The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by carl stromberg »

Sam Mendes said the next Bond will be an "unexpected one". which reminded me of this:

[video][/video]
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:Barbara Broccoli doing unexpected things? Like,every time saying "this time we are going back to Fleming"? :wink: The next movie needs a classic Bond that will be introduced while in bed with a beautiful lady. If the franchise continues with an actor that's on the same level as Craig when it comes to suitability for the role like Jamie Bell then I think everything will be beyond repair.
I don't trust Babs, and neither should you. Bond isn't for us anymore.
Trust her? It's 50/50 now the choice will have a political statement written all over it with a press conference glorifying how "21st" century Boar-bara Broccoli is in her politics about the world and how her casting choice proves it as the liberal Hollywood press eats it up with front page news :!: I can read her nefarious and feminist mind. HER choice will be politically controversial :!: COUNT ON IT :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote:Sam Mendes said the next Bond will be an "unexpected one". which reminded me of this:

[video][/video]
When we talk about Craig being cast:"Yes!I freaking expected someone else!!!!"
But after ten years of this s**t nothing can suprise me anymore. I still have hope though,however small,that we might see a Bond movie that's actually a Bond movie again. But with Barbara being in charge...
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Veronica wrote:Barbara Broccoli doing unexpected things? Like,every time saying "this time we are going back to Fleming"? :wink: The next movie needs a classic Bond that will be introduced while in bed with a beautiful lady. If the franchise continues with an actor that's on the same level as Craig when it comes to suitability for the role like Jamie Bell then I think everything will be beyond repair.
Trust her? It's 50/50 now the choice will have a political statement written all over it with a press conference glorifying how "21st" century Boar-bara Broccoli is in her politics about the world and how her casting choice proves it as the liberal Hollywood press eats it up with front page news :!: I can read her nefarious and feminist mind. HER choice will be politically controversial :!: COUNT ON IT :!:
She's a psychotic dictator, and she even admits that she's a control freak. This is why we shouldn't be wasting our time rooting for the classic Bond actor to return. You said her choice will be controversial, and that's the point that I've been making.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

All you need to know about Mendes' huge ego is right here when he says, “I think it’s time for somebody else to do a great job.” Which infers Sammy himself did such a great job and now it's time to hand his masterpiece off to another to carry on his torch of greatness!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You said a mouthful DB and I agree with you. He praises himself and actually lives in Broccoli's delusional glass house where he is a creative genius for the franchise. I feel a DB rant brewing over the vegetable's sauteed choice coming real soon too :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
She's a psychotic dictator, and she even admits that she's a control freak. This is why we shouldn't be wasting our time rooting for the classic Bond actor to return. You said her choice will be controversial, and that's the point that I've been making.
You said it too FBF :!: SHE has TOTAL authority of the franchise and since SHE fired your Pierce, she has become arrogant and a creative failure, except in her and her minion's minds, right FBF? Her Imperious curse is finally wearing off of her minions as well.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:SHE has TOTAL authority of the franchise and since SHE fired your Pierce, she has become arrogant and a creative failure, except in her and her minion's minds, right FBF?
This is why it's not worth bringing back the traditional Bond actor based on the way she treated the last traditional Bond: dismissing him without a classic Bond (with the exception of GE), leaving the those minions to bash him like it's his fault even though he had no control over the content he was given. Two of DC Bonds got Oscars while none of Pierce's got any. Does that sound unfair? If it is, then anybody or anything can be Bond. You can cast Sheamus as the next Bond in an Oscar-nominated (or winning for that matter) Bond film. The point is that Babs is making Pierce's era as though that it never existed, and even if she cast Turner or some other traditional types as the next Bond, she will still treat Pierce's legacy as nonexistent. If she's wiping Pierce from the history books and rewrite history itself, she may as well do the same with Pierce's predecessors (especially Sean) by casting unconventional Bond actors. 5'7'' Bond. 6'6'' Bond. Black Bond. Tattooed Bond. You name them. James Bond is not for us anymore as long as Babs remains producer. I wouldn't be surprised if a much less Bond looking Bond actor ends up being the Bond, and this is what we should feed those minions with.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Tue May 31, 2016 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Craig films got two Oscars but each time it was for the best song. Critics praised Craig films but that was an empty praise. In the end it means nothing. These movies won't become classics in the real sense,they will be forgotten the second new Bond is announced.
QOS and SP are already forgotten along with Skyfall, the most overhyped movie of all time.Perhaps only CR won't be criticized although I would bash it without any apology.
Just that dialogue between Craig and Green gives me shivers.
The fact is...Barbara needs to go and somebody else should carry on the franchise. The problem is Barbara won't go since it's her legacy.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I've seen the table turn on cr slowly. But that's with my circle . I do think it doesn't hold up. My problem always was first 20 min of GE&tld sold me those guys were bond , cr ended without bond be showing up. Cr stand alone or maybe the Craig era if the name of the main character changes are they still bond movies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: ...the Craig era if the name of the main character changes are they still bond movies?

