Teaser trailer

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Teaser trailer

Post by Veronica »

Shaken not stirred,why is there "Rest in piece" (1964-2002)? Shouldn't there be 1962?

And all this family drama in Bond-lord. Give me a break. Who cares?? The knew the right balance between personal and tradition in GE for example. This starts to remind me of some kind of drama...lord... the worst thing that critics will probably praise again how this is "the best Bond". I'm still wondering if they were paid to write sth like that for Skyfall.. lord they should all sit down and watch Goldfinger or some classic instalment to remind themselves who and what is Bond.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Veronica wrote:Shaken not stirred,why is there "Rest in piece" (1964-2002)? Shouldn't there be 1962?

And all this family drama in Bond-lord. Give me a break. Who cares?? The knew the right balance between personal and tradition in GE for example. This starts to remind me of some kind of drama...lord... the worst thing that critics will probably praise again how this is "the best Bond". I'm still wondering if they were paid to write sth like that for Skyfall.. lord they should all sit down and watch Goldfinger or some classic instalment to remind themselves who and what is Bond.
Yeah My bad it should be 1962, sorry lot going on at the minute and not typing some things correctly.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

So I finally watched the whole trailer and my thoughts are:"Is this a physcological thriller or something? Lord-nothing funny nothing remotely interesting. It's like I'm watching some "dark" action movie with I don't know...Liam Neeson? Then why I am I even suprised-after cr,qos and sf...but this seems even more boring and depressed than the last three.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Veronica wrote:So I finally watched the whole trailer and my thoughts are:"Is this a physcological thriller or something? Lord-nothing funny nothing remotely interesting. It's like I'm watching some "dark" action movie with I don't know...Liam Neeson? Then why I am I even suprised-after cr,qos and sf...but this seems even more boring and depressed than the last three.
Massive difference is if this was Neesson in a dark action movie like taken you'd sure have a hell of a lot of fun and yeah the trailer was terrible but the world for some reason once again seems to love worshipping this crap and yeah boring seems to be exciting to some today and that's depressing.

Still avengers 2 next week ought to wipe that foul taste of spectales I mean specduh out of My mouth.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Avengers 2 will be MASSIVE at the box office........................MASSIVE. :up:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

shaken not stirred wrote:
Veronica wrote:So I finally watched the whole trailer and my thoughts are:"Is this a physcological thriller or something? Lord-nothing funny nothing remotely interesting. It's like I'm watching some "dark" action movie with I don't know...Liam Neeson? Then why I am I even suprised-after cr,qos and sf...but this seems even more boring and depressed than the last three.
Massive difference is if this was Neesson in a dark action movie like taken you'd sure have a hell of a lot of fun and yeah the trailer was terrible but the world for some reason once again seems to love worshipping this crap and yeah boring seems to be exciting to some today and that's depressing.

Still avengers 2 next week ought to wipe that foul taste of spectales I mean specduh out of My mouth.
I think it's way more "oh,god it's so great" to the critics who oh-so-worship these "complexed" Bond movies.This movie seems to be so boring that it might even turn 10-year old Craig fanboys off.
shaken not stirred
Agent

Veronica wrote:
shaken not stirred wrote:

I think it's way more "oh,god it's so great" to the critics who oh-so-worship these "complexed" Bond movies.This movie seems to be so boring that it might even turn 10-year old Craig fanboys off.
Fingers crossed, I was hoping the same with skawful but to no avail.

Bjmdds: I really hope so, I hope avengers 2 will be as good if not better than the original (fingers crossed), I'm also worried about it doing an iron man 3 but I don't know a lot about ultron himself.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Personally I think Skyfall was a turn off for many people. Just look at imdb and see how many negative comments there are... someone commented:"Skyfall,well of course it is." :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Teaser trailer

Post by Omega »

I know a lot of casual fans online mostly but irl who don't get caught up on the actors like we do, but for the skyfall was only soso not worth the hype . Or a second viewing.
One of my jobs was a place were movie and games could be traded in, skyfall Came in like Right away. But the used copies sold as well.

One guy bought it blind based on the hype was trading it in the same week it was released he said it was only ok .

But on the other hand the Craig movies do not big sell in ad big as numbers as Brosnans did maybe because times changed or whatever my point is the new sales are not that big a deal to the studio they are not expecting avatar numbers each bond film.

I do think there is a segment of movies fan who feel sf was crammed down their throats praised as the best ever but didn't do if for them as a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:I know a lot of casual fans online mostly but irl who don't get caught up on the actors like we do, but for the skyfall was only soso not worth the hype . Or a second viewing.
One of my jobs was a place were movie and games could be traded in, skyfall Came in like Right away. But the used copies sold as well.

One guy bought it blind based on the hype was trading it in the same week it was released he said it was only ok .

But on the other hand the Craig movies do not big sell in ad big as numbers as Brosnans did maybe because times changed or whatever my point is the new sales are not that big a deal to the studio they are not expecting avatar numbers each bond film.

I do think there is a segment of movies fan who feel sf was crammed down their throats praised as the best ever but didn't do if for them as a movie.

None of the people I met IRL or discussed Skyfall on forum in our country said how they think this is a great movie. It was perhaps for casual movie goers who only know Bond by name and what he superficially represents... but the ones who actually watched Bond movies and have a stronger opinion about the movies said how Skyfall is a film to forget.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Teaser trailer

Post by Omega »

On bond forums sf gets a lot of love. Too much love.
Out side the fandom just movie fans it seems it's is not that well regarded. But that's my experience here .

I had mentioned before the place I'm a member had a bond poll ranking the bonds
Connery was first by a lot, Craig and Brosnan were real close , Dalton and Lazenby were last . I'd have to find the post again to get the numbers but the people who participated were greater than most bond polls and forums . Not fan boys just movie buffs for the majority .

IMO there is a difference in the causal bond watchers and the fanboys , fanboys are more eager to praise the current bond no matter what it seems, where as some guy trying to trade in his movie before the value goes down is more pragmatic.

............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:On bond forums sf gets a lot of love. Too much love.
Out side the fandom just movie fans it seems it's is not that well regarded. But that's my experience here .

I had mentioned before the place I'm a member had a bond poll ranking the bonds
Connery was first by a lot, Craig and Brosnan were real close , Dalton and Lazenby were last . I'd have to find the post again to get the numbers but the people who participated were greater than most bond polls and forums . Not fan boys just movie buffs for the majority .

IMO there is a difference in the causal bond watchers and the fanboys , fanboys are more eager to praise the current bond no matter what it seems, where as some guy trying to trade in his movie before the value goes down is more pragmatic.

It gets love from Craig fanboys. I actually met a professional critic and he gave his opinion on Skyfall-in short the conclusion was that the movie was an "empty walk"... as for polls. There was this big one in 2012 in America and Craig came fourth. In my country he either comes third or fourth... Connery and Brosnan are always first and second respectively. So my conclusion is that Craig doesn't have that many fans. His fans are just particulary loud and spend more time on the internet...fanboys.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

BULLSH#T MOVIE.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

"You are like a kite dacing in a hurricane,Mr.Bond". This reminds me of turkish soap operas that are regular in my country. this type of dialogue is common there.
Watched the trailer and well..were the hell are women in this movie? We see Monica Belucci for about a second... no trace of Seydoux.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Finally forced myself to watch the trailer knowing full well what to expect. I tried to take my disappointment over another dower Daniel 007 movie out of my reasoning, if this were Pierce, Sean, whoever the acceptable alternative is, the NuBond Bourne Bond direction is becoming more and more glaring mistake.

I for one am tired of hearing about how 007 does not trust anybody, is a 'cold' person, has to go off on his own mission, is damaged by soul numbing work, abused as a child or wherever new nonsense is being spun. The trailer makes it perfectly clear Ian Fleming has nothing to do with the "Nu" direction, it was clear to some of us since the beginning, however as it progresses it becomes more blatant.

If I were watching this trailer cold with no preparation and lets say it was Pierce's Bond in his prime instead of Daniel (a declining Daniel at that ;) ), admittedly there would be the excitement for a new film however that euphoria would immediately be replaced by the sinking feeling they are rounding up sharks to jump.

What might be more troubling is the series touching the third rail by introducing Blofeld collapsing the fantasy this neanderBond is only a prequel to the original series, fashioning a crude rugged man into the suave debonair man of action who put food Barbara and MGW's table for nearly 40 years. The producer promised to never go back and remake the original movies, which should have meant leaving those characters alone as well. I'd rather remakes over gross misinterpretations.

It maybe when the movie comes out, good or bad, shorting out the Bond continuum might be the factor upsetting most fans.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Blowfeld wrote:Finally forced myself to watch the trailer knowing full well what to expect. I tried to take my disappointment over another dower Daniel 007 movie out of my reasoning, if this were Pierce, Sean, whoever the acceptable alternative is, the NuBond Bourne Bond direction is becoming more and more glaring mistake.

I for one am tired of hearing about how 007 does not trust anybody, is a 'cold' person, has to go off on his own mission, is damaged by soul numbing work, abused as a child or wherever new nonsense is being spun. The trailer makes it perfectly clear Ian Fleming has nothing to do with the "Nu" direction, it was clear to some of us since the beginning, however as it progresses it becomes more blatant.

If I were watching this trailer cold with no preparation and lets say it was Pierce's Bond in his prime instead of Daniel (a declining Daniel at that ;) ), admittedly there would be the excitement for a new film however that euphoria would immediately be replaced by the sinking feeling they are rounding up sharks to jump.

What might be more troubling is the series touching the third rail by introducing Blofeld collapsing the fantasy this neanderBond is only a prequel to the original series, fashioning a crude rugged man into the suave debonair man of action who put food Barbara and MGW's table for nearly 40 years. The producer promised to never go back and remake the original movies, which should have meant leaving those characters alone as well. I'd rather remakes over gross misinterpretations.

It maybe when the movie comes out, good or bad, shorting out the Bond continuum might be the factor upsetting most fans.
What Bond movies used to do to people is to excite them... when Bond was spphistocated with aira of coolness around him and charisma you just need to admire. Now not only Bond is not like that anymore but Moneypenny is black(what's wrong with white Moneypenny?) Q is a teenager and most of all the movies don't excote you anymore. they depress you.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Much improved SPECTRE trailer:

[video][/video]
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Fakhrul
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, The Spy Who Loved Me, The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies,
Favorite Movies: Kung Pow, Every Batman films, Superman I, Spiderman I and II

Post by Fakhrul »

Kristatos wrote:Much improved SPECTRE trailer:

[video][/video]
Too bad the uploader claimed that Skyfall was awesome, but other than that, great video.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Here's another version of the Spectre trailer with Roger Moore:

[video][/video]

Pretty cool video. Still don't care for the drama stuff, but having Moore as Bond certainly is an improvement and put a smile on my face.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation