US Presidential Election 2016

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Your Choice For President of the United States

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Donald J Trump
67%
Hillary R Clinton (Democrat)
No votes
Jill Stein (Green)
No votes
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
17%
Write in candidate: Jeb Bush, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Joe Biden, Marco Rubio, Elizabeth Warren
No votes
None of the above
17%

Total votes: 6

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

US Presidential Election 2016

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:These are just online instapolls, which are notoriously unreliable. I think it will be a few days before the effects of the debate show up in the "real" polls.

The online poll surprise me, and real polls may be different, but the reaction out there to trump really surprises me. Two things stands out 1st Clinton was selling the same ideas she has for 20 years and it didn't impress. 2nd people who never heard trump speak in his own words, not interpreted by the pundits, were surprised when the devil didn't show up as the media promised he was.
Even if Clinton won on points IMO trump might have won the night.

Strange comparisons to Reagan, I never knew people thought he'd fail in his debate with Carter. The way they describe Reagan is so similar to trump. I've always heard of him as a great communicator, even obama was praising Reagan and of course comparing himself to the late president.

But far as the average voter is concerned trump seemed presidential, mostly because he was painted as evil. I think republicans made the same mistake With Obama, in 2008 on the debate stage was a guy most people wanted to like, I think it's the same today even though many are upset with his policies. Obviously people are upset or else sanders and trump never make it to the finales .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Post by bjmdds »

Michael Moore appeared frustrated on Twitter following the presidential debate, saying Trump “won,” and “we all lost.”
The 62-year-old film maker warned “pro-Hillary gloaters” against celebrating over how Hillary Clinton did in the debate against the Republican presidential nominee and insisted nothing she did changed things.
“Pro-Hillary gloaters doing end-zone dance again when still on 50-yd line,” Moore tweeted. “You must get it in your head Trump is gonna win and act accordingly!”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Talking with some friends about the debate, there was something weird about hillarys grin in the last half. We think she did that weird joker grin in a primary debate too, I'm trying to remember if it was the on where she had a "bathroom" break .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In a staggering moment of honesty caught on tape, former President Bill Clinton admits to a group of voters in Michigan that Obamacare is a complete disaster and is wreaking havoc on the middle-class and "small-business people." Per the video published by the NY Post, Clinton says that Obamacare is fine for those who are eligible for subsidies but admits that that hardworking "people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half and it’s the craziest thing in the world."

“You’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care, and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half and it’s the craziest thing in the world.

On the other hand, the current system works fine if you’re eligible for Medicaid, if you’re a lower-income working person. If you’re already on Medicare or if you get enough subsidies on a modest income that you can afford your health care.

But the people getting killed in this deal are the small-business people and individuals who make just a little bit too much to get any of these subsidies."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Raddatz has received her fair share of accusations of bias. One of those came when it was discovered that Raddatz had Barack Obama at her wedding in 1991. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Time magazine’s parent company is a top donor to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign — a factor that may help explain the publication’s obsession with blaming Russian president Vladimir Putin for “rigging” the U.S. presidential election.

This year, alone, Time Inc., the organization behind Time — one of the most prestigious American weekly news magazines in history — donated nearly $15,000 to the Clinton campaign. A second organization, Time Warner, which was deeply tied to Time until 2014, is also a major Clinton fan. The company gave her campaign $327,308 in individual contributions in 2016, alone.

But perhaps most telling of the organization’s preferences is the presence of Nancy Gibbs as Time’s managing editor. At the tender age of 53, she “shattered a glass ceiling” by taking over for Richard Stengel, who in 2013 “[stepped] down from his news magazine job to join the Obama administration at the Department of State,” Politico reported.

Gibbs is a competent writer, whose impressive resume includes writing for Time for 28 years. This makes her “one of the most published writers in the history of the magazine, having been an essayist and lead writer on virtually every major news event of the past two decades,” according to Magazine.org.

But Time’s praise for Clinton since Gibbs became managing editor, much like her former colleague Stengel’s dedication to President Obama as the Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, is also part of her legacy. Gibbs, herself, has praised Clinton in her articles, and on one occasion, she participated in a Clinton Foundation annual meeting.

