Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Oh-bama

Post by bjmdds »

The "expert" head of the CDC is an idiot and a liar and is covering up for the government. I am in the health care sector. Science has been my career since high school. I am well aware of viruses, fungi, bacteria, septicemia, infections, etc. This country is going downhill fast :!: 2 million fewer people are in the work force since 2008, which is the lowest since Jimmy Carter was in office......our national debt was 10 trillion in 2008 and now it's over 17 trillion......the healthcare system is about to collapse after the 2015 corporate mandates kick in, with HUGE deductibles required, after the self-employed have already been screwed like myself when my insurance carrier just informed me that it is going out of business in NY because of the Oh-bama mandates.......the middle east is a mess....Isis and other terrorist groups are expanding.....Ebola patients are granted access to the USA to spread the disease.....nothing has been done to stop illegal immigration.......more people are on food stamps and fake disability and stay home instead of seeking work......more people are working part time because of the new health care mandates.......Russia and China are laughing at us.......and according to you, things are better now. They are worse. :shock: Tell me how we are better off now than in 2008.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

You can prove anything with statistics. This comes from a Democratic website (via my Facebook timeline) and says the opposite.

When you have two parties each with their own version of reality. how do you know who to believe? They can't both be telling the truth, and there's also the possibility that neither of them is. No wonder voter participation is so low.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:To be fair, W and Bill Clinton at least had oppositions that were willing to make compromises. The current congressional GOP are like a bunch of 2-year-olds, saying "NO!" to whatever Obama proposes, even if it was their idea (like Romneycare).

Sent from my phone - please excuse the lack of formatting.
Your not wrong some of the house repubs are like that. Problem is Obama is the same. Forget about the back and forth in the political arena Bob Woodward has pointed out several deals Obama screwed up just because he thought he could demand more after the deal was set, and nobody in congress trust him on either side of the isle. Simplest explanation is he bad leader. He'd not dealing with a Newt Gingrich or Nancy Pelosi or Tip O'Neill, Obama can't or wont work with the other branches of government. He acts like he thinks he is Frank Sinatra or something.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Problem Eliminator wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Do you believe this new enterovirus that affects children neurologically with paralysis and the rise in TB is "just a conicidence" to the influx of the diseased central Americans flooding our southern border? Now ebola flights are allowed to come to the USA? What kind of country are we living in under these morons in Congress? Boehner is no better and is silent on these issues :!:
Unless you have some evidence from the cdc or something yes u absolutely believe its a coincidence.
I've been aware of the Enterovirus d86 before this year (strange bug no worse than a cold for most), most parents of school age have heard of it in passing. There are also weird fleshing eating bugs hitting high schools. I don't blame immigrants for them, human nature and children do not make for sterile environments.

But any group of people who come in sick weakened from a dangerous journey they need to be healthy before they are in the general population. I do think there is the possibility of diseases and contagions we had essentially cured here being reintroduced.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:You can prove anything with statistics. This comes from a Democratic website (via my Facebook timeline) and says the opposite.

When you have two parties each with their own version of reality. how do you know who to believe? They can't both be telling the truth, and there's also the possibility that neither of them is. No wonder voter participation is so low.
Problem with the chart is the Obama care brag will not make it past the faithful supporters. The uninsured it was supposed to reach are still uninsured. Which makes sense because aside from the young and immortal, the people who didn't have healthcare couldn't afford it to being with. The law is equivalent to making homelessness illegal by requiring everyone to own a home. It's why I believe the Romnycare platform of legislating insurance company bailouts is a bad idea, if we want to make sure our population has health care there are a lot better more positive ways to do this. Do any of us really believe any system that uses the IRS for enforcement is going to end well?

On your other point I think both parties have points where they are correct, problem is each define the truth as they see it which wouldn't be a problem, no more than EON or Pepsi co. doing this, except the loyal followers of the red and blue state thinking actually take power and change government, our liberties to match their POV.

