The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Omega wrote:Just left xmen apocalypse.
Did not suck and does not deserve the rotten rating on RT.

It fits in well with the other movies. Better than BvS and last few bond movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder how MCU/X-Men crossover will work.
not very well because quicksilver and scarlet witch are doubled up on. Although they killed off MCU version of quicksilver and didn't show the scarlet witch in apocalypse .

Problem with MCU is it was deliberately developed in a world without mutant powers. Everything is infinity stone based.
Besides I alway thought xmen did better separately. Hunting down Peter Parker because they believe he is a mutant doesn't work really well in the spider man universe and the crossovers with deadpool and wolverine were fun for the fan but not good story telling.

............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

No comment
with the most pressing matter being the future of Warners' DC Comics movies. Producer Charles Roven — having worked on each DC movie since 2005's Batman Begins — is being transitioned into a different role after the relative disappointment of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice; Ben Affleck is taking on more responsibility for the Batman movies; and Jon Berg and Geoff Johns have been promoted to run a new unit called DC Films. But what about Zack Snyder, who actually directed and produced BvS and is now at work on two Justice League movies? Will he ultimately be edged aside

James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05- ... sam-mendes

Night Manager director in the frame to take over James Bond films from Sam Mendes

Exclusive: Susanne Bier, who directed Tom Hiddleston in the BBC spy drama, is believed to have been shortlisted for the Bond job, and would be the first woman in charge of a 007 movie...

Tom Hiddleston’s hands have moved a little closer to James Bond’s Walther PKK pistol with the revelation that Night Manager director Susanne Bier is one of the leading contenders to take over from Sam Mendes on the next 007 film.

Sources close to Bond producers Eon tell RadioTimes.com that Bier is among a “handful” of names making up producer Barbara Broccoli’s shortlist to inherit the directing gig from Mendes.

If Bier gets the job it would make her the first woman ever to helm a James Bond movie – and would also vastly increase the chances of the already hotly-tipped Hiddleston getting the role of Bond thanks to the pair's previous working relationship.

Bier directed Hiddleston in acclaimed espionage drama series The Night Manager, which aired earlier this year on BBC1, and has spoken of her huge admiration for the star.

“There's a certain incredibly enigmatic quality to his eyes," she told an interviewer.

"You aren't sure you can trust him, but you are sure there is a pain there that he doesn’t show. He's so immaculate and fun and elegant and charming, and there is somewhere inside of him a painfulness, which I think for most women, is irresistible."

For many Bond watchers, Hiddleston’s role in The Night Manager was a virtual audition for the part.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Know what's sad is it seems like all babs is capiable of is recycling what she sees on tv

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Know what's sad is it seems like all babs is capiable of is recycling what she sees on tv

Yeah hit the nail on the head there O, too bad she doesn't pop on a Bond marathon now and then to remind her of what she's supposed to be making!

James wrote:“There's a certain incredibly enigmatic quality to his eyes," she told an interviewer.

"You aren't sure you can trust him, but you are sure there is a pain there that he doesn’t show. He's so immaculate and fun and elegant and charming, and there is somewhere inside of him a painfulness, which I think for most women, is irresistible."[/i]
She's a shoe in for the role, girl power and all that, plus with that comment above, she's down with all the "pained warrior" B.S. we've been subjected to the last decade! Guess you can say the groundhog saw his shadow and they'll be 10 more years of entertainment winter!

Also since when has Bond become synonymous with teary, painful melodrama, remember when he was fun?! A rhetorical question I know!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Oooh,the pain he doesn't show. Oh the mystery!! It's like Barbara already has Bier on a remote control because this is exactly what she would say. ENOUGH OF THAT BS ALREADY!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Forget the franchise. It's over if this occurs. Broccoli has ruined it for good.....................'Daniel Craig is expected to confirm his departure from the role of 007 soon meaning that Broccoli has to find a new star and director for the next movie'..............Asked who would take over as Bond, Mendes said: "I can guarantee that whatever happens next it will not be what you expect. The truth is, here's the headline: It is not a democracy. It is not The X Factor. It is not the Euro Referendum. It is not a public vote, you know. "Barbara Broccoli chooses who is going to be the next Bond, end of story. And without that there would have been no Daniel Craig because public support for Daniel was zero. "It was her saying: 'That man over there, he's going to change the whole tenor, I'm going to cast him.' That turned the whole thing on its head."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Forget the franchise.
What I've been saying all these years. James Bond is NOT for us anymore.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: "Barbara Broccoli chooses who is going to be the next Bond, end of story. And without that there would have been no Daniel Craig because public support for Daniel was zero. "It was her saying: 'That man over there, he's going to change the whole tenor, I'm going to cast him.' That turned the whole thing on its head."
Hilarious how he says all that like it's a good thing!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Forget the franchise.
What I've been saying all these years. James Bond is NOT for us anymore.
You were prophetic FBF. IF Broccoli picks a female director, as well as an effeminate new Bond, and emasculates Bond even more, all to glorify her feminist view that all men are terrible and women should rule the world, the hell with this franchise :!: I will fight at your side FBF to DESTROY this franchise if these events occur shortly. I won't stand for another decade of garbage all due to a spoiled rich brat named Broccoli. Where is MGW? He is NEVER mentioned any longer.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Babs is never to be trusted, especially when she likes to rewrite history.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

At least Sam Mendes says that the casting of Daniel Craig changed Bond so it is not like Bond anymore.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Aidan is getting some buzz again.

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/why/

Aidan Turner is the brand new red-hot favourite to become the next 007 with Ladbrokes

In the last 24 hours an unprecedented gamble has taken place on the Poldark actor replacing Daniel Craig in the British Secret Service, and his odds have crashed into just even money from 4/1.

Tom Hiddleston is now left to sit in second spot at 11/10 followed by Tom Hardy at 6/1. It’s double figures apiece that Idris Elba (10/1) or Henry Cavill (14/1) start their new career as James Bond.

The bookies rate it a 12/1 shot any female actress is named as the spy rather than the traditional male actor.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Turner’s shaking and stirring up the next Bond market and we now have our sixth different favourite. Money’s pouring in and should it continue it won’t be long before he’s odds-on.”

Ladbrokes latest betting

Aidan Turner Evens
Tom Hiddleston 11/10
Tom Hardy 6/1
Idris Elba 10/1
Henry Cavill 14/1
Damian Lewis 16/1
Michael Fassbender 20/1
Jack O’Connell 20/1
Oliver Jackson-Cohen 25/1
33/1 bar
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

And celebrity insider showbiz gossip entity Popbitch is reporting that it's Turner and not Hiddleston who is really in final negotiations with EON. Take that with a pinch of salt.

http://popbitch.com/home/2000/01/01/latest-issue/
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I'm team turner

FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

James wrote:Aidan is getting some buzz again.

Aidan Turner is the brand new red-hot favourite to become the next 007 with Ladbrokes

In the last 24 hours an unprecedented gamble has taken place on the Poldark actor replacing Daniel Craig in the British Secret Service, and his odds have crashed into just even money from 4/1.

Tom Hiddleston is now left to sit in second spot at 11/10 followed by Tom Hardy at 6/1. It’s double figures apiece that Idris Elba (10/1) or Henry Cavill (14/1) start their new career as James Bond.

The bookies rate it a 12/1 shot any female actress is named as the spy rather than the traditional male actor.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Turner’s shaking and stirring up the next Bond market and we now have our sixth different favourite. Money’s pouring in and should it continue it won’t be long before he’s odds-on.”

Ladbrokes latest betting

Aidan Turner Evens
Tom Hiddleston 11/10
Tom Hardy 6/1
Idris Elba 10/1
Henry Cavill 14/1
Damian Lewis 16/1
Michael Fassbender 20/1
Jack O’Connell 20/1
33/1 bar
As long as Babs remains, there shall be a DC Bond Demolition Night (aka Order 66). Either you're in or a minion.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I'm Team Turner. And a minion. :evil:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I would love Turner as Bond but what are the odds Barbara stops this "character driven","serious" thing she started with Craig? I say not very good since she is desperate to be taken "seriously" by specific type of people in bussiness.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Turner does seem to have the look, but honestly at this point they could clone Sean Connery and I still wouldn't have much faith!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James wrote:Aidan is getting some buzz again.

Ladbrokes latest betting

Aidan Turner Evens
Tom Hiddleston 11/10
Tom Hardy 6/1
Idris Elba 10/1
Henry Cavill 14/1
Damian Lewis 16/1
Michael Fassbender 20/1
Jack O’Connell 20/1
33/1 bar
THIS is what I want to hear :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Go Aidan........Go :!: Now Broccoli may be using her brains instead of her loins :!: FBF, we may have a reprieve from Order 66 :!: