Oh-bama

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Oh-bama

Post by bjmdds »

President Obama is facing intense criticism for admitting Thursday "we don't have a strategy yet" for dealing with Islamic State militants in Syria, despite warnings from top military advisers and others that the group must be confronted on that side of the border.

The president made the comment during a briefing with reporters in which he overtly played down the prospect of any imminent military action in Syria. He tried to temper speculation that he was about to roll out a "full scale" strategy, one that might expand the current, limited airstrike campaign in northern Iraq.

"I don't want to put the cart before the horse. We don't have a strategy yet," Obama said.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

He doesn't have a stratagem all the other branches of government do.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

He is an incompetent moron :!: :down:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A U.S. security team in Benghazi was held back from immediately responding to the attack on the American diplomatic mission on orders of the top CIA officer there, three of those involved told Fox News’ Bret Baier.

Their account gives a dramatic new turn to what the Obama administration and its allies would like to dismiss as an “old story” – the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

Speaking out publicly for the first time, the three were security operators at the secret CIA annex in Benghazi – in effect, the first-responders to any attack on the diplomatic compound. Their first-hand account will be told in a Fox News special, airing Friday night at 10 p.m. (EDT).

Based on the new book "13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" by Mitchell Zuckoff with the Annex Security Team, the special sets aside the political spin that has freighted the Benghazi issue for the last two years, presenting a vivid, compelling narrative of events from the perspective of the men who wore the “boots on the ground.”

The security contractors -- Kris (“Tanto”) Paronto, Mark (“Oz”) Geist, and John (“Tig”) Tiegen -- spoke exclusively, and at length, to Fox News about what they saw and did that night. Baier, Fox News’ Chief Political Anchor, asked them about one of the most controversial questions arising from the events in Benghazi: Was help delayed?

Word of the attack on the diplomatic compound reached the CIA annex just after 9:30 p.m. Within five minutes, the security team at the annex was geared up for battle, and ready to move to the compound, a mile away.

“Five minutes, we're ready,” said Paronto, a former Army Ranger. “It was thumbs up, thumbs up, we're ready to go.”

But the team was held back. According to the security operators, they were delayed from responding to the attack by the top CIA officer in Benghazi, whom they refer to only as “Bob.”

“It had probably been 15 minutes I think, and … I just said, ‘Hey, you know, we gotta-- we need to get over there, we're losing the initiative,’” said Tiegen. “And Bob just looks straight at me and said, ‘Stand down, you need to wait.’”

“We're starting to get calls from the State Department guys saying, ‘Hey, we're taking fire, we need you guys here, we need help,’” said Paronto.

After a delay of nearly 30 minutes, the security team headed to the besieged consulate without orders. They asked their CIA superiors to call for armed air support, which never came.

Now, looking back, the security team said they believed that if they had not been delayed for nearly half an hour, or if the air support had come, things might have turned out differently.

“Ambassador Stevens and Sean [Smith], yeah, they would still be alive, my gut is yes,” Paronto said. Tiegen concurred.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The U.S. economy added just 142,000 jobs in August, far below expectations as major sectors such as manufacturing, retail and transportation saw weak job creation.

The unemployment rate fell by 0.01 percentage point to 6.1%, according to figures released Friday by the U.S. Labor Department.

Analysts had predicted 225,000 new jobs and that the unemployment rate would drop slightly from its 6.2% level a month ago.

Meanwhile, the labor force participation rate also fell to 62.8% in August, from 62.9% in July, another disappointment. The Labor Department also said job creation in June and July was 28,000 lower than initially reported.

The disappointing labor report could force Federal Reserve policymakers to rethink plans for raising interest rates sooner than anticipated.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Dr. No wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:BJMDDS, Dr No: what is your view on Scotland becoming independent? The vote is only a few weeks away.
It may not be the correct view but I want them to be independent! From Braveheart to Connery all the scotts I respect the most say freedom!
Then again I grew up in the south, maybe not as much now but there was a feeling of resentment for the feds/yankees essentially being a conquered people. So I sympathised with the Scots and Irish.

What happens if they to go independent? I heard some British bases close
Scotland is not really a colony of England - it is an equal partner in a Union with England. But you could say it is dominated by London etc. Also Braveheart was many years ago and the movie was made up. :twisted:

The British nuclear submarines are based in Scotland. The Scotch will want to be nuclear free so they will have to move to England.

If Scotland becomes indepedent then it will be a pain and it will take a few years to complete the process. There will not be a counrty called Britian or a Union jack any more. So no more of this flag: :britflag:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

1. Pick a number from 1-9.

2. Multiply that number by 3.

3. Add 3.

4. Multiply by 3 again.

5. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of 17 movies below:

Movie List:

1. Gone With the Wind
2. E.T.
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
7. Jaws
8. Grease
9. The Obama Farewell Speech
10. Casablanca
11. Jurassic Park
12. Shrek
13. Pirates of the Caribbean
14. Titanic
15. Raiders of the Lost Ark
16. Home Alone
17. Mrs. Doubtfire
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Thank God Holder is leaving!! The MGW of law enforcement :(

Now if James Clapper would quit.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/nyreg ... .html?_r=0 I have this insurance in NY. Oh-bama ran them out of business :!: I have to look elsewhere now, pay MORE foe premiums and have HUGE deductibles :!: Oh-bama's the devil :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Justine Bateman's song is Barack Oh-bama's theme song :!:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Looks like the repubs will take back the senate. More importantly to Obama it looks like the press is starting to turn on him, I don't think he is this shadow conspiracy evil man he's just a bad leader who needed more experience before he got the job. Most presidents have experience working with the other side as a governor or legislator and understand half the country disagrees with them Obama never had to face those realities. He will make a speech were he says let me be clear and says everyone agrees with him thinking it settles the matter.