That better than 2008/9 line works both ways. We've got family in FLA, the democrat running for governor was governor in 2008/9 when he was term limited out. I think he wanted to be senator but lost the primary in 2008. Now he is running again for governor and the repubs are plastering the air waves with how what a rotten state he left things in 2008/9. They are even running picture of the crooks he associated with who were indicted for crimes after he left office. Here is the kicker he was a republican in 2008, I think switched to independent after he lost the senate primary, only to lose the election anyway, then Democrat to run for governor again. And those crooks he was associated with as governor, Republican crooks. :lol:

IMO either party setting the bar for 2008/9 is setting the lowest possible terms to demonstrate achievement when it is measured against the absolute worst point of the worst economic bubble in recent history.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A second Dallas nurse who became infected with the Ebola virus while caring for a dying patient took a Frontier Airlines flight from Cleveland, Ohio, to Dallas-Fort Worth on Oct. 13, just one day before she reported developing symptoms of infection, U.S. and airline officials said on Wednesday.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the airline said they are reaching out to all 132 passengers who were aboard the flight. The CDC said in a statement the nurse showed no symptoms during the flight, according to crew members.

The CDC is urging all passengers from the flight to call a toll-free hotline 1 800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:You can prove anything with statistics. This comes from a Democratic website (via my Facebook timeline) and says the opposite.

Problem with the chart is the Obama care brag will not make it past the faithful supporters. The uninsured it was supposed to reach are still uninsured. Which makes sense because aside from the young and immortal, the people who didn't have healthcare couldn't afford it to being with. The law is equivalent to making homelessness illegal by requiring everyone to own a home. It's why I believe the Romnycare platform of legislating insurance company bailouts is a bad idea, if we want to make sure our population has health care there are a lot better more positive ways to do this. Do any of us really believe any system that uses the IRS for enforcement is going to end well?

On your other point I think both parties have points where they are correct, problem is each define the truth as they see it which wouldn't be a problem, no more than EON or Pepsi co. doing this, except the loyal followers of the red and blue state thinking actually take power and change government, our liberties to match their POV.

That better than 2008/9 line works both ways. We've got family in FLA, the democrat running for governor was governor in 2008/9 when he was term limited out. I think he wanted to be senator but lost the primary in 2008. Now he is running again for governor and the repubs are plastering the air waves with how what a rotten state he left things in 2008/9. They are even running picture of the crooks he associated with who were indicted for crimes after he left office. Here is the kicker he was a republican in 2008, I think switched to independent after he lost the senate primary, only to lose the election anyway, then Democrat to run for governor again. And those crooks he was associated with as governor, Republican crooks. :lol:

IMO either party setting the bar for 2008/9 is setting the lowest possible terms to demonstrate achievement when it is measured against the absolute worst point of the worst economic bubble in recent history.
Statistics don't really tell the full story anyway. There are all sorts of figures that show the economy recovering, but they exist in some abstract realm of pure mathematics. Unless the majority of your wealth exists in the form of stocks and shares, chances are, this "recovery" has passed you by.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Increasing the Dow Jones does not create any jobs, it reduces them. When stock companies fire workers, those remaining do more for limited raises, increasing corporate profits, increasing efficiency, but not increasing salaries that much. The 5.9% unemployment rate would really be a great number ONLY IF it was not the result of 2 million fewer workers in the workplace and no longer being counted. Most of the people that were added on the health care exchanges were either new medicaid patients or those receiving subsidies, which have already led to a big premium increase in 2015 due to expenses increasing. Applauding running only a $500 billion yearly deficit vs. a $1.4 billion deficit does nothing but add more to the already 70% added debt that Oh-bama has added since 2008 with Congress going along with him. At what point does this massive debt get reduced? It's a far worse state of affairs now than in 2008, domestically and globally.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote: Statistics don't really tell the full story anyway. There are all sorts of figures that show the economy recovering, but they exist in some abstract realm of pure mathematics. Unless the majority of your wealth exists in the form of stocks and shares, chances are, this "recovery" has passed you by.

When the political machines rely on statistics IMO is a sign of were politics had fallen to. Before the science politicians had to get out there and works for the votes talking about ideas, today it is so focused grouped nobody says anything unplanned and tested. The final product is robotic men like Obama and Romney arguing over pie charts.

Politicians have always been corrupt, will always be corrupt. At least when they were in the dark they had to work harder to get the votes and knew their constituents better.

Far as the economic recovery goes a lot of people are still hurting, technically better off than 2009 too many are still struggling to get back to 2006. For our household it's mixed, food prices, fuel, and utilities keep growing each year while our income stays about the same.

What gets me angry is the fed is giving money away to the Banks while making it harder for ordinary people to get financing, those already with wealth were the only one getting the benefit. One of the people behind the idea has said it did not work as it was supposed to admitting it failed. Ben Bernanke who was the biggest buddy to these fat cats couldn't get his house refinanced. The biggest corporate welfare deal in long time.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I'm trying to understand why the CDC is concerned over the economic implications of a flight ban? Shouldn't their first and only concern be containing outbreaks no matter what?

I do think we should be able to make sure the Dr's, Nurses and others who have to be quarantine are sure to get their salary while in quarantine.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The CDC is a puppet to the government. The higher ups tell them what to say even though they look ridiculous doing it. Oh-bama refuses to ban flights from Africa. It's all on him, nobody else......... "A DALLAS LAB WORKER believed to have handled specimens from the Liberian man who became the first person to be diagnosed and die of Ebola on U.S. soil is quarantined aboard the Carnival Magic cruise ship, pictured above, off the coast of Belize, leaving as many as 4,000 passengers stranded." Image The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has spent more than $39 million on obese lesbians, origami condoms, texting drunks, and dozens of other projects that could have been scrapped in favor of developing an Ebola vaccine.

For instance, the agency has spent $2,873,440 trying to figure out why lesbians are obese, and $466,642 on why fat girls have a tough time getting dates. Another $2,075,611 was spent encouraging old people to join choirs.

Millions have gone to “text message interventions,” including a study where researchers sent texts to drunks at the bar to try to get them to stop drinking. The project received an additional grant this year, for a total of $674,590.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

GALLUP DAILY
Oct 16-18, 2014
Obama Approval 40.0% -2.0
Obama Disapproval 55.0% +2.0
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Senate races: Real Clear Politics: 45 Dems 10 GOP 45
RCP Averages
GOP +8 Pick-Ups
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

About 7.3 million Americans are enrolled in private coverage through the Affordable Care Act marketplaces, and more than 80 percent qualified for federal subsidies to help with the cost of their monthly premiums. But many are still on the hook for deductibles that can top $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for families — the trade-off, insurers say, for keeping premiums for the marketplace plans relatively low. The result is that some people — no firm data exists on how many — say they hesitate to use their new insurance because of the high out-of-pocket costs.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Oh-bama

Post by Omega »

This is why I'm keeping my pre Obamacare insurance, which I just got another letter saying they will cancel me in summer 2015. I'm not sure I'll have insurance this time next year. The way I feel about it I love to stick it to the insurance companies by buying coverage only once I need it. Which could be years away, years the insurance company doesn't get my money.

But with subsidies I can get a much cheaper coverage but the deductibles are murder. Top tear is not so bad but I can't afford it without a subsidy. Even so it is more then I was paying.

I liked the plan I have but it's gone up since I got it a few years ago gotta be over $100 monthly. I don't blame the law for all of it but it didn't make the costs better for me.
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's around $500/month in NYC for the CHEAPEST plan for an individual ($1000/month for a couple) now and my current insurance company just stopped writing policies due to the mandates and cancelled 25,000 members. :twisted:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee took the Obama administration to task Friday for its “irresponsible” plan to allow as many as 100,000 Haitians to immigrate to the U.S. without a visa.

Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa said the administration’s Haitian Family Reunification Parole Program — which will allow thousands of Haitians awaiting a U.S. visa to enter the country and legally apply for work permits — is “an irresponsible overreach of the executive branch’s authority.” Image

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z3Gk31gMSN
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Under the law residents can print ballots from their home computers and turn them over to “collectors” to be submitted.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Ebola in NYC!
Way to keep it under control CDC!
............ :007: