The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

While the potential exists for some backloading to next week thanks to the calendar alignment of Independence Day itself, poor word of mouth (42 percent on Flixster) and reviews (34 percent from critics) may kill that notion.........Fox’s Independence Day Resurgence has landed with a $102.13M start overseas. The 20-years-later sequel invaded 57 markets and is the No. 1 movie overall at the international box office. Out of the 57 starts, IDR took No. 1s in 40. The rollout covered 70% of the offshore footprint and includes seven of the Top 10 markets. The opening figure falls within the range we were hearing ahead of the weekend.......Taking second was Fox's Independence Day: Resurgence, which carries a reported budget of $165 million and opened with an estimated $41.6 million. Coupled with negative reviews and a so-so "B" CinemaScore this one may have a tough time doing anything more than $100-110 million domestically. Demographically, Resurgence played to an audience that was 58% male vs 42% female, with 64% over the age of 25.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can now add "pulp fiction writer" to my CV. I just sold a short story to Pulp Adventures magazine, which mixes reprints of stories from the golden era of the pulps with new fiction written in the same style. A Bondsman In The Land of Egypt will appear in #22 of the magazine, published by Bold Venture Press in August. It's a lot more fun than Craig-era Bond. I think you peeps will enjoy it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:I can now add "pulp fiction writer" to my CV. I just sold a short story to Pulp Adventures magazine, which mixes reprints of stories from the golden era of the pulps with new fiction written in the same style. A Bondsman In The Land of Egypt will appear in #22 of the magazine, published by Bold Venture Press in August. It's a lot more fun than Craig-era Bond. I think you peeps will enjoy it.
:cheers: :cheers:

Pulp short stories are wonderful. I''m a big van of the Pan Book of Horror series.:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:I can now add "pulp fiction writer" to my CV. I just sold a short story to Pulp Adventures magazine, which mixes reprints of stories from the golden era of the pulps with new fiction written in the same style. A Bondsman In The Land of Egypt will appear in #22 of the magazine, published by Bold Venture Press in August. It's a lot more fun than Craig-era Bond. I think you peeps will enjoy it.

Congrats Kris! :cheers: I don't know how easy it is to get in the states, but I'll keep my eye out for it on the interwebs!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's an American magazine, so the print edition is probably easier to find there than here. The Kindle edition, of course, can be bought anywhere.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Perfect! I'm definitely going to pick up a copy then!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

congradulations! is it available online or in the states ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Omega on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

See above.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Independence Day: Resurgence added nearly $100 million to it's domestic total from overseas grosses, including $37 million from China, according to Box Office Mojo. I have no idea whether that's good or bad, sorry.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

37 million from China is not bad, for marvel and bond that can be the first weekend . Spectre was $44 million skyfall $34, BvS $55 , Godzilla $37,

Its not great but shows some potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

:cheers: Sweet!
Is this the publication? I think it is from the publication #.
https://www.amazon.com/Pulp-Adventures- ... Adventures
http://www.boldventurepress.com/booksPA.html
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The very same.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Good luck Mark Twain Kristatos :!: :yay:----------Daniel Craig signs another film, really looks like he’s done with Bond. Actor Daniel Craig is in talks to star alongside Halle Berry in the upcoming film Kings. The film is an independent drama set against the backdrop of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, reports variety.com. Mustang director Deniz Gamze Erguven will helm Kings from her own script. The film will mark her English-language debut.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote:Good luck Mark Twain Kristatos :!: :yay:----------Daniel Craig signs another film, really looks like he’s done with Bond. Actor Daniel Craig is in talks to star alongside Halle Berry in the upcoming film Kings. The film is an independent drama set against the backdrop of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, reports variety.com. Mustang director Deniz Gamze Erguven will helm Kings from her own script. The film will mark her English-language debut.
Poor woman will have her debut ruined by Craig.

Good it appears Craig is moving on, I'm worried about his replacement Babs does not have a good track record. I read something about her choices going back decades before her word carried any weight. Nothing against those actors more a indictment against Babs common sense casting Bond.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I know she wanted Sean Bean for Bond. If she'd had her way, would Bond have died in Goldeneye?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Yes. Bean is NOT Bond either.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Kristatos wrote:I know she wanted Sean Bean for Bond. If she'd had her way, would Bond have died in Goldeneye?
What my recollection is based on is a story about possible Bonds some of the names she suggested in the late 70's early 80's were I want to say popular actors on TV but I can't give you the names because it is just knowledge in passing. What bothered me about the names while they were good actors they were not Bond, take Sean Bean for instance (because I can't remember the other names) he was a popular actor on TV in the 90's, even a sex symbol, a great 006 and a poor choice for 007. Appears to be her forte.

So in the Kristatos multiverse Bean is 007 and nasty dark haired 006 crushes him to death? In the observatory with the satellite dish?
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

DB latest rant is on the front page http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... he-formula.
Should we open the comment section to be more liberal? At the moment it has to be approved by someone before a comment can be seen, should we allow facebook login and the such to encourage comments?

Honestly the reason it was the way it is goes back a decade when we were spammed by Sony's motion picture division.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Says 404 not found when I click on it :shock:

But I think the way it is is fine. We haven't had any issues with spamming/rogue Craigskis for a while.Let's keep it that way. :up: :up: :up: :up:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

kater23 wrote:Says 404 not found when I click on it :shock:

But I think the way it is is fine. We haven't had any issues with spamming/rogue Craigskis for a while.Let's keep it that way. :up: :up: :up: :up:
That was embarrassing.
http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... e-formula/

I turned on the comment section freedom. We'll see if it gets abused.
It will be fun to have a spin on the main page instead of just the forum. :cheers: