It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Breaking News Thread

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Former professional wrestler Bret "The Hitman" Hart revealed Monday that he's fighting prostate cancer.

"I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles," the 58-year-old Hart said in an Instagram post. "I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer."

The WWE Hall of Famer, who suffered a stroke in 2002, said he'll undergo surgery in the next few days.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Carry On and Man From UNCLE writer Norman Hudis has died aged 93.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 ... ef=rss.co,

I was under the impression that he had written Carry On Spying, which would have given the story more of a Bond connection, but it appears that this is not the case. Hopefully his UNCLE credits are enough to justify posting this here, nonetheless.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:Carry On and Man From UNCLE writer Norman Hudis has died aged 93.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 ... ef=rss.co,

I was under the impression that he had written Carry On Spying, which would have given the story more of a Bond connection, but it appears that this is not the case. Hopefully his UNCLE credits are enough to justify posting this here, nonetheless.
I wonder what his 70s Carry On scripts would have been like? He wrote a script for Carry On Again Nurse in 1988, so maybe I should read that.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Couldn't have been any worse than Carry On England or Carry On Emmanuelle.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I remember Kristatos saying that his team Bristol Rovers had dropped out of the Football League. But now they have been taken over by a billionaire!!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

George Kennedy, Oscar Winner for 'Cool Hand Luke,' Dies at 91.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:George Kennedy, Oscar Winner for 'Cool Hand Luke,' Dies at 91.
RIP to a great actor who had many wonderful character roles.
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Former professional wrestler Bret "The Hitman" Hart revealed Monday that he's fighting prostate cancer.

"I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles," the 58-year-old Hart said in an Instagram post. "I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer."

The WWE Hall of Famer, who suffered a stroke in 2002, said he'll undergo surgery in the next few days.
Wow. Hopefully the doctors caught it early and surgery will be all he needs. Prostate cancer is pretty treatable if caught early..my dad had it..pretty darn scary when he was diagnosed but he had a good doctor that knew what she was doing.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fluoridated milk will be handed out to 8,000 schoolchildren in Blackpool to help tackle "poor dental health".
The move is part of the Lancashire seaside town's free school breakfast scheme - but parents will be able to opt out of allowing their children to be given the drink.
Blackpool councillor Tony Williams, who has concerns over the plan, said "mass medication" should not be allowed.
Councillors approved the scheme and a group will be set up to implement it.
The group combining Blackpool Council, Public Health England, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and oral health charity the Borrow Foundation will oversee the scheme.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Former tennis world No.1 Maria Sharapova said on Monday that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to a substance she has been taking the last 10 years for health issues.

The 28-year-old Russian, a five-time grand slam champion, tested positive for meldonium, which is used to treat diabetes and low magnesium, and was only banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency as of Jan. 1.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Former tennis world No.1 Maria Sharapova said on Monday that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to a substance she has been taking the last 10 years for health issues.

The 28-year-old Russian, a five-time grand slam champion, tested positive for meldonium, which is used to treat diabetes and low magnesium, and was only banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency as of Jan. 1.
Bit strange this one as it was legal until this year.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Former tennis world No.1 Maria Sharapova said on Monday that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to a substance she has been taking the last 10 years for health issues.

Probably legal since it was not common in the the rest of Europe.
My nephew is gifted at sports especially baseball where this kind of doping both legal and Illegal is why I tried to talk him out of perusing sports scholarships and the dream of being a professional. Cruel I know since he might have a chance, thing was none of us wanted him to be caught up in the professional culture where honest players have to dope or drop out because they can't compete otherwise.

Still the boy did all right, I 'm not going to claim credit he made up his own mind concentrating on academics he graduated and got a great job. :D
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But according to the Metro newspaper, the drug's manufacturer has said that a normal course of treatment is 6-8 weeks. The fact that she has been using it for years makes me think that she wasn't using it for its intended purpose.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
But according to the Metro newspaper, the drug's manufacturer has said that a normal course of treatment is 6-8 weeks. The fact that she has been using it for years makes me think that she wasn't using it for its intended purpose.
her excuse sounds like lance Armstrong's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Comedian, actor, writer and producer Garry Shandling, known for “It’s Garry Shandling’s Show” and “The Larry Sanders Show,” has died, TMZ reported on Thursday.

He died at an L.A. hospital on Thursday, according to the outlet. A cause of death has not been released.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:Comedian, actor, writer and producer Garry Shandling, known for “It’s Garry Shandling’s Show” and “The Larry Sanders Show,” has died, TMZ reported on Thursday.

He died at an L.A. hospital on Thursday, according to the outlet. A cause of death has not been released.
RIP Garry. He was very funny.
Bring back Bond!
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

carl stromberg wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Comedian, actor, writer and producer Garry Shandling, known for “It’s Garry Shandling’s Show” and “The Larry Sanders Show,” has died, TMZ reported on Thursday.

RIP Garry. He was very funny.
This was a shock. I remember him best from Larry Sanders. RIP
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

LAHORE/ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, March 27 (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed at least 65 people, mostly women and children, at a park in Lahore on Sunday in an attack claimed by a Pakistani Taliban faction which said it had targeted Christians.
More than 300 other people were wounded, officials said.

The explosion occurred in the parking area of Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park close to children's swings. The park is a popular site for members of Lahore's Christian community, many of whom had gone there to celebrate the Easter weekend holiday.

Witnesses said they saw body parts strewn across the parking lot once the dust had settled after the blast.

"When the blast occurred, the flames were so high they reached above the trees and I saw bodies flying in the air," said Hasan Imran, 30, a resident who had gone to Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park for a walk.

Officials said 65 people were killed and about 300 wounded. Police Superintendant Mustansar Feroz said most of the casualities were women and children.

The Taliban faction Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claimed responsibility for the attack.

"The target was Christians," a spokesman for the faction, Ehsanullah Ehsan, said. "We want to send this message to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif that we have entered Lahore."

"He can do what he wants but he won't be able to stop us. Our suicide bombers will continue these attacks."

Islamist militants in Pakistan have attacked Christians and other religious minorities often over the past decade. Many Christians accuse the government of doing little to protect them, saying politicians are quick to offer condolences after an attack but slow to take any concrete steps to improve security.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Patty Duke, who "The Miracle Worker" and maintained a long and successful career throughout her life, has died. She was 69.

Duke’s agent confirmed her death to the Associated Press saying she died early Tuesday morning of sepsis from a ruptured intestine.