The Repub senate if they win will still probably give him some good bills to make a legacy with but if he tries the stunts he did in the past which Bob Woodward says killed some very sweet deals, Obama will get the incompetent reputation he's avoided before now.

G W Bush, not the sharpest knife in the drawer he tried to work with the other side long before the dems took the senate back. I remember one occasion they were trying to write a education bill. not sure if Obama's admin has tried to write anything. Anyway W invites Teddy Kennedy to the white house to help write the bill, Teddy get up to leave and on the way outs has a press conference telling reporters how awful W is on education, how much W hates children, stuff like this when W had bent over backwards to make a better bill with Teddy's help. As much as Obama complains he's never tired half as hard of Clinton or Bush to work with the opposition.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"No child left behind" is the bill Dr. No, and it is an utter failure, and Bush never should have worked with that crumb Teddy Kennedy on anything. Oh-bama is an egocentric narcissist which is a dangerous combination and is being told what to do by Immelt of GE and Soros. He is a clueless buffoon who will legalize 10 million Mexicans in 2015 :!: Do you believe this new enterovirus that affects children neurologically with paralysis and the rise in TB is "just a conicidence" to the influx of the diseased central Americans flooding our southern border? Now ebola flights are allowed to come to the USA? What kind of country are we living in under these morons in Congress? Boehner is no better and is silent on these issues :!:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I didn't remember which law it was. My point was the "evil" W worked with people openly hostile to his admin, Clinton worked with the republican congress, Obama is too thin skinned to work with his own party.

I don't doubt the health crisis from some odd diseases is because of the flood of illegal immigrants trying to get in before Obama's amnesty, from the accounts of the healthcare workers dealing with the situation it sounded like a lot of sick people were coming in and the government was just desperately trying to pass the people off to the states without doing much to screen or treat them.

Aside from the politics of it the problem with viruses and outbreaks is even if we have good medicine the habits of people make it hard to keep from spreading. Even when precautions are taken going through decontamination can expose the dr and nurses to it. To be safe they need a Andromeda Strain set up, but most hospitals and out in the field those precautions are impossible.

The politics will change if/when the first soldiers Obama sent to Africa catch Ebola, and if any more people are confirmed to have it in country. The Admin mocked the people concerned about this not a month ago. Yes there were a lot of knee jerk reactions but the concerns were legitimate and honestly held. what people need to hear two months ago is what was the plan if it came here, not to be talked down to by the first people in a bunker in an emergency.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On 60 minutes last night the FBI head said "do not trust peolpe in power". :shock: :shock:
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

To be fair, W and Bill Clinton at least had oppositions that were willing to make compromises. The current congressional GOP are like a bunch of 2-year-olds, saying "NO!" to whatever Obama proposes, even if it was their idea (like Romneycare).

Sent from my phone - please excuse the lack of formatting.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

bjmdds wrote: Do you believe this new enterovirus that affects children neurologically with paralysis and the rise in TB is "just a conicidence" to the influx of the diseased central Americans flooding our southern border? Now ebola flights are allowed to come to the USA? What kind of country are we living in under these morons in Congress? Boehner is no better and is silent on these issues :!:
Unless you have some evidence from the cdc or something yes u absolutely believe its a coincidence.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Problem Eliminator wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Do you believe this new enterovirus that affects children neurologically with paralysis and the rise in TB is "just a conicidence" to the influx of the diseased central Americans flooding our southern border? Now ebola flights are allowed to come to the USA? What kind of country are we living in under these morons in Congress? Boehner is no better and is silent on these issues :!:
Unless you have some evidence from the cdc or something yes u absolutely believe its a coincidence.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigrat ... ovirus.asp
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:To be fair, W and Bill Clinton at least had oppositions that were willing to make compromises. The current congressional GOP are like a bunch of 2-year-olds, saying "NO!" to whatever Obama proposes, even if it was their idea (like Romneycare).

Sent from my phone - please excuse the lack of formatting.
Oh-bama got his way with 2 years of Democratic rule from 2008-2010. The country is worse off since his Democratic bills were passed with Pelosi and there is no legislation he wants passed now that will benefit this country unless the Republicans go along and allow illegals to prosper here, and further ruin the health care system, or further increase the national debt by giving more goodies to those who stay home and collect. If Oh-bama still had a Democratic house, this country would be even more in trouble. Even Jimmy Carter has seen enough with Oh-bama and that says it all, defining him as a weak leader who cannot act when required and does not follow through with what he says. Pelosi in 2006 took over the House, and refused to cooperate with Bush on anything until the election of 2008. Both parties are for the birds, and GOP Hpuse leader Boehner does little to speak out against Oh-bama.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Problem Eliminator wrote:
"At a hearing in Dallas, the CDC continued to recommend that flights to and from Ebola stricken countries not be restricted"..........Great advice :!: You can believe the CDC PE, not me. If you think this mysterious virus suddenly reappeared from 1987 at the same time as the summer illegal Central American migration across our borders, go right ahead. I don't.
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

I dont know much of anything about viruses, do you? When I dont know much about a subject I tend to put a great deal of weight on the opinion of experts.

When you say "the country is worse off" what exactly are you comparing it to? Because by most standards the US is much better off than it was in 2008-09.