The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Hmmm. Whilst it sounds kind of plausible, I've heard too many bulls**t rumours from people who "know people in the movie business" to take this sort of stuff seriously without corroboration.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

More Cr-egg? Where are they going with that? Another decade until Broccoli's eyesight is restored?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Sound more plausible than most. However 2019 for the next 007 film is a bit fanciful, will the studio and other backers not start to be miffed at having to wait half a decade for another movie? I have no doubt EON and Craig like the work when we feel like it ethic however 007 is multifaceted a business, a lot depends on the marketing of the movies. I'm just not sure 2019 or 2020 is a viable, it may be what ends up happening just from how dysfunctional EON is.

I also do not see Sam and Daniel cobbling together anything meaningful, each time Daniel has put his best foot forward calming essentially he put all his extensive Bond knowledge in the movie it is a turkey.
If EON is holding it's breath waiting on Daniel, the movie franchise is in a lot of trouble. They should be looking at casting and new stories which does not depends on Daniel's Cro-Magnon Bond, even if they end up using it years later. If they wanted they could have a movie out by October 2017, they probably shouldn't as it would be rubbish, however putting a new star and cast together it could happen if only they had a story.
James wrote:Some gossip on reddit.

I know people in London who work in the film industry. I was at a function the other day and heard a few things which back up comments I've been hearing.

A treatment by Purvis & Wade, and Steven Knight has been thrown out.

EON are meeting directors but only on a speculatively basis. Numerous people have gone in, despite previous commitments. Eg; I know for fact that Colin Trevorrow met with EON in the last few weeks (despite being tied up till 2019 on Star Wars).

Sam Mendes apparently has an "idea" for Bond 25. It's something that has the backing of Daniel Craig.

I presume Mendes is working with Jez Butterworth on the "idea" (this is a guess by me as I know they're doing a play together next year).

I've heard the agreement is Mendes and Craig will develop the idea and if it comes together they'll return. If they can't get it to work, they will leave as planned.

No word on release date. But considering the original script as been abandoned and Mendes is working from scratch, it would seem that 2019 is most likely. Mendes will shoot Beautiful Ruins first in August next year.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

If hey keep waiting for Daniel Craig, they'll need to chip in for the inevitable facelifts. And the Depends.And the Geritol. :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote:Some gossip on reddit.

I know people in London who work in the film industry. I was at a function the other day and heard a few things which back up comments I've been hearing.

A treatment by Purvis & Wade, and Steven Knight has been thrown out.

EON are meeting directors but only on a speculatively basis. Numerous people have gone in, despite previous commitments. Eg; I know for fact that Colin Trevorrow met with EON in the last few weeks (despite being tied up till 2019 on Star Wars).

Sam Mendes apparently has an "idea" for Bond 25. It's something that has the backing of Daniel Craig.

I presume Mendes is working with Jez Butterworth on the "idea" (this is a guess by me as I know they're doing a play together next year).

I've heard the agreement is Mendes and Craig will develop the idea and if it comes together they'll return. If they can't get it to work, they will leave as planned.

No word on release date. But considering the original script as been abandoned and Mendes is working from scratch, it would seem that 2019 is most likely. Mendes will shoot Beautiful Ruins first in August next year.

As others have said seems somewhat plausible, also sounds like it could be the hopeful ramblings of a Craig fan. However considering Babz and EON's inability to move forward without riding the same old, worn out, beaten, dead horses as well as Mendes and Craig's desire for huge paydays it could be based in fact. As time passes the more it seems at least Craig will return, the entire world was all a-titter a few months ago over who the next Bond would be and EON pissed away the opportunity to cash in by making an exciting announcement. Instead they let it slip through their fingers letting Craig continue to molder on the slag heap of irreverence whilst whining on about how awful it is to be Bond.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

