LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Breaking News Thread

Post by Omega »

About the epa dumping toxins in the animas river, turns out the eps was dumping this stuff for years probably because the cost to pump and truck it out was so high.

Owner of the mine said the waste there was not from his operation but from another near by mine the epa was responsible for.

Everyone is still pissed especially the Navajo and ute.

If this was a mining company doing this the epa would be out here in force making them clean it up and pay for damages. Since it's the epa doing it silence and denials .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

Omega wrote:About the epa dumping toxins in the animas river, turns out the eps was dumping this stuff for years probably because the cost to pump and truck it out was so high.

Owner of the mine said the waste there was not from his operation but from another near by mine the epa was responsible for.

If this was a mining company doing this the epa would be out here in force making them clean it up and pay for damages. Since it's the epa doing it silence and denials .

This is the sort of stuff you expect to hear only in Mainland China. But the good news is that even over there 'regular folk' are standing up to the government and toxic dumpers. Just finished a book "Barefoot Lawyer" by Guancheng Chen (reversed name in Chinese). He was born in a poor village, blinded at early age because his family couldn't afford medical care. Anyway, he grew up basically self taught and by his dad, and became the country legal expert and challenged the government at great personal sacrifice ... imprisoned for years, plus after that house arrest for his family, too. Christian Bale stopped by to shake his hand, since he was in China filming, but was 'roughed up' by guards. They had a slew of guards guarding the village day and night. Chen escaped the village by himself... imagine, a blind man eluding all those guards. Bale's comments in the book. :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

President Obama declared ISIS was “contained” Friday morning, hours ahead of simultaneous attacks reportedly carried out by ISIS in Paris left at least 140 people dead.

In an interview with George Stephanopolous on “Good Morning America,” Obama asserted that ISIS was not gaining strength and that “we have contained them.”

“We’ve always understood that our goal has to be militarily constraining ISIL’s capabilities, cutting off their supply lines, cutting off their financing,” he said.

When Stephanopolous suggested ISIS was gaining strength, Obama pushed back.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was afraid right after 9/11 this kind of attack would happen in the USA

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Breaking News Thread

Post by Omega »

commander0077again wrote:
Omega wrote:About the epa dumping toxins in the animas river, turns out the eps was dumping this stuff for years probably because the cost to pump and truck it out was so high.

This is the sort of stuff you expect to hear only in Mainland China. But the good news is that even over there 'regular folk' are standing up to the government and toxic dumpers. Just finished a book "Barefoot Lawyer" by Guancheng Chen (reversed name in Chinese). He was born in a poor village, blinded at early age because his family couldn't afford medical care. Anyway, he grew up basically self taught and by his dad, and became the country legal expert and challenged the government at great personal sacrifice ... imprisoned for years, plus after that house arrest for his family, too. Christian Bale stopped by to shake his hand, since he was in China filming, but was 'roughed up' by guards. They had a slew of guards guarding the village day and night. Chen escaped the village by himself... imagine, a blind man eluding all those guards. Bale's comments in the book. :cake:
you are right it does sound like a story from China .
Christian bale was roughed up by the guards?
Sounds like an inspiring story , the self taught lawyer not roughing up bale. ;)

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:I was afraid right after 9/11 this kind of attack would happen in the USA

How dumb does Oh-bama look on the same day he said on tv that Isis was contained, and this happens after he called them a J.V. entity months ago :?: :!: This will reframe the Presidential election debates here BIG TIME now. It appears Oh-bama's military advisors are fed up with his lack of grasping the gravity of the worldwide threats that are out there.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Breaking News Thread

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:I was afraid right after 9/11 this kind of attack would happen in the USA

How dumb does Oh-bama look on the same day he said on tv that Isis was contained, and this happens after he called them a J.V. entity months ago :?: :!: This will reframe the Presidential election debates here BIG TIME now.
trump now holds the high ground on immigration .

Top security people in the us government already admitted we can vett the small number of Syrian refugees we took on,
Forget about all the people coming in because the southern or northern border are unsecured,

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So 128 people die and all you can think about is how it boosts Trump's election chances?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Breaking News Thread

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:So 128 people die and all you can think about is how it boosts Trump's election chances?
no. Bj said it changes the presidential election and that's why I said it. I have more on my mind than trump, Ive said a good piece of it here.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

France now has global ramifications. I live in NYC. I lived through 911 personally. My close friend was driving out of the World Trade Center basement as it was hit :!: He worked for the Port Authority of NY-NJ and got away safe. The tragedy in France now brings this crisis to the forefront. The next President and leaders of all countries MUST now address how they will lead in their anti-terrorism efforts.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

What upsets me (obviously aside from the attacks) is the narrative the French people are in a sense to blame for clinging to their romantic 19th century notion of personal privacy in the 21st century world where they should be willing to forgo these notions for the warmfuzzy feeling being under the "supervision" of the police state gives. Their lack of CCTVs and failure to approve further powers for the police are primary reasons for the failures in intelligence.

Except places with massive surveillance and carte blanche violations of privacy do not do any better at preventing these sorts of tragedies. To me the 9/11s, 11-Ms, 7/7s and now 11/13s are unthinkable until they happen. Those attempts which are thwarted are more dumb luck than efficient surveillance. I think the governments are comforted by intrusive surveillance because after the fact they have more tools to work with to backtrack the evil doers, also to say they are working hard at protecting even if it is more for show than reality.

It is an unbelievable tragedy I simply can not fathom the loss so many families are experiencing, I can only offer my sincerest condolences.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Showtime will air a documentary soon that states Bush KNEW 2 MONTHS BEFORE 9/11 happened that Al Qaida was planning a massive USA attack :!: Trump brought out the fact that Bush was lax on this and he was ridiculed by Bush's neo-conservative right wing press flunkies as ridiculous. Well, let's see who was right when it airs. Trump also said that NO Syrians should be allowed into the USA because they cannot be vetted properly. Well, one the French terrorist was a Syrian who just arrived in France 6 WEEKS AGO :!: You may hate Trump's manner of style of politics, but when it comes to ACTUAL issues he is nailing it on the head and is now way in front in the Republican polling from last week. Trump/Cruz should be the ticket. Hillary was a joke last night in the Saturday night (of all nights) debate here.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

I was watching the play by play of the Paris attacks the other night. Absolutely horrifying! It is miracle people managed to escape with their lives.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The UK had better be under strict watch now too. Here in NYC police are at most bridges and tunnels but the subways are still more vulnerable. You cannot anticipate what animals plot. You have to do surveillance on them and do whatever is required to stop them if possible.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Jimmy Hill.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »