The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

James wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/chri ... me-8719702

Chris Hemsworth is the NEW name in the frame to bag the role of James Bond

Thor star Chris Hemsworth should be the next James Bond – according to 007’s stunt double.

Bobby Holland Hanton, a stunt co-ordinator and professional stuntman labelled the Aussie hunk “head and shoulders” above the competition and said: “Chris is in a league of his own.”

Hemsworth would be the second Australian to play the character, after George Lazenby in 1969.

The award winning stuntman, who appeared on three Bond films alongside Daniel Craig explained: “I am in the middle of filming Thor Raganok with Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba. The buzz and my opinion is that it’s Chris Hemsworth for Bond. He would be perfect. I am not being biased in any way.

“I think he would be perfect for it, and he has got a fantastic English accent as everyone knows from his performance in Rush.

“He has obviously got the physical shape. Tom is also training and hard at it in his own gym, but Chris is in a league of his own when it comes to physique.”

“I was lucky enough to work on Skyfall and again Spectre. My experience on the Bond films are always great..

"I hope I get a chance to work on the next and to be Chris’ double as the new Bond.”
Now here is a perfect example of someone I thought would be to "big a star for Bond"

He's a good actor, I'd think he'd be too busy.
Bond used to demand first rights to the actors time, like we know they did for Brosnan and Craig, craig even blamed bond for him not getting work. Bond taking second seat to another series is strange to me. Maybe it's the new reality of Hollywood, if it is there's no reason superman couldn't be in the running as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Chris Hemsworth? Could he be any blander? And blonder?
I guess he is good-looking but he doesn't have a Bond look,charisma or suaveness. He is just bland IMO.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

So was the stunt man saying all this from under his SPECTRE Craig mask? Or since he's working with and championing for Hemsworth was it his mask he was wearing? Seriously though I doubt this gent has any real insight on the matter, rather is just trying to drum up excitement for another bulky blond actor to take over so he doesn't lose his job.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The next big screen take on the Wizarding World created by JK Rowling, Warner Bros’ David Yates-directed Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, is due out on November 18 this year. The studio has now announced that the second film in the series about Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) is in the works with a November 16, 2018 release date set. Rowling, who made her screenwriting debut on the upcoming first Fantastic Beasts, will pen the next film and Yates is also returning. Further reuniting are producers David Heyman, Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram. Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen are exec producers. Fantastic Beasts focuses on Redmayne’s preeminent “magizoologist” Newt Scamander, who stops in New York following his travels to find and document magical creatures. The second movie will move deeper into an increasingly dark time for the Wizarding World, where Newt and other heroes have to decide on their allegiances. The upcoming Fantastic Beasts is not a sequel or a prequel to the Potter adventures, but kicks off 70 years before Harry’s story starts. The series will incorporate magical creatures and characters from the Potter mythology. [video][/video] FBF, :up: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: Get ready for the wizard world to return :!:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:The next big screen take on the Wizarding World created by JK Rowling, Warner Bros’ David Yates-directed Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, is due out on November 18 this year. The studio has now announced that the second film in the series about Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) is in the works with a November 16, 2018 release date set. Rowling, who made her screenwriting debut on the upcoming first Fantastic Beasts, will pen the next film and Yates is also returning. Further reuniting are producers David Heyman, Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram. Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen are exec producers. Fantastic Beasts focuses on Redmayne’s preeminent “magizoologist” Newt Scamander, who stops in New York following his travels to find and document magical creatures. The second movie will move deeper into an increasingly dark time for the Wizarding World, where Newt and other heroes have to decide on their allegiances. The upcoming Fantastic Beasts is not a sequel or a prequel to the Potter adventures, but kicks off 70 years before Harry’s story starts. The series will incorporate magical creatures and characters from the Potter mythology. [video][/video] FBF, :up: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: :happy spin: Get ready for the wizard world to return :!:
Fantastic Beast better not be The Phantom Menace of the Wizarding World to the public.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I expect you to see it 11 times!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:I expect you to see it 11 times!
For the last time, I only do that for finales.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

10 times?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

5 times.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

That's good enough! It will be a smash!
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I saw Episode VII 5 times in theaters as SW is one of my top 10 franchises (JK Rowling's WW is one of them), and 5 is the number of viewings when it comes to that.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I promise this is the last time I'll mention Pulp Adventures #22, but it's now available in Kindle format. Don't forget to leave a review. Also Smashwords, whatever that is.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Just finished watching the first episode of "And Then There Were None". At one point Turner introduces himself as:"Lombard.Phillip." He should've said Lombard one more time. That would have been perfectly appropriate since he is so d**n dashing in a tux. 8) When he walked around in a tux he looked so Bondian I could almost hear a Bond theme in the backround. :martini: :cig:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Napoleon Solo wrote:FWIW, something from Radar Online

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/s ... ond-films/
How the hell do you "phase in" a new Bond? I wouldn't be surprised if Sony wanted to keep Craig, though, even as everyone is on tenterhooks waiting to hear who is going to replace him.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Why would anyone in their right mind throw that kind of amount of money at Craig? It's not like he's a major star like Depp or Di Caprio. Everything with him outside Bond bombed plain and simple. Bond movies with him were financial success because of a James Bond title not high and mighty Daniel Craig.
Not to mention he said he would return only and ONLY for the money. So what you have here is a guy with zero star power or charisma who said that and now you throw 150$ million at him? Sounds completely crazy.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sony didn't make that much from their partnership, besides its not up to them who bond is but babs is or was crazy for Craig.

I think if he returns it will be a disappointment for motive goers in general at this point. There is so much hype about casting bringing back a old bond no matter who is anticlimactic. Beside Craig pretty much pissed on the series IMO.

How do you "phase in a younger bond" a second movie series ?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Suicide squad is still hanging in there at the top. Wow!

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:FWIW, something from Radar Online

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/s ... ond-films/
It will be interesting to see if the Sony rumor is correct. What was the other place who had a rumor about Sony coming back as distributor and partner?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Here is another gold member spectre comparison .

I disagree with is kiss ass Craig assessment but it is another in a long long if reviews call out eon for copying Austin powers.

http://screencrush.com/goldmember-spectre-same-twist/