Keeping that in mind, it’s apparent the writers under her watch are likely steered toward writing pieces she would see fit, ignoring facts and reporting hearsay as truth despite a lack of evidence.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The leaks/hacks look interesting.
Asking for sanders health records counter productive . Why, lends credibility to her health concerns.
Their were people concerned about Hillary getting on and off that stool, she didn't carry a microphone most of the time and sits down as soon as she can.

Office manager almost killed herself because of the Clinton crap, now that ties in to Vince foster who according to the FBI report killed himself because of Hillary savagely dressing him down in front of all his new co workers at the White House.

Then their is bill Clinton's sexcapades. I've never seen him angrier than last night. He should be worried he is on his way to bring the next bill Cosby. He may be worse than Cosby if he ever got the light of day shined on his actions, what was done to cover it up and how the women he attacked were intimidated using the full power of his office and connections. Those poor women are still looking for justice 30 years after the attacks and are so scared they are willing to relive it over and over so their story is public.
Sad part is the press wrote them off 20 years ago because it was a inconvenient truth for their party.

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

carl stromberg wrote:Here are the Republican nomination odds at Paddy Power.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/ ... ids=481890

Jeb Bush 2/1
Marco Rubio 10/3
Scott Walker 7/2
Rand Paul 9/1
Ben Carson 14/1
Ted Cruz 18/1
Paul Ryan 18/1
Boy were those odds way off! Amazing to look back and see the two candidates (Trump & Bernie Sanders) who had no chance according to those in the know were the only one to get voters excited. They were also the only candidates to have their party actively work against them during the run up to the nomination.

Added a new poll that will run until the end of the election. The big four choices and to include as many as possible the ubiquitous write in option with a few favorite names.
Just food for thought most pollsters use a four way race model, looking at the sample ballot for my state it is at least eight presidential candidates plus the write in option.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What state is that GE?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Good rebuttal of the argument that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote here: https://fee.org/articles/how-not-to-was ... -analysis/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

The great state which gave America Al Gore then didn't support him for president in 2000. I was mistaken it is seven candidates plus write in. Here is one of the Tennessee sample ballots.
http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/Site ... Ballot.pdf
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Source: FBI Agents On Clinton Email Case 'Disgusted' With Comey's Decision To Not File Charges Against Hillary! The source alleges that virtually no one involved in the investigation agreed with Comey’s decision to give Clinton a pass, and that the consensus to have Clinton have her security clearance yanked was unanimous! The source, who spoke to FoxNews.com on the condition of anonymity, said FBI Director James Comey’s dramatic July 5 announcement that he would not recommend to the Attorney General’s office that the former secretary of state be charged left members of the investigative team dismayed and disgusted. More than 100 FBI agents and analysts worked around the clock with six attorneys from the DOJ’s National Security Division, Counter Espionage Section, to investigate the case.
“No trial level attorney agreed, no agent working the case agreed, with the decision not to prosecute -- it was a top-down decision,” said the source, whose identity and role in the case has been verified by FoxNews.com.
A high-ranking FBI official told Fox News that while it might not have been a unanimous decision, “It was unanimous that we all wanted her [Clinton’s] security clearance yanked.”
“It is safe to say the vast majority felt she should be prosecuted,” the senior FBI official told Fox News. “We were floored while listening to the FBI briefing because Comey laid it all out, and then said ‘but we are doing nothing,’ which made no sense to us.”---------there you go :!: PROOF Comey was in the tank for Hillary! She promised him a Supreme Court nomination as well it has been theorized behind the scenes!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:Good rebuttal of the argument that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote here: https://fee.org/articles/how-not-to-was ... -analysis/
I never wanted to believe the two party line about wasting a vote, I like the idea of these states that go overwhelming for certain candidate those are the wasted votes. The chose between only two parties argument is only intended to help the two parties consolidate their power. If party platform and candidates did reach the voters why shouldn't they vote for their choice?
Since we have the Electoral College, your votes will have no influence beyond the state to change other vote counts. Those who prefer Jill Stein can with a clear conscience vote for her, since it will make no difference mathematically. Later we will look at the ethics of voting as it relates to this math.
However, there are many benefits of voting third party, even for president. It makes a political statement to the majority parties. It helps local politicians of that party in elections. It can help change platforms to include third-party elements. And it provides recognition for the party among voters as a viable alternative.
Certainly, the Founders never envisioned an endless cycle of United States citizens voting for the “lesser of two evils,” as the argument is often presented. The idea was for free and open elections where the people’s voice would be heard. It was simple: the candidate who best represented your interests earned your vote.

