The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

ECH-TRE is playing now on Time Warner cable for $4.99 on demand. It it stuck at $879 million for weeks and is down to 47 theaters here now. They still need $380,000 to reach $200 million here and I don't know how long that will take now after doing only $96,000 the past entire 7 days here and it's theater count dropped down so low. EA pegged that final number almost to the exact total :!:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Anecdotal story. at the Super Bowl party last weekend a friend of mine who had previously thought skyfall was the best since, well ever was so sour on it, just an amazing flip flop . He said he tried to watch it before SP but it was obvious the "guy" didn't want to be there. He couldn't get past the first five min before Turing it off. He never did go to SP.

Just one story but my friend was a apologist for all the unbond like crap the reboot gave us.

I've argued with him about Dalton, he thinks Dalton is the worst I said you can't say that if you're giving Craig a pass on not even trying to play bond.

Obviously my story is just one guy changing his mind but I think Craig may have mortally wounded himself as a actor in any role. EON and a tight circle of fans may be eager for him to come back, it may be a lot of people are fed up with a ungrateful actor in the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

People are tired of his gimmicks as Bond. I hope they want a return to normalcy but Broccoli must abandon her grip and she won't. It's now 11 years since the carnivorous goat was named Bond. :roll:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Holy crap Scalia is dead!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Terrible news big O :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I wonder if the republican control senate will have the stones to hold out for a new president .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

They will :!:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:People are tired of his gimmicks as Bond. I hope they want a return to normalcy but Broccoli must abandon her grip and she won't. It's now 11 years since the carnivorous goat was named Bond. :roll:
As long as Babs is "queen", you can forget about the return to normalcy. MI and Kingsman are all we have. Leave those rotten dogs for the b1tch to cast.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Holy crap Scalia is dead!

That was a shock. I wasn't sure whether to believe it at first, as it was only reported by a handful of sources, but it's everywhere now. I'm sure the conspiracy theory sites are having a field day.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Holy crap Scalia is dead!

That was a shock. I wasn't sure whether to believe it at first, as it was only reported by a handful of sources, but it's everywhere now. I'm sure the conspiracy theory sites are having a field day.
well they need to be open and honest with the investigation, IMO the kennedy conspiracies theories took root because nobody believed their government because the explanation was too simple even to the accused shooter dying in tv with no chance of a trial and the state having to make a public case.

I'm not so sure the republican senate will fight Obama, their plain was not to make waves this year go along with Obama as much as possible and get the white house by not making waves.
People view republican congress similar to the democrats in congress who went along with the president building up the state surveillance powers and wars without any real opposition.
(After 9/11)

Obama can make a last stand like Custer I don't think he'll win. Unless the republican are gutless and stupid.
If I were Obama I'd make a two for deal. Give them Ted Cruz as Scalia's replacement for a Ruth bader replacement of Obama's choice.
It'd have the bonus of upsetting the presidential race.

Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

The era of a politically correct gayish Bond could be coming to an end. The link on Drudge raises the spectre of Craig's exit from 007:

Bye Bye, Bond? Daniel Craig to Star in SHOWTIME Series...

Excerpt:
Multiple bidders — including Showtime, Netflix and others — are in talks for a big commitment to a limited series starring Daniel Craig in an adaptation of Jonathan Franzen’s novel “Purity,” to be produced by Scott Rudin and written by Todd Field and Franzen. Field is also set to direct.

So Craig is teaming with Scott Rudin, one of the loony Hollywood progressives who was outed as not only a hypocrite but a racist in those Sony email leaks.

The article does state that it's a "limited series", so it could give Craig the time to do another Bond movie. Then again, maybe this is a signal that he's leaving the role. We'll see.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Crap tapatalk edited this when I though I was posting a new reply.

I think my point was given the public timeline for bond 25 in 2017 (I'll believe they can do that when I see it) and the commitments from Craig, between othello and this possible show, combined with his complaints about bond keeping him from getting jobs because it's 8 months of shooting any given year the producers finally start production, it seems like maybe Craig is ready to move on.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Back in 1995 Wilson said that a man who is playing Bond has to draw audience through his own persona rather than supressing it. Obviously,he forgot everything he knew about casting James Bond.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:Back in 1995 Wilson said that a man who is playing Bond has to draw audience through his own persona rather than supressing it. Obviously,he forgot everything he knew about casting James Bond.
Mgw also made all kinds of speeches and tv shows about what made bond work. He could of been a poster here but he either changed his mind or more likely had to agree.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Craig has done stuff outside Bond before. I'm not breaking out the champagne until his replacement is announced, and even then, it depends on the replacement.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Craig has done stuff outside Bond before. I'm not breaking out the champagne until his replacement is announced, and even then, it depends on the replacement.
And even than,there remains the fact Madame Barbara Broccoli went insane with this reboot.
They justified the reboot with "keeping up with the times" because back then Bourne Identity was a big thing. Irony is,more now than ever they are struggling to be revelant. They are copying everything and anything and that's sad because this franchise once set so many trends. But of course,the most tragic thing is...they lost the essence of Bond and even more they don't seem to have any respect for it either.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yep, I think I will only be happy if they announce that the new Bond will be someone, well, Bondian and that the next film will be free of the soap operatics that have characterised the Craig era.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:People are tired of his gimmicks as Bond. I hope they want a return to normalcy but Broccoli must abandon her grip and she won't. It's now 11 years since the carnivorous goat was named Bond. :roll:
As long as Babs is "queen", you can forget about the return to normalcy. MI and Kingsman are all we have. Leave those rotten dogs for the b1tch to cast.
How can she be ousted?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
How can she be ousted?
she doesn't have to be just the emo bond and Craig have to go. She spent most of her years making bond films with the last 10 years being out of character.

I'd prefer she and her gaga for Craig act go with her. But she owns half the d**n franchise unless she does a Lucas and sells it there is no way to get her out unless ale and mazer know of a way.

FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
How can she be ousted?
She won't go down that easily. That said, leave James Bond to rotten dogs for all I care. MI and Kingsman are what we need. We don't need Bond for escapism.