Hillary

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.

Re: Hillary

Postby Kristatos » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 pm

bjmdds wrote:Prominent Democrats are increasingly riled by attacks from Bernie Sanders' supporters, whose demands for ideological purity are hurting the party ahead of the 2018 midterms and 2020 presidential election, they say.

Already preparing their excuses, I see.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Omega » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:48 am

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Prominent Democrats are increasingly riled by attacks from Bernie Sanders' supporters, whose demands for ideological purity are hurting the party ahead of the 2018 midterms and 2020 presidential election, they say.

Already preparing their excuses, I see.
they maybe starting to get the idea they don't want to lose trump as president. President pence would be a disaster to more of us than trump, trump is more a FDR/JFK democrat than a bush republican.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Postby bjmdds » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 am

Big O, Trump is no disaster :!: If they would back his ideas, the economy will boom. He is better than Oh-bama on foreign and domestic policy issues. Trans-gender bathrooms, gay rights, and removing old statues, are the only things Democrats are pushing :!: They have NO policy ideas except tax the rich. That's it. McConnell and Ryan are now worried that Trump will work more with Pelosi and Schumer then he will with them. I would love to hear any millennial tell us how they would deal with the Middle East madness, terrorism, grow the economy, and North Korea :!: Just give them their cell phones to play with all day and they are happy.
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; The Crimson Pirate;Elvis Presley films

Postby Kristatos » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:45 am

Omega wrote: they maybe starting to get the idea they don't want to lose trump as president. President pence would be a disaster to more of us than trump, trump is more a FDR/JFK democrat than a bush republican.

I was thinking more in terms of who they are going to blame for their losses in the midterms, and possibly 2020 as well. For the Democratic establishment, winning elections is just a bonus, their main raison d'etre is parting big-money donors from the contents of their wallets. But if those same big-money donors think that those election losses are their own fault, they might start asking awkward questions. That's why they need a scapegoat.

Having said that, it probably doesn't hurt from a fundraising point of view to have an opponent who they can paint as a terrifying bogeyman. It's like how televangelists are always telling their marks how the world is full of evil and that's why God needs their money to help fight this evil by buying said televangelist a private jet or whatever.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Omega » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:00 am

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: they maybe starting to get the idea they don't want to lose trump as president. President pence would be a disaster to more of us than trump, trump is more a FDR/JFK democrat than a bush republican.

I was thinking more in terms of who they are going to blame for their losses in the midterms, and possibly 2020 as well. For the Democratic establishment, winning elections is just a bonus, their main raison d'etre is parting big-money donors from the contents of their wallets. But if those same big-money donors think that those election losses are their own fault, they might start asking awkward questions. That's why they need a scapegoat.

Having said that, it probably doesn't hurt from a fundraising point of view to have an opponent who they can paint as a terrifying bogeyman. It's like how televangelists are always telling their marks how the world is full of evil and that's why God needs their money to help fight this evil by buying said televangelist a private jet or whatever.
maybe, I meant they already have a democrat president in trump just not a crazy left or Obama democrat. Republicans screwed up trying to impede trump's agenda and not to forget all the promises they made. We all know they were never going to do anything, they would threaten a government shut down during disaster relief to make a point fiscal conservatism whatever the hell that is.

Trump is the first president in 70 years maybe more who does not owe either party, media or special interest. He can go with the democrats on funding and republicans on security, he can play both against each other and pick off stragglers on other bills. There is potential there, more presidents should do it. If Obama had he would have accomplished more. Clinton did and accomplished a lot.

I'm not say trump can't be hated, disliked whatever just he is open to bills the democrats say they want to do. I'd bet a form of legalization is not too far off. As long as he builds a wall and has some standard for merit based citizenship his base will support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega

Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Postby bjmdds » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:37 pm

The London Telegraph reported that "Amazon has been monitoring and deleting reviews after Hillary Clinton's new book was greeted with a torrent of criticism on the day it was released." :!:
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; The Crimson Pirate;Elvis Presley films

Postby Kristatos » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:17 pm

bjmdds wrote:The London Telegraph reported that "Amazon has been monitoring and deleting reviews after Hillary Clinton's new book was greeted with a torrent of criticism on the day it was released." :!:

This sounds worse than it is. They are restricting reviews to verified purchases in order to ensure that the people leaving the reviews have actually read the book. I suspect a lot of them were just hit and run troll posts.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Previous

Return to Politics