Honor Blackman claims Craig is the best Bond

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Honor Blackman claims Craig is the best Bond

Post by Veronica »

This stuff is all over the internet now. I'm confused-didn't she say how she doesn't think Craig is good as Bond? Truth or a marketing trick?
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: Honor Blackman claims Craig is the best Bond

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -star.html

'Sean was perfection as Bond only as Ian Fleming wrote it. He was a Mr Universe entrant, he was handsome and very, very, sexy and had that ridiculous accent.'

Connery didn't play Ian Fleming's Bond, he played Terrance Young's Bond.

'Now it's no longer like Ian Fleming, it's more like The Bourne Identity. It's a different kind of film...'

Now that I agree with.

'But that doesn't make any difference to the fact they're super films and Daniel is probably the best actor that ever played Bond.'

You had to go and drop the ball, didn't you?
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Craig better than Oscar winner Connery? Lord. IMHO they are not a great stand alone films let alone Bond films. I find it rather strange that it seems like every person dead or alive is asked an opinion about Craig...
dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I never understood all this hyperbole about Craig being the "best actor" to play Bond. First, quick name a Daniel Craig movie off the top of your head... Kudos to those of you who could! Second when was the last time you saw a Craig performance and sat back in awe of the tour de force you just witnessed? Cowboys and Aliens?, Tomb Raider?

I mean come on, this guy is so wooden he makes Pinocchio look like Al Pacino!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli loves his splinters :!:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:I never understood all this hyperbole about Craig being the "best actor" to play Bond. First, quick name a Daniel Craig movie off the top of your head... Kudos to those of you who could! Second when was the last time you saw a Craig performance and sat back in awe of the tour de force you just witnessed? Cowboys and Aliens?, Tomb Raider?

I mean come on, this guy is so wooden he makes Pinocchio look like Al Pacino!
Benny once again you are totally right .
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

The series went though such drastic changes for Craig, because he would look out of place in a traditional Bond film. He can't even do the gunbarrel walk/turn without looking awkward.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:The series went though such drastic changes for Craig, because he would look out of place in a traditional Bond film. He can't even do the gunbarrel walk/turn without looking awkward.
He can't do anything Bondesque because simply he doesn't have any Bondness in him...To quote David Arnold:"When Bond does something Bondesque,there is really only one pierce of music you can play." Yeah,even that piece of music wouldn't help Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Funnily enough, I just watched Ms Blackman in "the film that killed Hammer horror" (until the recent revival with The Woman in Black etc):

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Doesn't bother me either way although she does seem to be saying Craig is a batter actor not a better Bond. She right it's Bourne Identity now and I doubt Connery would be that good in these types of films just like Craig is not good in the classic Bond.

Didn't she absolutely pan Craig a few years ago? It seems those that do as do as lot of people who do and even people here eventual say "he's a fine actor" but here it usually followed up with but just not Bond.
"'I'm sorry to say he's a better actor - but I think Sean would acknowledge that. I think Dan is terrific. He's capable of so much more.'
Comparing the two actors' portrayals, Honor added: 'Sean was perfection as Bond only as Ian Fleming wrote it. He was a Mr Universe entrant, he was handsome and very, very, sexy and had that ridiculous accent.
'Now it's no longer like Ian Fleming, it's more like 'The Bourne Identity'. It's a different kind of film. But that doesn't make any difference to the fact they're super films and Daniel is probably the best actor that ever played Bond.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z3XmVNrr3E
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

If now it's "Bourne identity" than Craig is not Bond. Even if we move out the whole Bond thing Craig isn't the best actor by any stretch of imagination. Connery,Dalton,Brosnan and Moore are all better than him. Way better. Craig just doesn't give any effect either way. Connery is an Oscar winner(c'mon,of course he is the best actor out of them all) Dalton is classically Shakespearean trained and Brosnan has a good diversity as well. Moore is a terrific natural comedian but he also pulled of two serious moments in TSWLM quite well-when Triple X mentioned Tracy and when he said how he killed her ex lover. Moore was terrific in that scene.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:If now it's "Bourne identity" than Craig is not Bond. Even if we move out the whole Bond thing Craig isn't the best actor by any stretch of imagination. Connery,Dalton,Brosnan and Moore are all better than him. Way better. Craig just doesn't give any effect either way. Connery is an Oscar winner(c'mon,of course he is the best actor out of them all) Dalton is classically Shakespearean trained and Brosnan has a good diversity as well. Moore is a terrific natural comedian but he also pulled of two serious moments in TSWLM quite well-when Triple X mentioned Tracy and when he said how he killed her ex lover. Moore was terrific in that scene.
You are right, i hope they cast NEW BOND actor soon as possible... :007:
surgcmdr
New Recruit

Post by surgcmdr »

She just wants to get back in the game never like Blackman something off about her

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk