The food thread

News and other Non-Bond Discussions

Re: The food thread

Postby Kristatos » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Talking of foods you can only get on one side of the Atlantic, today I've developed a sudden craving for clam chowder (the creamy New England type, not the tomato-based Manhattan kind). Don't think I've ever seen it for sale in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby kater23 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 am

If you're ever in my neck of the woods,I'll take you to a place that has the BEST clam chowder(I consider myself a clam chowder expert!)
The poster formerly known as Katied :)
kater23
Moneypenny

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm

European Union to ban calling meat free items burgers, sausages etc. We are not allowed to call soya milk "milk" now.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/apr/04/eu-to-ban-non-meat-product-labels-veggie-burgers-and-vegan-steaks

Veggie burgers are for the chop, a Brussels committee has decreed, to be replaced by the less palatable-sounding “veggie discs”.

And it won’t be just bean or mushroom burgers condemned to the food bin of history. Vegan sausages, tofu steaks and soya escalopes could all be approaching their ultimate best-before date, after a vote in the European parliament on revisions to a food-labelling regulation.

In a move that some MEPs suspect bears the fingerprints of the meat industry, the parliament’s agriculture committee this week approved a ban on producers of vegetarian food using nomenclature usually deployed to describe meat.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby carl stromberg » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:European Union to ban calling meat free items burgers, sausages etc. We are not allowed to call soya milk "milk" now.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/apr/04/eu-to-ban-non-meat-product-labels-veggie-burgers-and-vegan-steaks

Veggie burgers are for the chop, a Brussels committee has decreed, to be replaced by the less palatable-sounding “veggie discs”.

And it won’t be just bean or mushroom burgers condemned to the food bin of history. Vegan sausages, tofu steaks and soya escalopes could all be approaching their ultimate best-before date, after a vote in the European parliament on revisions to a food-labelling regulation.

In a move that some MEPs suspect bears the fingerprints of the meat industry, the parliament’s agriculture committee this week approved a ban on producers of vegetarian food using nomenclature usually deployed to describe meat.

Nigel Farage will be back to vote against it. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence

Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Postby kater23 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Had Greek coffee on my most recent cruise..that’ll wake you up REAL quick! :clap:
The poster formerly known as Katied :)
kater23
Moneypenny

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Previous

Return to Off-topic