US Presidential Election 2016

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Your Choice For President of the United States

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Donald J Trump
67%
Hillary R Clinton (Democrat)
No votes
Jill Stein (Green)
No votes
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
17%
Write in candidate: Jeb Bush, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Joe Biden, Marco Rubio, Elizabeth Warren
No votes
None of the above
17%

Total votes: 6

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Post by bjmdds »

According to the Pew Research Center’s latest numbers, in 2014, 275,000 anchor babies were born in the United States — enough to fill Orlando, Florida.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FBI reopened the case! :shock:
If the don't indict somebody this time it's going to look very bad, already looks bad really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Anthony Weiner was SEXTING on line with a 15 year old girl using his wife's Huma's computer that she used to email SHRILL-ary :!: Some way for any Secretary of Sate to keep governmental business private :!: Comey will again probably say he found nothing as the Democrats get ready to release some new BS tape of something Trump said 35 years ago. Wikileaks claims next week Hillary will get slammed even more with what they plan to release on her :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump has plummeted to just a 2-point margin, according to a new national poll out Saturday conducted even before the FBI director said in a letter to Congress that new evidence had been discovered concerning Clinton’s improper use of a personal email server while secretary of state.
The ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll, which consists of four nights of interviews conducted Monday through Thursday, shows Clinton leading Trump, 47 percent to 45 percent. That’s down from Clinton’s commanding, 12-point lead, 50 percent to 38 percent, in the initial four-night rolling average, which was conducted last Thursday through Sunday. Over that time, Trump has gained 7 percentage points, while Clinton has slipped by a smaller, not-statistically-significant 3-point margin.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Wall Street Journal has confirmed in a bombshell report that the justice department has been trying to impede the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation from the very beginning! http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=45978
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Chatter is growing louder on Capitol Hill that Paul Ryan's days as Speaker are numbered.
Four House Republicans, including a senior lawmaker close to leadership, told The Hill they expect Ryan to step down after Tuesday's election, arguing that he faces a daunting path to the 218 votes he needs to win a full two-year term leading the House GOP.

Aides to the Wisconsin Republican insist he isn't going anywhere and say he's completely focused right now on protecting the GOP's historic majority in the lower chamber.

"The Speaker's only focus until Election Day is defeating Democrats and protecting our majority, and nothing else," said Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong.But even some Ryan allies are conceding that the Speaker now finds himself in an untenable position after just a year on the job.

It's not just the usual Freedom Caucus troublemakers who are pushing for change at the top; some more mainstream Republicans from safe GOP districts could pull their support over Ryan's handling of GOP nominee Donald Trump, lawmakers said.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

When James Comey decided not to indict Hillary Clinton, the whole American public was shocked. Everyone expected him to charge Hillary. However, now we know the real reason why Comey didn't charge Hillary. His personal and professional relationships - all undisclosed as he announced the Bureau would not prosecute Clinton - reinforce bipartisan concerns that he may have politicized the criminal probe. These concerns focus on millions of dollars that Comey accepted from a Clinton Foundation defense contractor, Comey's former membership on a Clinton Foundation corporate partner's board, and his surprising financial relationship with his brother Peter Comey, who works at the law firm that does the Clinton Foundation's taxes. Comey earned $6 million in one year alone from Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin became a Clinton Foundation donor that very year. According to records, Lockheed Martin is also a member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt, which paid Bill Clinton $250,000 to deliver a speech in 2010. In 2010, Lockheed Martin won 17 approvals for private contracts from the Hillary Clinton State Department. In 2013, Comey became a board member, a director, and a Financial System Vulnerabilities Committee member of the London bank HSBC Holdings. When a source called the Chinatown offices of D.C. law firm DLA Piper and asked for "Peter Comey," a receptionist immediately put him through to Comey's direct line. But Peter Comey is not featured on the DLA Piper website. Peter Comey serves as "Senior Director of Real Estate Operations for the Americas" for DLA Piper. James Comey was not questioned about his relationship with Peter Comey in his confirmation hearing. DLA Piper is the firm that performed the independent audit of the Clinton Foundation in November during Clinton-World's first big push to put the email scandal behind them. DLA Piper's employees taken as a whole represent a major Hillary Clinton 2016 campaign donation bloc and Clinton Foundation donation base. DLA Piper ranks #5 on Hillary Clinton's all-time career Top Contributors list, just ahead of Goldman Sachs. And here is another thing: Peter Comey has a mortgage on his house that is owned by his brother James Comey, the FBI director. Trickle-down corruption. When President Obama nominated Comey to become FBI director in 2013, Comey promised the United States Senate that he would recuse himself on all cases involving former employers. He lied. He has in fact politicized the FBI- that is supposed to support the Rule of Law.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

With one day to go, Donald Trump extended his lead over Hillary Clinton, 43% to 41%, according to the latest IBD/TIPP presidential tracking poll. That comes after a third bombshell from FBI Director James Comey, who announced Sunday he would not indict Clinton for her email scandal.

Trump's two-point lead now matches his largest so far during the 20 days of polling!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: The unrounded poll numbers give Trump a 2.4 percentage point advantage over Clinton in the four-way race, 43.1% to 40.7%. Trump and Clinton had essentially been deadlocked for four days through Friday, but Trump moved into the lead Saturday and widened it on Sunday on a steady drumbeat of news surrounding Hillary Clinton's emails. Among demographic groups, Trump holds a commanding lead among men, getting 47% to Hillary's 38%, a 9-point difference. And he has made up ground with women, moving from a deficit in the double-digits to just 3 points down in the latest poll, 43% for Clinton and 40% for Trump. :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DNC staffers prepared CNN anchors Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper for interviews with Trump, new batch of 8,000 WikiLeaks emails reveals
Batch of 8,263 DNC emails were released by Wikileaks late Sunday night
One email discusses how CNN inquired with the DNC about questions to ask during interviews with Ted Cruz and Trump for Wolf Blitzer
An email dated April 28 entitled 'Cruz on CNN' reads 'CNN is looking for questions. Please send some topical/interesting ones'
Another email asks if DNC staffers 'want to offer Jake Tapper questions to ask us' during another interview on the network
Separate DNC email chain found appears to show Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank asked the DNC for help with research for a column
The column he wrote was about Trump and featured a list of things the presidential candidate said that he deemed as 'outrageous'
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I hear that early voting favours Clinton. Personally, I don't think this information should be made public while it could still influence the result. I don't wish to pretend that our elections are immune from fraud and corruption, but I do believe that every effort is made to keep them as fair and above board as possible. I never cease to be amazed at the things that are allowed in American elections, and the media's coverage of them.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The whole polling system is too much, every day it's a new poll with a team to tell you what it means. A political professor I had didn't like polling he thought it was modern age reading tea leaves, only influential because we want to believe it is.

But I still believe this race is close despite all the interference run to keep trump out. He has the most Brutal smear campaigns led against him, the republican part openly sabotaging him.
I don't know how he is still standing and close.

If he wins Michael Moore is right, the biggest f-u to the establishment in history.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Talking about trying to influence votes by reporting, remember how Bernie Sanders was going up for a possible up set in California, the days before the vote suddenly the new media was reporting she already had the delegates and it's over.

Florida had the results called wrong while voting was still on going in 2000. Story I just read is the democrats are half a point ahead in Fl in early voting but nobody knows who the early voting from independents favors.
I think it's a toss up with the establishment trying to weigh to scales in Hillary's favor .

If there is a real movement of people across the board ready to vote for the first time in decades trump has a chance. Kind of our Brexit.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Two professors that have been predicting the Presidential elections since 1988 and 1996 correctly have BOTH said Trump should win this and the most accurate poll the past 3 cycles, the IBD poll, has Trump now up 2.4 points over the witch. I do NOT believe ANY poll coming from the corrupt CNN, ABC, CBS or NBC bureaus. In one day we will find out just how deliberately off base the media polls were or weren't and then we will know the true corruption that Trump had to conquer.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

In 2008, you were telling us that Rasmussen, coincidentally the only pollster who had Romney consistently ahead, was the most accurate poll. I think the Trump vote will be higher than anticipated, due to the "shame factor", but I don't think he's going to win. I could be wrong, though.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Looking state by state it looks close. But 40% have already voted. I just have no ideas. I think the trump vote will be higher and he might win some close states, if there is a bunch of democrats, independents and people who usually don't vote supporting trump he'll win. So far I haven't seen proof they exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has granted voting rights to as many as 60,000 convicted felons just in time for them to register to vote, nearly five times more than previously reported and enough to win the state for his long-time friend, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton :!: :cuss: :cuss:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has granted voting rights to as many as 60,000 convicted felons just in time for them to register to vote, nearly five times more than previously reported and enough to win the state for his long-time friend, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton :!: :cuss: :cuss:
How old is this story? Seems a bit last-minute if it's recent.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I thought he got in trouble for it. Any way does anybody really think felon can that much about voting? A few but certainly not 60k