Brosnan: My Bond not good enough

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: Brosnan: My Bond not good enough

Post by ml94 »

Pierce is UNDERRATED actor.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:A crying shame apart from GoldenEye his movies never did their full potential.
Both his Bond career and his career overall had a lot of potential to prosper after GE. Without a fifth Bond from Pierce as a perfect send-off, he still has his career, right? And again there's so much he can do with action realm. What matters now is that he has his new beginning, and he could have that with NM. If not NM, what would be the potential to become the turning point of Pierce's career? The Moon and the Sun? Survivor? There has to be something for Pierce's career to break free from the realm of under radar/not-so-great reviews.
Isn't he doing a thriller with Mila Jovovich?
Survivor is the title, and Pierce is said to be the villain. The question right now is this: will it break the mold and help his career to break free from the realm of under radar/not-so-great reviews? If not, what will? The Moon and the Sun?

It's great that Brosnan is playing a bad guy.The thing is he even makes the sleaziest characters charming because he just has that charisma that has to be admired.I'm felling good about this movie something just tells me that it's not going to be bad.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:Pierce is UNDERRATED actor.
Maybe,yes.The thing is,he is just so charismatic that when you watch a movie with him you don't even think if he has a great talent or not.And he has.He can do both lighter and serious stuff.For lighter witness "Remington Steele" and for more serious "Evelyn" or "All You Need Is Love".Also,who's better than playing a charismatic con man than him.Check "The Thomas Crown Affair"...
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

He's underrated far enough already.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:The thing is he even makes the sleaziest characters charming because he just has that charisma that has to be admired.
Pierce doesn't always play charming characters. NM is that example.
I'm felling good about this movie something just tells me that it's not going to be bad.
I hope Survivor breaks the mold after many years of Pierce's career being in the realm of under radar/not-so-great reviews.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica, what are your thoughts on this?

[video][/video]
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
Maybe,yes.The thing is,he is just so charismatic that when you watch a movie with him you don't even think if he has a great talent or not.And he has.He can do both lighter and serious stuff.For lighter witness "Remington Steele" and for more serious "Evelyn" or "All You Need Is Love".Also,who's better than playing a charismatic con man than him.Check "The Thomas Crown Affair"...
Yeah, he deserve better scripts/projects...
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
Yeah, he deserve better scripts/projects...
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The thing is that not many people (even Pierce fans) realize how underrated Pierce really is since after GE.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:The thing is he even makes the sleaziest characters charming because he just has that charisma that has to be admired.
Pierce doesn't always play charming characters. NM is that example.
I'm felling good about this movie something just tells me that it's not going to be bad.
I hope Survivor breaks the mold after many years of Pierce's career being in the realm of under radar/not-so-great reviews.
A good example of a sleazy character is Osnard from "The Tailor of Panama"
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I read today how the writers Purvis and Wade started to write the scenario for CR with Pierce in mind. Also Judi Dench somewhere after DAD said publicly how Pierce is coming back. Tarantino said how he spoked about the film with the Fleming family. He wanted to do CR in black and white. I personally would have loved to see that. I think it would be interesting and the movie would stand out as well. And I think there would be this noir feeling about it. It would be kind of mysterious. I don't know if Tarantino would want any jokes since he isn't really the lightest film maker in the world but who knows. He could do cynical jokes. I got the impression how Tarantino was quite eager to do it since he even met with Pierce and talked about it not to mention how he said Pierce is the best Bond. I think he would give Pierce a work to do and make the movie the best it can be. Also,Tarantino wasn't interested any more when they said how Pierce is not coming back. I think he would really go and use Pierce's maximum. Shame that never saw the light of day.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

QT could always have Pierce to star in his incoming films. Like ml94 said, Pierce deserves better scripts/projects.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:QT could always have Pierce to star in his incoming films. Like ml94 said, Pierce deserves better scripts/projects.
Who is the film maker of "No escape"?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:QT could always have Pierce to star in his incoming films. Like ml94 said, Pierce deserves better scripts/projects.
Who is the film maker of "No escape"?
They're the writers/directors of Quarantine.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I watched the trailer for this movie and someone commented how "James Bond will save the day." :D
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The thing that still confuses me is why would Pierce say he was "never good enough"? especially after all these years.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:The thing that still confuses me is why would Pierce say he was "never good enough"? especially after all these years.
I thought we'd been through this. Lots of actors find their old performances cringeworthy.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:The thing that still confuses me is why would Pierce say he was "never good enough"? especially after all these years.
I thought we'd been through this. Lots of actors find their old performances cringeworthy.

He may be critical of himself but why say it to the media?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

Maybe he thinks it will put him in higher regard with critics and the press? Who knows.

After all the praise and awards heaped on SF, and the critics saying Craig is the next best thing since Connery, etc. maybe Brosnan now feels slightly embarrassed by some of the Bond films he was in, particularly DAD. I got that impression when I saw an interview with him and he started laughing in embarrassment about the now infamous surfing scene.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Sweeney wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

Maybe he thinks it will put him in higher regard with critics and the press? Who knows.

After all the praise and awards heaped on SF, and the critics saying Craig is the next best thing since Connery, etc. maybe Brosnan now feels slightly embarrassed by some of the Bond films he was in, particularly DAD. I got that impression when I saw an interview with him and he started laughing in embarrassment about the now infamous surfing scene.

Yeah,that was in that documentary. Also you could see how he was thrilled when talking about how he finally got the role in 1994. Also how he seemed sad when that house renewed Remington Steele on literally the last day. That's what made me sad. I mean Skyfall?? Don't get me started. The whole movie is just one incredibly empty walk. Seriously the bad guy wants to get revenge but we never know what or when M done... and those "Home Alone" elements at the end. And then they call Roger Moore era silly. Craig being best next to Connery? Yeah and Mussolini is up there with Gandhi(I know this may be a bit harsh comparisment but...come on). Plus Skyfall pulled the little plot it has from TWINE..and all those batman elements and that mission impossible thing... oh yeah and Silva is an ex secret agent(I wonder in which movie I saw that :?: ) seriously all those praises on Skyfall-were critics drunk stoned or paid? Maybe all three.. and yes I think this may be due to DAD which is just...a wrong movie for an actor who never gave less than his all(it's a wrong movie period.)