President Trump?

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Re: President Trump?

Postby bjmdds » Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 pm

North Korea released three American prisoners and handed them over to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday, clearing a major obstacle to an unprecedented summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The men, who were freed after Pompeo met Kim, were on the way home from Pyongyang on the chief U.S. diplomat’s plane. The president planned to greet them when they land at Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington at around 2 a.m. EDT Thursday morning. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: It's all Trump :!: They will maintain the House of Reps and will add seats in the Senate :!: :!: :!: Book it :!: Nobodoy Does It Better :!: Oh-bama was a rancid waste of ineptitude and corruption :!: Results :!:
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby bjmdds » Wed May 09, 2018 7:52 pm

CNN poll: Democrats' 2018 advantage is nearly gone :!: :ROFL:
The generic congressional ballot has continued to tighten, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS, with the Democrats' edge over Republicans within the poll's margin of sampling error for the first time this cycle. About six months out from Election Day, 47% of registered voters say they back the Democratic candidate in their district, 44% back the Republican. Voters also are divided almost evenly over whether the country would be better off with the Democrats in control of Congress (31%) or with the GOP in charge (30%). Here is the link, for those who like 'netiquette.': https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAx1WuO
bjmdds

Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby bjmdds » Thu May 10, 2018 3:32 am

bjmdds

Postby Omega » Thu May 10, 2018 10:50 am

How? they are opting out of sending information to the feds

I agree there are actually a lot of parts of California that do not agree with the very far left who run the state its just on state wide initiatives the population centers carry the day, just like in Colorado where Denver and other cities decide the policies for ranchers in rural areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Postby bjmdds » Mon May 14, 2018 4:38 pm

NY Times David Brooks, a never Trumper now gets it :!: ------'There is growing reason to believe that Donald Trump understands the thug mind a whole lot better than the people who attended our prestigious Foreign Service academies.

The first piece of evidence is North Korea. When Trump was trading crude, back-alley swipes with “Little Rocket Man,” Kim Jong-un, about whose nuclear button was bigger, it sounded as if we were heading for a nuclear holocaust led by a pair of overgrown prepubescents.

In fact, Trump’s bellicosity seems to have worked. It’s impossible to know how things will pan out, but the situation with North Korea today is a lot better than it was six months ago. Hostages are being released, talks are being held. There seems to be a chance for progress unfelt in years.' :Happy:
bjmdds

Postby bjmdds » Mon May 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown, a staunch Democrat, also now gets it :!: ----'Like it or not, a significant number of Americans are actually happy these days. They are making money. They feel safe, and they agree with with the president’s protectionist trade policies, his call for more American jobs, even his immigration stance.

The jobs growth reports, the North Korea summit and the steady economy are beating out the Stormy Daniels scandal and the Robert Mueller investigation in Middle America, hands down.

Rather than stoking the base by attacking Trump, Democrats need to come up with a platform that addresses the average voters’ hopes and concerns. Not just the needs of underdogs or whatever cause happens to be the media flavor of the week.

Democrats need to look like the adults, not like another pack of screaming kids on the playground.' :ROFL:
bjmdds

Postby bjmdds » Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 pm

The top Democrat on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Senator Mark Warner, acknowledged in a recent interview that contacts between Trump campaign associates and Russians could be “a set of coincidences” rather than collusion :!: Tell cream puff Ale this :!: Trump is proving how inept and corrupt the US Congress was in governing :!:
bjmdds

Previous

Return to Politics