M

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

M

Post by Veronica »

What makes absolutely no sense is that with CR they didn't just change Bond they changed M as well. Dench's M was completely different with Pierce's Bond. With Craig she goes around the world telling him how to behave and letting him on a mission without passing the tests. To Brosnan's Bond she was actually a boss while Craig seems to be boss to her. In GoldenEye she obviously had things in control. She let Bond know what she thinks of him and even Bond didn't seem to know what to say. In TND she was in control as well. In TWINE when Bond tells her to tell him "about kidnapping of Elektra King" she replies instantly:"I wasn't aware you have assignment on this case" when he says how he's the one that brought the money who killed King she says "Don't make this personal". In QOS she lets him ENTIRE time to make things personal. Connery's M told Connery's Bond how "008 will have his case" but Connery's Bond replies how "He is aware of his shortcomings and that he will make things right." Dalton's M did that as well.When Bond doesn't shoot a girl he says how 008 will take his case because he can do orders. M IS a boss. Not mum who will forgive him if he played wounded and angry boy.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: M

Post by The Saint 007 »

I read a lot of comments from fans who say they were glad to see Dench's M get killed off in Skyfall because of the annoying motherly figure she became. I think Ralph Fiennes is a good choice for M, but I just hope the filmmakers don't mess up his character.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:I read a lot of comments from fans who say they were glad to see Dench's M get killed off in Skyfall because of the annoying motherly figure she became. I think Ralph Fiennes is a good choice for M, but I just hope the filmmakers don't mess up his character.
We'll see.I'll read comments because it's unlikely I'm going to watch SPECTRE.Only if something strikes like it did when I watched Skyfall.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Dench stayed too long. New m is not bad , I like the previous boss for Dalton and Lazenby .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:Dench stayed too long. New m is not bad , I like the previous boss for Dalton and Lazenby .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one for Lazenby was the same one with Connery and Moore.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Bernard Lee: Connery - Lazenby - Moore
Robert Brown: Moore - Dalton
Judi Dench: Brosnan - Craig
Ralph Fiennes: Craig
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

They only retained Judi Dench because nuEon was just too lazy to make the effort of creating an entirely new 'M' to go with their "Reboot" from its start, choosing instead to keep right on showing off their "ownership" of an Older, Critically-Acclaimed, Multiple Award-Winning Actress whose 'M' got Big Laughs for putting the "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" Brosnan-Bond "in his place" in GE, after which they steadily built up her presence at the eventual expense of the Masculinity of James Bond himself. All in the name of scoring PC points with this ongoing "Women In Authority" pose.

Keeping HER as the resident Boss overseeing the new Craggy "Bond" merely solidified her actual role as his surrogate Mommy who would now be the CENTER of these newer movies, which will probably continue even after the character's death (if the plot of the forthcoming SPUK-TER does play itself out as expected). Unbelievable.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Barry Niven wrote:They only retained Judi Dench because nuEon was just too lazy to make the effort of creating an entirely new 'M' to go with their "Reboot" from its start, choosing instead to keep right on showing off their "ownership" of an Older, Critically-Acclaimed, Multiple Award-Winning Actress whose 'M' got Big Laughs for putting the "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" Brosnan-Bond "in his place" in GE, after which they steadily built up her presence at the eventual expense of the Masculinity of James Bond himself. All in the name of scoring PC points with this ongoing "Women In Authority" pose.

Keeping HER as the resident Boss overseeing the new Craggy "Bond" merely solidified her actual role as his surrogate Mommy who would now be the CENTER of these newer movies, which will probably continue even after the character's death (if the plot of the forthcoming SPUK-TER does play itself out as expected). Unbelievable.

Now M will be for "daddy" obviously since M is guy again. Lord...