Hillary

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Hillary

Post by bjmdds »

Despite Clinton’s enormous lead among potential rivals in the Democratic primary, the survey indicates she would struggle against several GOP candidates. Romney has 45 percent to Clinton’s 44 percent, if the election were held today. And Clinton would have 43 percent to Christie’s 42 percent.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hillary Clinton is taking heat for saying America should “empathize” and show “respect” for its enemies. This, she said, includes “leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.” :shock: :shock: :shock: No way this loser should be President.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Hillary Clinton is taking heat for saying America should “empathize” and show “respect” for its enemies. This, she said, includes “leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.” :shock: :shock: :shock: No way this loser should be President.
Meh. It's all talk, designed to appeal to the Democratic base (who generally prefer solving problems through diplomacy rather than blowing s**t up). Her track record shows that in reality, she never met a war she didn't like, and this blather isn't going to fool anybody.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

bjmdds wrote:Hillary Clinton is taking heat for saying America should “empathize” and show “respect” for its enemies. This, she said, includes “leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.” :shock: :shock: :shock: No way this loser should be President.
Being able to empathize with ones enemies (meaning to see the world from their perspective) is one of the most important skills in diplomacy.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Clinton Foundation has dropped its self-imposed ban on collecting funds from foreign governments and is winning contributions at an accelerating rate, raising ethical questions as Hillary Clinton ramps up her expected bid for the presidency.

Recent donors include the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Australia, Germany and a Canadian government agency promoting the Keystone XL pipeline.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Former technology executive Carly Fiorina, the only woman known to be contemplating a Republican presidential bid, on Thursday challenged Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton to explain millions of dollars from foreign governments donated to her family's foundation.

"She tweets about women's rights in this country and takes money from governments that deny women the most basic human rights," Fiorina told the Conservative Political Action Conference, known as CPAC. She added: "Hillary likes hashtags. But she doesn't know what leadership means."

The Clinton Foundation, founded by former President Bill Clinton more than a decade ago, has battled HIV and AIDS in Africa, educated millions of children and fed the poor and hungry around the globe. Hillary Clinton is a member of its board of directors and her daughter, Chelsea, is the board's vice chair.

The foundation has defended its financial support and addressed how it might function if Hillary Clinton were to run for president, something taken as a given by most. It would ensure that its policies and practices are "appropriate, just as we did when she served as secretary of state," the foundation says.

Fiorina, a former Hewlett-Packard CEO, also challenged Clinton to name a single accomplishment from her time as secretary of state.

"Like Mrs. Clinton, I too have traveled the globe" Fiorina said, repeating an applause line she has delivered at other conservative gatherings. "Unlike Mrs. Clinton, I know that flying is an activity, not an accomplishment."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government business as secretary of state, State Department officials said, and may have violated federal requirements that officials’ correspondence be retained as part of the agency’s record.

Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Her supporters on some other forums I frequent are in furious "nothing to see here" damage control mode right now.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kristatos wrote:Her supporters on some other forums I frequent are in furious "nothing to see here" damage control mode right now.
Although....

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz ... -standards
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I've been hearing about The Clinton bush family all my life I'd be glade for her to retire for good. There is no compelling reason for her or Jen bush to be president other than their own ego.
The email and fundraising is a scandal but it's what I expect from the Clintons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just found the perfect bumper sticker for you, BJ, a parody of the "Ready For Hillary" stickers that are already circulating:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

:lol:
I'll take two! There is a interesting dem thinking about running he I think he was a repub at one point in life from what I read about him he more a JFK old school dem. I could see us voting from a dem if there were more like my grandfathers dems. I wish a third party candidate had a chance but they don't in a system rigged by the two dominant parties. Wish the monopoly laws could be used against political parties.

Re: email scandal, Bill Clinton over the weekend made more sense talking vaguely about this than Hillary. She could have ended this last week when it started all she had to do was say I'm happy to turn over the server to the government or a neutral third party. Done. Over.

When George W came into office his was the first digital age presidency there was a flap about them installing either GOP servers or some other kind of privately funded servers to avoid the government record servers. Easy to understand why you might want to after what happened with Sony it is easy to see why you might want to keep you email private. Maybe her servers were more secure than the government servers still we all know why she did it the way she did she wanted to control the record. Doesn't' help Obama admin has been super secretive and under his watch all kind of government records have missing like from the IRS with government employees texting and PMing to avoid the public record.

The other baggage Hillary has is Bill, no doubt Bill is a better politician but if Bill Cosby can have his past catch up to him Bill Clinton is a sitting duck.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

WASHINGTON (AP) - The State Department’s internal watchdog has found that many department employees are not preserving emails for the public record as required by the government. That could mean a substantial amount of lost government information.

The inspector general’s office, in a report out Wednesday, said that in 2011, when Hillary Rodham Clinton was secretary of state, department employees wrote more than 1 billion emails but only marked 61,156 for the public record. There’s no way to know from the figures how many should have been designated as public records. Even fewer were marked for public records, 41,749, in 2013, the year when she left the department.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

What bugs me is the Clinton feeling of entitlement.

The email story will keep going because all Americans and most people in the world have no expectation of privacy, governments and companies like Google and Yahoo are examining our emails. No matter they should be private we can not control our email while the elite get to and keep them off the public record. No sir. this story will keep going because it is so lopsided and something only the elite of the elite can defend.

Besides I think the time may have come for Bill to answer for his sex crimes, if he is in the public eye again it may happen.

Let me say this about Monica Lewinsky, at one point in time I thought she was a victim, I don't think most could say she wasn't, but she is blaming the wrong people. She keeps trying to blame the internet and Drudge, and thinks she is the poster girl for cyber bullying. To which the cyber bully causes asked her to kindly not mention their names.

First Drudge probably saved her life, if she were dead their would be no scandal. Second Bill Clinton used her in a most despicable fashion, don't care at all about what they did sexually. What bothers me is a man in powerful position abused a intern who happened to be a young delusional girl.

I don't know what Monica thinks could have happened if the media never reported on this, assuming it never became a scandal I think she still be siting in her parents house waiting for a call from Bill that would never come. IMO Bill's abuse was so heinous it crippled her for life, she would never grown in to a healthy adult woman capable of living her own life, possibly having her own family. Bill should answer for his assault on her as well as the other women he hurt. Hillary wants to talk about a war on women well he one of the top offenders aiding and abetting Bill.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correctamndo Dr. No :!: Now go convince any liberal friends and let's end her run for the oval office so Bill won't roam the halls seeking another victim :!: Let them ask Chelsea if her father is pro-woman.