The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Star Trek Beyond is a BUST: worldwide: only $214,901,647 Good riddance to PC themes being interwoven into classic sci-fy films. This film deserved to be killed off at the box office. I hope the franchise is finished now for good :!: :down:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Image )
Pulp Adventures #22: The Great Green Blight (Volume 22) featuring our very own Kris is up on Amazon.com. (Kris is the guy in green apparently. :)
Pulp Adventures #22: The Great Green Blight : A Bondsman in the Land of Egypt (Volume 22)
I've already purchased my copy and have sent it off to be bronzed :D Also asked they make a epub of it available as well.
A Bondsman in the Land of Egypt PAGE 74
Movie-making in an exotic local, and a crook on the run
Sooo, it is about our favorite lady producer.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

BOM: 'Suicide Squad' Threepeats at #1, While 'Ben-Hur' Becomes Latest Big Budget Flop (as we predicted here for Ben-Hur.) Narrowly finishing in fifth place, Paramount and MGM's $100 million budgeted remake Ben-Hur proved a box office bust, delivering an estimated $11.35 million. While being savaged by the majority of critics the film did score an "A-" CinemaScore with opening day audiences, though an opening number that small is unlikely to translate into any kind of long legs. The film's opening weekend demographic was 51% female vs. 49% male with 94% of the overall audience coming in over the age of 25.

Ben-Hur also launched in 23 international markets this weekend where it brought in an estimated $10.7 million..........the 1959 CLASSIC finished it's run with a DOMESTIC total of $74,000,000 :!: This repugnant incarnation won't come close to that total from 57 years ago! :cheers: The hell with Morgan Freeman and this remake!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There are stories about "is this the end of Hollywood faith movies"
Thing is the movie looked like crap from the ads, I don't know what angel they were trying to sell. They kept talking about revenge. So is that supposed to be faith biased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Goldeneye wrote: Pulp Adventures #22: The Great Green Blight (Volume 22) featuring our very own Kris is up on Amazon.com. (Kris is the guy in green apparently. :)
d**n paparazzi. Surely what me and the Mrs get up to at weekends should be our own business.
(Edited to add: I believe the ebook version is out at the end of the month).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

More Hollywood PC nonsense :!: :cry: ---------Zendaya's role in the newest Spider-Man reboot has been revealed and it's making history. The Wrap reported Zendaya Coleman, the 19-year-old star of Disney Channel's "Shake It Up," and "K.C. Undercover," will play Mary Jane Watson in the newest Spider-Man film. She'll star opposite British actor, Tom Holland, who made his Spider-man debut in Disney/ Marvel's "Captain America: Civil War" earlier this year. The announcement makes Zendaya the first African American woman to play Peter Parker's love interest on screen. Spidey fans criticized the casting choice because she isn't white and she doesn't have red hair. --------------chloeee metton @metton_chloeee
I don't think changing the ethnicity, gender, or personality of an iconic character is a good idea. Create new characters.------------------Sam Weston @AwSamWeston
How much you wanna bet Zendaya is playing Black Mary Jane because Disney wants to be "progressive" but can't stand being original?-----------this is ridiculous! Garfield the Cat wanted his Spidey to be gay and now they are making Mary Jane Watson black because it's inclusive? Really? The hell with that franchise now too :!: STOP redefining white roles for black actors to justify inclusion :!: As the 2 tweets above show, why can't NEW black characters be created by Hollywood who stand on their own merits? Star Trek making Sulu gay and Spock in a relationship with Uhura? Now this? :down:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Might as well make James Bond 5'5''. The Bond franchise is too far gone to be saved.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Star Trek Beyond is a BUST: worldwide: only $214,901,647 Good riddance to PC themes being interwoven into classic sci-fy films. This film deserved to be killed off at the box office. I hope the franchise is finished now for good :!: :down:
they've already gave four the go. May never happen the November man sequel, odds are it is. Biggest loss is there is no China or Japan in its no yet.

I thought it was a better movie than the last two and the trek movies have never been great BO.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Omega wrote:F'ing jocks lying about the being robbed in rio .

When I first saw your post I thought "what Scottish people have been robbed in Rio?". Then I remembered the swimmers. :D
no it's that jerk American swimmer. I have not watched the summer olymipcs in a long time. But what bugs me is how they try to build these guys up like all the care about is God, country, and swimming. When they a jock bullies used to their whole school sports budget being spent on they so they can have a pool big enough to practice for the championship.

The less know athletes probably have a real down to earth story but the big names are papered spoiled kids, who act like this on a field trip.

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

FormerBondFan wrote:Might as well make James Bond 5'5''. The Bond franchise is too far gone to be saved.
He is :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

This PC nonsense is really getting on my nerves.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

carl stromberg wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:Might as well make James Bond 5'5''. The Bond franchise is too far gone to be saved.
He is :wink:
I meant making Bond even shorter.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:This PC nonsense is really getting on my nerves.
You said a mouthful V. It's either a needless remake of old classic and better made films, or retool iconic roles with different ethnicities to be politically inclusive, never mind it contradicts with the established characters as was written in the comic books or in novels. Perhaps Will Smith should be the next Superman too?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Perhaps Will Smith should be the next Superman too?
Or Fat Seagal as Batman.

Last edited by FormerBondFan on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think part of the problem is that people won't take a chance on anything that isn't based on an existing property. So the only way to create better roles for female and/or nonwhite actors is by gender or racebending existing characters, rather than creating new iconic characters for them.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Political Correctness is about the idea that there are no differences between people, a movie character for example can have any ethnicity or race whatsoever, even if the character originally was white back in the days when political correctness didn't have as much power.

We are all the same all of us, there aren't even supposed to be any genders anymore according to political correctness.

I could talk more about this but I suppose you don't want this forum to turn into a political forum.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Why not Count, it's relates to these classic film franchises and Hollywood's mindset.............MeTV channel news: The 50th anniversary of Star Trek is almost here. Well, the official date. The original series premiered on September 8, 1966. But the world has been celebrating throughout 2016 — and that will continue through 2017 with the new series and upcoming cruise.

As we are the home of The Original Series, which airs weekly as part of Super Sci-Fi Saturday Night, MeTV is celebrating with two special broadcasts on Saturday, September 10.

First, at 9PM | 8C, we will air the first broadcast episode of Star Trek, "The Man Trap," in its regular time slot.

Stay tuned afterward at 10PM | 9C for a very special episode of Svengoolie, in which the beloved horror host will present the rarely aired original Star Trek pilot, "The Cage."

As you may know, there were two Star Trek pilots made. The original was rejected, and the series might never have made it to air without the backing of producer Lucille Ball. There are some fascinating differences between "The Cage" in 1965 and what would follow in 1966. For starters, there is no Captain Kirk. Christopher Pike (Jeffrey Hunter) is leading the Enterprise. Leonard Nimoy is there as Spock, alongside "Number One," played by Majel Barrett, the wife of Gene Roddenberry.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Aw man! There was almost a real GoldenEye 64 HD for the Xbox 360.
It was very close to finished and happening but MS couldn't reach a licensing agreement with Nintendo

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/24/12620 ... make-video

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Jack Huston favourite for Bond (according to the East Anglian press).

http://www.edp24.co.uk/goingout/norfolk ... _1_4668311

Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I think NOT :!: It's Turner or bust and FBF will agree most certainly.