I've always said the same thing, if CR-SP had starred agent Joe Blow they would be interchangeable with any other generic action series.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: QOS and SP are already forgotten along with Skyfall, the most overhyped movie of all time.Perhaps only CR won't be criticized although I would bash it without any apology.
Craig may be left in the same position as Brosnan in that case, with his first film being praised, his last one trashed and the other two forgotten (I'm talking about the general consensus here, rather than my own personal opinion. For one thing, I prefer TND to GE, though I realise that I'm in a minority here).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Not only won't she dismiss Cr-egg with a short phone call ala Pierce, but she will BEG and GROVEL to her true lust to stay on for more films. What a spectacle she has become. Where is MGW? Remember the 2013 headline: 'He's the most gorgeous man in the world... and greatest Bond ever: Skyfall producer Barbara Broccoli gushes over 007 star Daniel Craig' :!: Image Gorgeous? Maybe through a broken prism lens--------- But for Daniel's predecessor, losing the part was a tough to swallow.
‘It hurt like hell, taking that phone call,’ Pierce Brosnan recalled. ‘I just said, “OK,” put the phone down and that was it. I wasn’t Bond any more." :cuss: Image Darth Broccoli:The face of cinematic evil :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The clamour for a more diverse portrayal of James Bond may have reached its peak with Dame Diana Rigg’s suggestion of a lesbian central character. The former Bond girl, whose character Teresa di Vicenzo married the spy in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, said she would be happy as long as there were still Bond girls. “A black Bond would be lovely,” she told the Radio Times.........these Hollywood idiots just don't get it :!: You DON'T reinvent an iconic literary and cinematic character just because you want to be politically correct :!: That RUINS the original intent of the creator, but jackasses like Rigg could care less. :cuss: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A lesbian central character? Yes, that's never been done before.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote: QOS and SP are already forgotten along with Skyfall, the most overhyped movie of all time.Perhaps only CR won't be criticized although I would bash it without any apology.
Craig may be left in the same position as Brosnan in that case, with his first film being praised, his last one trashed and the other two forgotten (I'm talking about the general consensus here, rather than my own personal opinion. For one thing, I prefer TND to GE, though I realise that I'm in a minority here).
I'm not sure if the general opinion is that SP is worse than QOS. QOS is horrendous in a way it's such a mess of a movie it's almost unbelieveable.
But at least it had a decency not to turn the most iconic Bond villain into Bond's brother. And it had a woman named Strawberry Fields.
Easily the best thing in the Craig era. It's a draw basically,SP has that dismal "twist" but QOS is dismal in a way it was marketed as a Bond film while in fact it was an anti-Bond film.

And the less said about that pretentious version of Batman with some deja vù's(and that eyebrow raising scene with Silva and Craig) the better.
I won't even start on CR where Craig plays poker. The movie also features a romance that is on par with the one from Twilight. Oh well,at least there was Caterina Murino...
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just left xmen apocalypse.
Did not suck and does not deserve the rotten rating on RT.

It fits in well with the other movies. Better than BvS and last few bond movies.

............ :007:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

As I've said before I'm not totally against a Bond of a "non white" race, if it were done the right way. (A tall order considering who's running EON) However I can absolutely see why so many are against it, and no it's not racism, quite the opposite in fact. What the social justice warriors of the world, most of whom stem from the U.S. forget is there is such a thing as "white culture". There are counties in this world where white people are indigenous (i.e. Britain) and they have their own cultures and heritage, of which Bond is a part of. Much has been made recently regarding "cultural appropriation" that is where one race practices customs of another race, it is depicted as an evil practice perpetrated by nasty people who want to destroy cultures by taking yoga classes and eating food other than hamburgers, and yet here we have the very same forward thinkers who denounce it, promoting it by pushing for a cultural icon to be made in to something it's not by members of another culture. I understand how folks want other races/sexual preferences to be "represented" in entertainment, but do they need to be represented at all times in all things?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If the liberals want a homosexual or non-white spy, fine. Go create a NEW fictional character and let them see who shows up to watch it. This notion of "shock" Bond casting has become obscene and intolerable. FBF is correct. Broccoli is out of her mind :!:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:Just left xmen apocalypse.
Did not suck and does not deserve the rotten rating on RT.

It fits in well with the other movies. Better than BvS and last few bond movies.

I wonder how MCU/X-Men crossover will work.