US Presidential Election 2016

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Your Choice For President of the United States

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Donald J Trump
67%
Hillary R Clinton (Democrat)
No votes
Jill Stein (Green)
No votes
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
17%
Write in candidate: Jeb Bush, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Joe Biden, Marco Rubio, Elizabeth Warren
No votes
None of the above
17%

Total votes: 6

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:This article lays it out very clearly: http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/14/stu ... lary-2016/
It's too stupid to work. Part of the nevertrump crap. Throw the election to the house of reprehensibles and the American people will be cool with it. Riiiight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Washington Post: there's real reason for GOP optimism that Trump won't ruin their year completely.

For one, the so-called generic ballot -- i.e., whether people prefer a generic Democrat for Congress or a generic Republican -- still only favors Democrats by a small margin: 3 points in both the Post-ABC poll and NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll, among likely voters. That same Democratic edge on the generic ballot is actually down from 6 points in last week's NBC-WSJ poll.

Put plainly, these generic ballots are unremarkable and don't suggest a big Democratic wave ahead.

Part of the reason Trump's woes might not have filtered downballot could be that a strong majority of people don't really associate Republicans with their party's presidential nominee. And many people also appear to dislike Clinton enough that they like the idea of a Congress that could keep her in check. And the NBC-WSJ poll might be even more encouraging for Republicans, because it suggests a path forward for them. The poll asked whether registered voters would be more likely to support a congressional Republican who would be a check and balance on Clinton and Democrats, and 53 percent said they would. Just 40 percent preferred a congressional Democrat who would help Clinton pass her agenda.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I still think the race is 50/50, just because trump is ahead or close is so many battle ground states.

Btw the trump allegations IMO trump would admit it if he felt up a woman on a plane, probably has a rating scale just for the occasion. But I don't believe these women just because they are happy celebrity whores, like trumps "friends" at NBC.

The rigged election claims, he's right the establishment is try to force a narrative to suppress and influence votes, we know the democrats and republicans worked hard to cheat voters and get rid of sanders and trump .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary is a dirty witch that will ruin the country even more :!: Billy boy is chomping at his bit to get some NEW 21 year old intern 'broken in' in the Oral Office :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ok the Wikileaks situation has officially gotten weird.
First they flinch on the 10 year anniversary, doing and announcement in Germany instead of the Embassy. Now they say Assange is temporally off line, did they arrest him? did they cut off internet to the embassy?
But they are surprised the leaks keep coming.
What I wonder is why are they doing all this now? For 10 years they essentially ignore Wikileaks
but I guess they don't know what secrets they have on obama or Clinton and the global community doesn't want trump to win by accident .
Not going to "allow" another Brexit

Thing is if anyone pays attention there is enough already out to prove what a crook Hillary is. Bernie sanders had everything he said about her vindicated, even that the democrats were rigging the elections for hillary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dead even. With nearly one-in-10 voters still looking beyond the top four candidates or undecided and less than three weeks to go until Election Day.

Today’s Rasmussen Reports White House Watch telephone and online survey shows Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump each picking up 42% support among Likely U.S. Voters. Seven percent (7%) still prefer Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, while one percent (1%) opt for Green Party nominee Jill Stein. But three percent (3%) like some other candidate in the race, and six percent (6%) are undecided.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

My dad answered a telephone poll for the first time in my lifetime for sure. It was automated so he felt better about answering it, said he was independent, he's registered as republican and I've been the black sheep because I didn't want to support the GOP. Any way he answered their questions about senate and presidential choices, and which way he leans. If trump doesn't win he's officially changing his party affiliation :shock:
He's fed up with the weak kneed republicans who can't fight worth a d**n. They have fought harder against trump than any democrats Since the civil war.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

'Tomorrow it could be us': Marco Rubio warns Republicans not to take advantage of Wikileaks :!: :shock: :shock: :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:'Tomorrow it could be us': Marco Rubio warns Republicans not to take advantage of Wikileaks :!: :shock: :shock: :shock:
again this is why the republicans suck.

These leaks are minor but show corruption and collusion with the media covering politicians.

50 years ago these kind of manipulation of press and corruption wouldn't be possible technology makes it possible for politicians, government, and media to work in unison.
But thanks to technology we have a way of making our leaders transparent despite their best attempts to hide it.

What pisses me off is government surveillance recodes details like this about us, our own government and others do this all day everyday. The moment our leaders are embarrassed we shouldn't look (just like Sony told us not to). Except in the case of our leaders we have every right to know if they are corrupt and they will not lift one finger to protect or give us digital privacy rights. It's ok if governments and corporations data mine us and potentially use it against us but we have no right to know who is crooked in public service. Just pisses me!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Of course Rasmussen is the one polling outfit that consistently had Romney ahead in 2012, and we all know how that turned out. But I can't help thinking of Brexit, and how the polls had Remain narrowly ahead. Given the way that the Washington establishment and the court press has presented Trump as being beyond the pale, there is motivation for people who are planning to vote for Trump to keep quiet about it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I know of a couple who are voting trump, we'll say they are. They work in a bigger city where they could never admit for fear of it affecting their jobs or how their city friends would react.
Hell if in pushed for a opinion in a social situation I'm not sure of I'll deflect and say both candidates are deplorable and I never defend trump anywhere, but I want him to win for a lot of reasons.

So yeah I agree the arbiters of society have made it clearer trump is unacceptable and any who don't agree are to be shunned. So all of us who know how to read the social winds know better than to argue against the machine but doesn't mean we will go along. In a way the one sided coverage has poisoned the polls , my dad only responded to a poll for the first time in his life because it was automated and he felt anonymous.

IMO Two things they did wrong, one was not cover the race more balanced, treating everyone in America like a child watching sesame street. "We define evils and you will not support evil, not supporting the government is evil, trump is evil, there is no other view! Obey!"
the few admitted progressive liberals I know admit the news coverage is biased.

Second maybe biggest mistake is giving trump the outside title he wanted, he said it's us vs them, we the people vs the elite. Damned if they didn't jump for it not realizing they cemented him in a good place for a political outside and all their coordinated attacks help build up is defenses.

When the Wikileaks hit for this election campaign it's going to be shocking how blatant the corruption of the elite and media was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After more than a week of blistering attacks from Democrats, celebrities and the press, Donald Trump has managed to pull ahead of Hillary Clinton by a 1.3 percentage point margin — 41.3% to 40% — in a four-way matchup, according to the new IBD/TIPP poll released today. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson got 7.6% and Green Party candidate Jill Stein got 5.5%. The results are the first in the IBD/TIPP presidential tracking poll. Daily updates start Thursday and will continue until the election. The poll also found that in a two-way matchup, Clinton is up by 3 points — 43.6% to 40.6% — which represents a slight gain from September, when Clinton was ahead 44% to 43%. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson got 7.6% and Green Party candidate Jill Stein got 5.5%. "From the results, it looks as if Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are drawing more support away from Clinton than Trump," said Ragavan Mayur, president of TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, which conducts the poll. These results are far closer than the Real Clear Politics average, which currently has Clinton up 6.2 points in the four-way poll and by 6.6 points in a two-way matchup. What's more, Trump scores higher on voter intensity, with 67% of his backers saying they strongly support him, compared with 58% of Clinton supporters who say they strongly back their candidate.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Donald Trump held onto a 1-point, 41%-40% lead over Hillary Clinton as the IBD/TIPP presidential tracking poll showed little impact on either candidate after their third and final presidential debate Wednesday night. Libertarian Gary Johnson ticked up 1 point to 8%, while the Green Party's Jill Stein dropped a point to 4%. One key fact that has shown up in the three days of IBD/TIPP polling is that Trump holds a substantial 42% to 31% advantage over Clinton among Independent voters. Independents, who in general tend to be socially liberal but fiscally conservative, now make up about 34% of the electorate, IBD/TIPP data show. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wednesday's lively presidential debate featured a comment by Donald Trump to a question from Fox News moderator Chris Wallace, who asked whether Trump would respect the results of the Nov. 8 election if he feels the vote was fraudulent or "rigged."

"I'll look at it at the time," Trump said. He added, "I'll keep you in suspense."

Hillary called Trump's words "terrifying."

Yet, despite a media and political uproar over Trump's comments -- The New York Times' piece Thursday ran under the headline "Donald Trump Vs. American Democracy," while the Huffington Post's shouted "Trump's Shocking Answer On Respecting Election Results Is The Only Debate Moment That Matters" -- voters didn't appear to agree. The IBD/TIPP poll showed little if any erosion in Trump's support.

Nor did the IBD/TIPP results change much as a result of the clash of views between Trump and Clinton on a range of topics, including economic policy, immigration, guns, abortion, Syria, the Supreme Court, entitlements and even Russian hackers.

Nor were poll respondents moved by the personal barbs thrown by the two major-party candidates. At one point, Clinton called Trump a "puppet" of Russian President Vladimir Putin and suggested a Trump connection to the WikiLeaks release of Clinton's emails. Trump countered by labeling Clinton a "nasty woman." :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

And in a two-way race, the LA Times/USC tracking poll found him up 45% to 44% over the former secretary of state.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Donald Trump gained on Hillary Clinton among American voters this week, cutting her lead nearly in half despite a string of women accusing him of unwanted sexual advances and the furor over his disputed claims that the election process is rigged, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday. Clinton, the Democratic former secretary of state, led Trump 44 percent to 40 percent, according to the Oct. 14-20 poll, a 4-point lead, with the Nov. 8 election fast approaching. That compared with 44 percent for Clinton and 37 percent for Trump in the Oct. 7-13 poll released last week.