The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Hiddleston "confirmed to be in talks": http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/27/ ... or-bond-25 (we get a mention at the end).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:Hiddleston "confirmed to be in talks": http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/27/ ... or-bond-25 (we get a mention at the end).
Who is on Discus? they could put an updated forum link on there.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

The Saint 007 wrote:Came across this stupid video calling for a female or non-white Bond because it's time to bring the series into the 21st century. I guess the Craig era isn't politically correct enough for some people.

[video][/video]
I've never understood all this noise people keep making about Bond HAVING to be X, Y or Z. Why MUST he be black, female, or a cocker spaniel?At least with race there is some sort of argument, it's grounded in some sort of reality, but female? Maybe I'm cruising the wrong parts of the internet but I don't see any calls for a female Batman or Ironman so why is Bond any different?

That's why right here and now I am officially demanding there be a male Wonder Woman, I mean it is the 21st century after all!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Hollywood is a nest of liberal politically correct morons with no basis of reality in their collective alternate realities. How long before Broccoli raps a Bond theme? Enough with this effeminate drone Hiddelston as Bond as well. They have a perfect specimen with Aidan Turner and here is his Bond girl: Emily Ratajkowski Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Aidan Turner has the looks and the built to play the role of a convincing Bond, whereas Jamie Bell might come across as a bit petite for the role. Considering physicality happens to be one of the most important requirements for the role, this might prove to be a problem for Bell.

Screen presence. Aidan has already impressed everyone with his brilliant and charismatic performance in “Poldark” and the miniseries “And Then There Were None.” Though Jamie has also some good performances in his acting résumé, “Fantastic Four” still remains fresh in fans’ memory, which could be the biggest drawback of his career.

Familiarity with espionage genre. Aidan clearly has an upper hand and as good as Tom Hiddleston in this area. His portrayal of Philip Lombard impressed everyone so much that the next role fans were imagining for him was Bond. Jamie, on the other hand, does not have that kind of experience and casting him would be more of a risk.

Continuity with the franchise. Since both of them are at the right age, they will be able to portray the role for at least a decade but with respect to the story and where it left off in “Spectre,” fans would want to see the kind of Bond that can stand up to the extreme level of threat MI6 will be expecting. Especially since Blofeld was re-introduced in the franchise, one would want someone brooding like Aidan or maybe Daniel if he chooses to come back again.

Popular choice. The final and other most important requirement for the next Bond would be that fans should love and accept him. Since fans have the power to make or break the franchise, the next Bond will have to be someone who fans would accept open heartedly. Off all the choices that have been discussed so far, Aidan has had the most number of approvals. This and filling Daniel’s shoes would be the other most important thing for the next Bond.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat May 28, 2016 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Maybe she's recasting other roles too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I haven't looked at any predictions my prediction for xmen is it might disappoint in the bo, this is based on the number of show times being fewer than say civil war . Be curious if this holds up

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Maybe she's recasting other roles too

That's what I think too big O.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Currently, 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse is coming in toward Fox’s conservative projection of $80M+ over FSSM. Earlier in the week many rivals predicted a $100M+ opening, but Fox always knew the fourth X-Men movie directed by Bryan Singer was going to file lower first because they were coming off a high with Days of Future Past (FSSM opening $110.6M), and second those God-awful Apocalypse reviews at 48% rotten. X-Men is set to make $68M over FSS and $27M for Friday at 4,150 theaters.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I'm not so sure it's the reviews. Like I was saying it had a lot fewer show times than civil war had. It's a big release but not getting the same treatment as BvS and captain America

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Deadline.com:"The new titles — 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse and Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass — were both down today from their Friday returns, respectively -24% and -11%. Meanwhile, most of the holdovers in the top 10 posted increases. As a result, 3-day and 4-day projections on both wide entries are dropping. The fourth Bryan Singer X-Men movie made an estimated $19.85M tonight, putting its FSS on track for $64M and its 4-day at $77M, which is below the $80M that the Fox lot was forecasting. Oy vey. Meanwhile, Disney’s mishap Alice 2 is seeing $26.9M-$27.4M over FSS and $34M-$34.5M for FSSM. The other problem for the newbies this weekend is that the holdovers are cutting into their business. There’s just too much competition. As commenters have pointed out, The Jungle Book beat Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice at the domestic B.O., $341M to $328.8M — who the hell saw that coming? In regards to the rest of the top five tonight, Sony/Rovio’s sturdy canary who is nipping at Alice’s cat, The Angry Birds Movie, is up 40% over yesterday with $7M on its way to a second weekend of $18.4M, -52% with a 4-day of $24.5M and an 11-day total of $72.2M. Fourth place belongs to Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War which made $5.4M on Saturday, +32% over Friday for a fourth frame of $14.1M, -57%, 4-day of $18M and a running cume by the end of Monday of $375.5M"..............it looks like the X-Men franchise is no longer popular. I never got into this franchise at all. I find it garbage.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Disneys first Alice didn't set the world on fire . And the star jd is on the wrong end of an abuse case.

I disagree about xmen, deadpool is part of this universe separate from disneys universe.

I don't know if this movie is any good but I really think it is partly because it has Half as many show times in smaller cities not la or nyc.
But it's my new theory about movies, started noticing it last year around the time of man from uncle

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Disneys first Alice didn't set the world on fire . And the star jd is on the wrong end of an abuse case.
The first Alice was a fairly substantial hit, as I recall. I wasn't keen on it myself, but it seems to have been popular. But the sequel lacks Tim Burton, and as you say, Johnny Depp being in the news for all the wrong reasons probably doesn't help either.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Disneys first Alice didn't set the world on fire . And the star jd is on the wrong end of an abuse case.
The first Alice was a fairly substantial hit, as I recall. I wasn't keen on it myself, but it seems to have been popular. But the sequel lacks Tim Burton, and as you say, Johnny Depp being in the news for all the wrong reasons probably doesn't help either.
youre right, looked it up alice in beats the snot out of BvS and SP. 1.25 billion in 2010 money.

RT has it at 52% I wonder why my impression of it was do negative. I wasn't that impressed with it visually, I don't know why I thought it was closer to first huntsman in bo and RT

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Boxofficemojo: Disney’s Captain America: Civil War- at an estimated $372.61 million to date it overtook Deadpool to become the highest grossing USA film so far in 2016. (A position it may very well still hold when the year is all said and done.)--- :lol: ----Boxoffice.com: Captain America: Civil War took in an estimated $12.5 million overseas this weekend, continuing it's massive total that has propelled it to the "highest-grossing worldwide gross of the year" :!: :happy spin: The film has now earned $730.7 million overseas and $1.107 billion globally. Notable performances to date include $186.4 million in China, $62.7 million in Korea, $51.9 million in the United Kingdom, $41.2 million in Mexico, $39.1 million in Brazil, $27.0 million in Japan, $24.4 million in Australia, $22.3 million in France, and $20.9 million in Germany. :up:---compare this superhero work of art to B v S and you can easily see who does it right, and who does it wrong.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, an Easter egg gift for you to look forward to: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The person chosen to play the next James Bond will be an "unexpected one", the franchise’s outgoing director has said.

British filmmaker Sam Mendes said the sole choice for the next star of the hugely successful franchise "lies with producer Barbara Broccoli". (MGW is in a rest home?)

He also confirmed he will not be returning to direct the next film, saying he is ready to work on something new, the Telegraph reported.

Speaking at Hay Festival Mendes, who directed Skyfall and Spectre, said: “I’m a storyteller and at the end of the day I want to make stories with new characters.”

He said he had loved the “incredible adventure” of working on Bond, but added: “I think it’s time for somebody else to do a great job.” Mendes said both the choice of director and lead role is likely to be a little unexpected. He said: “I can guarantee whatever happens with it, it will not be what you expect. "That’s what she (Broccoli) has been brilliant at, and that’s how it’ll survive.” -------what kind of PR BS is this? Is Mendes inferring a concept such as Luke Evans as a Bond choice, given he is gay and Broccoli wants to further reinvent what Fleming's character stood for in her PC feminist vendetta? :!: :shock: Watch out for this mad move by her. I now give it a 50/50 chance of happening. Image [video][/video]
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Barbara Broccoli doing unexpected things? Like,every time saying "this time we are going back to Fleming"? :wink: The next movie needs a classic Bond that will be introduced while in bed with a beautiful lady. If the franchise continues with an actor that's on the same level as Craig when it comes to suitability for the role like Jamie Bell then I think everything will be beyond repair.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:Barbara Broccoli doing unexpected things? Like,every time saying "this time we are going back to Fleming"? :wink: The next movie needs a classic Bond that will be introduced while in bed with a beautiful lady. If the franchise continues with an actor that's on the same level as Craig when it comes to suitability for the role like Jamie Bell then I think everything will be beyond repair.
I don't trust Babs, and neither should you. Bond isn't for us anymore.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF, an Easter egg gift for you to look forward to: Image
Us BJ. Us, not just me.