Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:00 am But would anybody really be naive enough to believe someone whose pickup line was "I'm a male feminist, would you like to come up and see my etchings?"
Lol, you'd be surprised Kris! "Hey baby, down with the patriarchy, wanna bang?"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:00 am But would anybody really be naive enough to believe someone whose pickup line was "I'm a male feminist, would you like to come up and see my etchings?"
The funny thing was the etchings were on an etch a sketch.

dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

New rant hope you all enjoy, tell me what you think:
http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... he-sunset/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:New rant hope you all enjoy, tell me what you think:
I've heard British-Malaysian actor Henry Golding from Crazy Rich Asians mentioned as a possibility. I've never seen Crazy Rich Asians, or anything else he's been in, so I have no idea whether or not he'd make a good Bond, but if your theory is correct, he would appear to be the one to watch.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:54 am
I've heard British-Malaysian actor Henry Golding from Crazy Rich Asians mentioned as a possibility. I've never seen Crazy Rich Asians, or anything else he's been in, so I have no idea whether or not he'd make a good Bond, but if your theory is correct, he would appear to be the one to watch.

Crazy Rich Asians is a B rate romantic comedy in terms of quality. But with a bigger budget. I loved A Simple Favor where he starred alongside Blake Lively and I adored Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen where he played a bad guy.

He's very well-spoken. Or, at least he sounds that way to me.
Last edited by Veronica on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:37 am New rant hope you all enjoy, tell me what you think:
He could definitely be convincing as a man who could bed any woman

He himself could bed any woman. :mrgreen:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:37 am New rant hope you all enjoy, tell me what you think:

Steady on Image

dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:51 pm
Veronica wrote:

Steady on Image

See what I mean about making the ladies thirsty! :lol:

Veronica wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 pm
Kristatos wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:54 am

Crazy Rich Asians is a B rate romantic comedy in terms of quality. But with a bigger budget. I loved A Simple Favor where he starred alongside Blake Lively and I adored Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen where he played a bad guy.

He's very well-spoken. Or, at least he sounds that way to me.
Golding's name has come at me a couple of time since I posted the rant, so he could be the name to attach to my theory.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

There won't be any Henry's as Bond this time around, be it Asian or white. The mad Broccoli will astound the world with her genius in 2 or 3 years as she lingers in Cr-egg withdrawal therapy. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:There won't be any Henry's as Bond this time around, be it Asian or white. The mad Broccoli will astound the world with her genius in 2 or 3 years as she lingers in Cr-egg withdrawal therapy.
So who do you think will be the next Bond when Babbzy eventually decides to move on? I know who you and I *want* it to be, but that's not the same question.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I have ZERO confidence in her. I do not think she has a clue herself. Her heart is not going to be in this. Bezos should nudge her for a buyout but she knows that would end her Hollywood relevance so she will linger on in a disgruntled mood. She will delay this choice as long as she can to continue to dwell in her Cr-egg fantasy realm and never let go. How can she replace THE GREATEST ACTOR ON THE PLANET? In her mind, she cannot. For Broccoli, Bond concluded with Cr-egg's death scene.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's an interesting question. Now that MGW is officially out of the picture, effectively leaving Babbzy with sole control of the Bond franchise, could she just say that the Greatest Actor Evah is irreplaceable, and that therefore there will be no more Bond films? Or is there something in the contract with MGM that obliges her to keep making them regardless?

Edit: just noticed that A Simple Favor is on BBC1 tonight at 10.20.

dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

She has to keep making Bond films as they are the only thing allowing her a seat at the adult table in Hollywood. She tried her hand at another film property and met with tragic results. Unless she wants to spend the rest of her life overseeing lackluster stage productions off Broadway she'll keep on plugging away with Bond even if it's just an obligatory film every half decade.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:57 pm She has to keep making Bond films as they are the only thing allowing her a seat at the adult table in Hollywood. She tried her hand at another film property and met with tragic results. Unless she wants to spend the rest of her life overseeing lackluster stage productions off Broadway she'll keep on plugging away with Bond even if it's just an obligatory film every half decade.
Not according to this yutz, DB: Ben Roberts, BFI Chief Executive Officer, hailed Broccoli and Wilson as “two giants of cinema”, :ROFL: not only for keeping the Bond flame alive, but for their production of independent films outside of the franchise. :ROFL:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:56 pm Not according to this yutz, DB: Ben Roberts, BFI Chief Executive Officer, hailed Broccoli and Wilson as “two giants of cinema”, :ROFL: not only for keeping the Bond flame alive, but for their production of independent films outside of the franchise. :ROFL:
It was a laudatory speech at an event commemorating the tremendous financial contribution that the franchise they inherited makes towards the British film industry. What did you expect, a warts and all portrait?
dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Mini rant, more of an invitation to watch and discuss the documentary about Craig's tenure as Bond.

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... ames-bond/
dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:25 pm New :cuss: let me know what ya think:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... llar-bond/
I rather like the Every James Bond channel. As someone who once dreamed of being Richard Maibaum when I grew up, I find it quite interesting to see the Bond films broken down into their constituent parts like that.

Obligatory pedantic editorial note: It's Ken Adam, not Ken Adams.
dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:46 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:25 pm New :cuss: let me know what ya think:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... llar-bond/
I rather like the Every James Bond channel. As someone who once dreamed of being Richard Maibaum when I grew up, I find it quite interesting to see the Bond films broken down into their constituent parts like that.

Obligatory pedantic editorial note: It's Ken Adam, not Ken Adams.
Thanks Kris, don't know how I missed that.

I'm not saying any of these channels are necessarily bad (well except the underpants guy), just not "popular."
dirtybenny
Agent

Post by dirtybenny »

Short obligatory post for the 60th:

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... niversary/