Your vote is, therefore, an expression of yourself and your beliefs. Your vote has power as a statement. People voting out of fear of the worst candidate is a self-perpetuating cycle. If no one ever has the courage to vote outside of the two main parties, it will never be broken. However, if enough people vote and it shows in the total election count, it will give cause for us to reconsider and embolden even more to vote outside of the two parties.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The full results from Sunday night’s debate are in, and Donald Trump has come from behind to take the lead over Hillary Clinton.

The latest Rasmussen Reports White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows Trump with 43% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Clinton’s 41%. Yesterday, Clinton still held a four-point 43% to 39% lead over Trump, but that was down from five points on Tuesday and her biggest lead ever of seven points on Monday. Among voters who say they still could change their minds between now and Election Day, it’s Clinton 40%, Trump 37%, Johnson 19% and Stein (4%). 40% of Hillary’s voters could change their minds. And Wikileaks keeps leaking.

As Yogi Berra taught us, “It ain’t over till it’s over.”
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

If I were Mr Trump, thank God I'm not, I would use a line of attack to turn the "bimbo eruption" back on Mrs Clinton. For instance he could confront her for destroying more women's lives to shield her husbands bad behavior, also point out he has not sent his attack dogs out to ruin these women and put them in fear of their lives as President Clinton's victims were treated by Mrs Clinton. This would be a political move not speaking to right or wrong.

Trump may have done everything he is accused of just the timing of it is suspicious. If it is intended to be a political tool it deserves to fail. Many may not know because they didn't have to live through it Governor Bil Clinton was dogged by allegations his entire political career. Today we commonly acknowledge him has a skirt chaser with low morals, few remember there was a time we pretended he was a upstanding family man. Trump might not be a man we expect to see at church, being as public a figure and as big a target I would expect his accusers might have spoken up sooner; when he announced, when he looked like he would win the nomination, when he was ahead in the polls. Some of the women at the very least. To me the Hollywood perfect timing right after candidate Trump shames President Clinton makes it suspicious. I could be completely wrong, I just don't see random people acting in unison as natural.

Mrs Clinton has to do, nothing, let the race take it course her surrogates are fighting relentlessly on her behalf. Still I don't know if it will be enough. It's a coin toss who will win. Personally I would prefer a 12 sided dice.

Looks like we have a few independent minded voters in our poll. Not to out anybody for their vote, so I'll phrase this differently, what we think die hard Libertarians and Green party people think of their candidates? For the first time in a long time these third party choices matter to a great many people, are the chosen candidates satisfactory to those who have been waiting for a chance like this?

Jill Stein has made some excellent points, which I would have thought might have got her more time in the spotlight.

Gary Johnson, I am not sure he is a Libertarian. Seems like a nice guy and before recent history had some good points. Then again maybe the highlighting and targeting of these alternative candidates is part of the two party system trying to keep third parties from replacing one of them.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Well, well well :!: After ALL of this GARBAGE the Democrats have thrown at Trump we find this out TODAY :!: With three weeks until Election Day, Hillary Clinton holds ONLY a four-point lead over Donald Trump in the race for the White House, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll! Overall, Clinton leads Trump by 47-43 percent among likely voters, a "slight edge" given the survey’s four-percentage-point error margin :!: Do you think the Sunday morning shows will show this? Will they grill Donna Brazile for her cheating scandal this morning on ABC? IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL THE LYING B----H loses!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This article lays it out very clearly: http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/14/stu ... lary-2016/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig