BOND #7

Discussion Of Possible Bond Actors
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: BOND #7

Post by ml94 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:Wait, did you just compare Dalton to Craig?

That's like comparing Bond to..... to Bourne. The Dalton films included the Bond formula, just in a different way. They didn't throw out 'the [s]baby[/s] Bond and the bathwater'.
:up: :up:
tbp82
Commander

Could Bond #7 be on standby

Post by tbp82 »

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... g-20151130

Don't know how legit this is but, if this is true that they are filming the next Bond in the spring and "hope" to continue with Craig what if Craig doesn't continue? Wouldn't they already have to have someone near ready to go in case Craig doesn't do it? If so who would be available that soon?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: Could Bond #7 be on standby

Post by Blowfeld »

tbp82 wrote:http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... g-20151130

Don't know how legit this is but, if this is true that they are filming the next Bond in the spring and "hope" to continue with Craig what if Craig doesn't continue? Wouldn't they already have to have someone near ready to go in case Craig doesn't do it? If so who would be available that soon?
Welcome! :cheers:

We have talked about this before honestly I don't really understand it the ins and outs of it.
Canada is the home of national healthcare, maple syrup, politeness, Tim Horton's, and in what should be a rather interesting development, the expiration of the copyright on James Bond. io9 does a good job of breaking down how this came to be, but what it essentially means is that anyone, within Canadian borders, can reproduce and sell Ian Fleming's works, write new James Bond stories, or readapt what has already been published. And a couple of directors are thinking about the latter option.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Hypothetically if Craig is out and they film in the spring. Who would you guess would be most likely the next Bond? Gotta believe the bigger names Cavill, Fassenbender, Elba would be out in that case. Who are a few lesser knows who might be ready to go in the spring?
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

tbp82 wrote:Hypothetically if Craig is out and they film in the spring. Who would you guess would be most likely the next Bond? Gotta believe the bigger names Cavill, Fassenbender, Elba would be out in that case. Who are a few lesser knows who might be ready to go in the spring?
Rupert Friend. :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Friend would be a great choice. Julian Mcmahon (nip/tuck) was one of my favorites to be Bond before Craig was cast. Friend bears a resemblance to Mcmahon in a way. Looks a lot like Orlando Bloom as well. What about Aiden Turner?
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

tbp82 wrote:Friend would be a great choice. Julian Mcmahon (nip/tuck) was one of my favorites to be Bond before Craig was cast. Friend bears a resemblance to Mcmahon in a way. Looks a lot like Orlando Bloom as well. What about Aiden Turner?
Turner is great choice aswell...
Last edited by ml94 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

BOND #7 is born early/mid 80s. :007:
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

ml94 wrote:
tbp82 wrote:Friend would be a great choice. Julian Mcmahon (nip/tuck) was one of my favorites to be Bond before Craig was cast. Friend bears a resemblance to Mcmahon in a way. Looks a lot like Orlando Bloom as well. What about Aiden Turner?
Turner is great choice as well...
Turn looks like Adrian Paul and people think Adrian Paul looks like Sean Connery so I think Turner got the looks part down.
TROLLY
Lieutenant

BOND #7

Post by TROLLY »

tbp82 wrote:http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... g-20151130

Another simpleton....

Has it not occurred to you, that when Barbara Broccoli said "In spring we start again,” it meant - development of the next Bond film begins in Spring.

I can see that you are completely clueless, as to what work goes into making an action adventure blockbuster; which is what a James Bond film is.

Rather like any other movie, there is 4 different stages of the entire process. I'll break it down for you.

First of all; they need to create a story (script), which will get re-written as many times, as needs be. Then comes the screenplay, which also, gets re-written, as many times, as needs be. This is called 'development'.

After that, it goes into 'pre-production'; casting, locations, production design etc.

When all that is finished; the cameras start rolling. This is called 'production'.

Once that is completed, it's 'post production'. Which is editing, sound mixing, music. Whilst all that is going on, a teaser trailer is made. The marketing stage begins....And finally, the film is released.

I'm not sure, whether or not, you have the intellectual ability to absorb all that information. If you don't, then take a look at the gaps taken in between all the Bond films released from 1999, through to the present day. You'll notice that the average gap is in fact - 3 years.

To conclude all that, you can most likely expect to see Bond 25 at the end of 2018. With Daniel Craig starring, yet again, no doubt.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

The article states "wants to continue with Craig" I took that to mean they could continue without Craig meaning a new Bond would have to be in mind regardless of when we get the next movie.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

tbp82 wrote:The article states "wants to continue with Craig" I took that to mean they could continue without Craig meaning a new Bond would have to be in mind regardless of when we get the next movie.
EON always have "bond shortlist"…
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Wonder what EON's current shortlist would look like for Bond. Eliminating some of the rumored names based on being attached to other huge franchises or to old I think it could look something like this

Rupert Friend
Aiden Turner
Alex O'Loughlin
Sam Worthington-I know he has Avatar but not much else.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

tbp82 wrote:Wonder what EON's current shortlist would look like for Bond. Eliminating some of the rumored names based on being attached to other huge franchises or to old I think it could look something like this

Rupert Friend
Aiden Turner
Alex O'Loughlin
Sam Worthington-I know he has Avatar but not much else.
O'loughlin & worthington, they both are 39 already...
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

My shortlist.

Rupert Friend
Aidan Turner
Dan Stevens
Tom Cullen
Sam Riley

:007:
Last edited by ml94 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

I would love to see EONs shortlist.
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

ml94 wrote:I would love to see EONs shortlist.
Of the names we've mentioned I think Rupert Friend would be on it for sure because history shows that those considered for the role in the past usually stay on the radar for a while.

I think age isn't gonna be as much of a factor to EON as it is to us fans so I'd add Elba, O'Loughlin, Worthington, and Damien Lewis to the list.

There was a rumuor albeit small (since been reported it was false) that Aiden Turner had actually meet with some people over the role and it wouldn't shock me if some kinda conversation had taken place between someone from his camp and Sony/EON

Id guess
Elba
O'Loughlin
Worthington
Lewis
Friend
Turner

What do you think?
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Lewis & elba, they both are TOO old.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

FRIEND & TURNER are in the list, thats for sure. :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My short list would be more like a long list. There are a lot of good candidates out there, even among the people I've actually heard of. I've started seeing some internet chatter about Luke Evans, who played Bard the Bowman in the Hobbit trilogy. That would make him at least the third Hobbit cast member to be talked about as a potential Bond, along with Aidan Turner and Richard Armitage (though at 44, Armitage might be a bit too old by now).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig