infinitum like a pathological need for attention that's really quite .. disturbing.
Because I am an individual with my own valid opinions and beliefs, and if that means they don't conform with exactly what YOU think, then I guess I AM a "minion" according to your vain assumptions (awww... Too bad).
Because I don't give a $#!+. That's why I've never had an ulcer, because I know when to say "I don't give a $#!+."
Because YOU don't approve.
And because I just don't like you.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

"Sweenster, Nash, Stocks" those are names from the past!

I'd buy all the Craig films plus the mastertapes and blast them into space.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Barry Niven wrote:Because I am an individual with my own valid opinions and beliefs, and if that means they don't conform with exactly what YOU think, then I guess I AM a "minion" according to your vain assumptions (awww... Too bad).
You REALLY ARE a minion even long before I posted this poll. Why? You're the type who just admit DEFEAT and allow this DC Virus to walk among us.

I gave up James Bond long ago, and it's time for us to accept that he's not for us anymore. Aidan Turner may be an ideal choice as he's the traditional type, but really I wouldn't want him to get mix with Babs' corrupted regime based on her poor treatment of Pierce (whom you didn't care any less but hey it's your choice). If you decide to support and trust Babs The B1tch again, you might as well add Craig Bonds into your collection.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I suppose I have a bit of a sadomasochistic streak as I'm going to wade in to this.

I know this is just a gag, at least I hope it is, but I voted do nothing, for some very obvious reasons.

First if you don't already own any Craig swag yet, and you shouldn't, why would you go out and buy it so you could destroy it? You'd be better off taking your cash out to the yard and lighting it on fire, cutting out the middle man, which brings up the second point.

You'd only be lining Babzy's pockets by doing so, whether your taking your newly purchased memento home to add to your Craig shrine or flush down the toilet makes no difference to her it's still money in her pocket!

And finally if we could buy up "all" the Craig swag, they'd just make more! On top of which, selling the stores out of Craig stuff would only make him the highest selling Bond of all time!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Babs will still be making money off of DC Bonds for many years to come. Skyfall made sh1t load of money at the box office though Spectre took a beating. If that's the case, we'll give her money to just to humiliate the b1tch.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can't see the poll options on my phone, but I was thinking the same thing about buying Craig merchandise just to destroy it. Do you think Sony and EON care what you do with your Skyfall DVDs once you've bought them? They get the same amount of money either way.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:I can't see the poll options on my phone, but I was thinking the same thing about buying Craig merchandise just to destroy it. Do you think Sony and EON care what you do with your Skyfall DVDs once you've bought them? They get the same amount of money either way.
The destroying part is just humiliate the b1tch. Besides, it's would be like Disco Demolition Night.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: The destroying part is just humiliate the b1tch.
If I wanted to humiliate someone, I wouldn't do it by giving them loads of my money.
FormerBondFan wrote: Besides, it's would be like Disco Demolition Night.
And? Is that supposed to mean something to me? I mean, I'm vaguely aware of it as something that happened when I was 11, but it's hardly a cultural milestone for me. Looking on Wikipedia, it seems to be regarded as a spectacular failure, so I'm not sure why replicating it is supposed to be a good idea.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:"Sweenster, Nash, Stocks" those are names from the past!

I'd buy all the Craig films plus the mastertapes and blast them into space.
and land us in an intergalactic war.. Thanks for that
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I can't see the poll options on my phone, but I was thinking the same thing about buying Craig merchandise just to destroy it. Do you think Sony and EON care what you do with your Skyfall DVDs once you've bought them? They get the same amount of money either way.
I can't see the poll either .
I assume its something batshit crazy, or batshit brilliant either way bat guano is involved ;)

I knew some who hated dalton and microwaved the discs. They were Chinese knock offs , actually there were decent quality region free . When are the Chinese going to mast bootleg blurays ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I looked at it last night on my PC. The options were to buy a load of merchandise in order to destroy it, or to do nothing.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

I would push they be sold a separate set outside the normal Bond cannon. However you could get you hand on the masters :twisted:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

I think I'm staying out of this one, so I'll just say you could always buy second hand Craig stuff to do it.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I think FBF is really Chris Morris.
derekpayne
Lieutenant

Post by derekpayne »

Hopefully Babs will retire with him, so some proper Bond producers can get involved and release the new film, Bond 21.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

derekpayne wrote:Hopefully Babs will retire with him, so some proper Bond producers can get involved and release the new film, Bond 21.
That'd be nice, but I think there's about as much chance of it happening as there is of Vermin Supreme becoming president.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:
derekpayne wrote:Hopefully Babs will retire with him, so some proper Bond producers can get involved and release the new film, Bond 21.
That'd be nice, but I think there's about as much chance of it happening as there is of Vermin Supreme becoming president.
Vermin Supreme is that Trump?
It would be nice if she would quietly retire letting her nephews take over, we were told around 2012 they wanted to hire a new Bond and take Bond a new direction for a new decade. They've been slowing introducing MGW's kids to the public and media but don't seem ready to put them up as the new faces of EON like Cubby did with Babs and MGW.
Unfortunately our dear friend Babs seems to have her hooks deeply in the series, they like to talk about what a control freak she is and how afraid the minions are of her. I don't think she'll give up control anytime in the near future.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's strange: she clearly doesn't like Bond films and gives the impression that she'd much rather be producing serious dramas, either on stage or screen. But she doesn't seem to want to give Bond to anyone else either.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:It's strange: she clearly doesn't like Bond films and gives the impression that she'd much rather be producing serious dramas, either on stage or screen. But she doesn't seem to want to give Bond to anyone else either.

She can't let go for various reasons:

If she did she would no longer be "anybody" in Hollywood, as it stands she's "Babzy Broccoli iron willed woman, master of EON, dragging chauvinistic James Bond kicking and screaming in to the 21st century".

Without that she's just "Barbara, hack producer whom turns everything she touches to crap, unless that something already had a rabid fan base, serious name recognition, and a multibillion dollar revenue stream.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image