If they are waiting for Mendes and Craig to come up with another dismal idea for the film I wonder why are they even trying anymore...
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Mendes and Craig back for a payday in 2019? So predictable.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:If they are waiting for Mendes and Craig to come up with another dismal idea for the film I wonder why are they even trying anymore...
Because if they don't, how else are we going to find out about Bond's long lost foster sister Maria Von Oberhauser who joined a convent before meeting a count and fleeing Austria, or his great great foster grandfather Baron Ludwig Oberhauser who built a castle high up in the Bavarian mountains before going mad, or foster uncle Colonel Klink Oberhauser who ran the wackiest POW camp in WW2?!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
Veronica wrote:If they are waiting for Mendes and Craig to come up with another dismal idea for the film I wonder why are they even trying anymore...
Because if they don't, how else are we going to find out about Bond's long lost foster sister Maria Von Oberhauser who joined a convent before meeting a count and fleeing Austria, or his great great foster grandfather Baron Ludwig Oberhauser who built a castle high up in the Bavarian mountains before going mad, or foster uncle Colonel Klink Oberhauser who ran the wackiest POW camp in WW2?!
Oh,right how could I forget? We NEED to SEE this deep and meaningful character devolpment... :mrgreen:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Best movie couples

Look who is at no.9 spot...how did they even end up on this list,let alone so high,is beyond me. I like to think I'm usually good at detecting chemistry (or lack of) between two people but this seems to be the case where everyone else sees it and I just don't.Craig even appears two times on this list...how on earth is that possible?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
You've obviously never read any Flemming, otherwise you would know that this is totally getting back to Flemming's Bond.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fresh off the presses, Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc. has announced that their “Wizarding World of J.K. Rowling” prequel, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, has crossed the $500 million mark after two weeks of global release. With $161 million domestic, it is already the ninth-biggest domestic release of 2016. By today, it will cross the $162.1m total of Jason Bourne and enter the top 10 list of 2016′s biggest domestic earners.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: You've obviously never read any Flemming, otherwise you would know that this is totally getting back to Flemming's Bond.
So true Kris, I am but a simple philestine who wouldn't know true Flemming if he jumped up and bit me!

Love the double M's BTW!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

How Donald Trump :shock: :shock: :shock: and Brexit will affect James Bond: The UK’s cyber-security defenses face further challenges as industrial espionage and military and intelligence hacking intensifies. Whether he will inhabit a filmic world in which the UK is no longer a member of the European Union and Donald Trump is the US president is yet to be seen – but if so, what a different world it will be. Bond’s mission is likely to involve the navigation of an increasingly porous Europe, vulnerable to malign influences from a resurgent Russia. The UK’s cyber-security defenses face further challenges as industrial espionage and military and intelligence hacking intensifies. Bond is going to have his work cut out for him. This sense of unease with the UK-US relationship is sure to only increase with Trump as president. He may prime his administration to insulate and isolate the United States from forms of globalization that are antithetical America’s recovery to “greatness”. America (as represented through the CIA) may well not want to work with Bond/M16 and share its resources and intelligence as part of a new directive to #MakeAmericaGreatAgain. The storyline of future James Bond movie is being discussed. According to Independent, it's possible that the newly elected US President Donald Trump and the fact that the United Kingdom withdrawn from the European Union will affect the future Bond movie........The former 007 agent, Roger Moore, admitted that he is open to possibility of making a cameo appearance in another James Bond movie. He said that his cameo in the upcoming movie will allow him to "expand the family coffers."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: You've obviously never read any Flemming, otherwise you would know that this is totally getting back to Flemming's Bond.
So true Kris, I am but a simple philestine who wouldn't know true Flemming if he jumped up and bit me!

Love the double M's BTW!
"Flemming" is how Craigskis typically spell his name when they're berating others for not knowing that Bond is supposed to be a psychotic thug who slits women's throats as they sleep.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

I was picking up what you were putting down Kris, that's why I loved the double M's. :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I wasn't sure if I needed to explain it, but I figured that even if you understood it, somebody else reading it might not.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

As an aside, today, Dec. 1, is the 20th anniversary of The Man From UNCLE episode guide, one of the first UNCLE websites.

https://uncleepisodeguide.wordpress.com/

Here's a retrospective.

http://bit.ly/2gBzLxr
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

WB's Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them dropped 59% compared to last weekend, bringing in an estimated $18.5 million for a domestic cume that now totals $183.5 million, tenth largest among all 2016 releases. Added to that, Beasts brought in an impressive $60.4 million internationally this weekend from 67 markets. It's overseas total now totals $424.4 million for a worldwide gross topping $607 million making it the tenth largest worldwide release of 2016 so far! :yay:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Motor News: Aston Martin unveils new Vanquish S http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/news/149 ... S/?ref=rss