The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Going to the movies after Thanksgiving dinner, as is our tradition(Parents are seeing The Martian and I'm seeing the new Tom Hardy movie)
Might go see Creed with my brothers maybe dad will go to but last when he and mom took the grandkids to see Charlie brown on Veterans Day it was packed.

Speaking of Veterans Day there is a town near here that has the tradition of firing cannons as the sun rises I was wondering is this a unique thing, maybe more common around the country than I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Here in NYC we would think of a terrorist attack if we heard that............Deadline.com: Katniss Rules Wednesday On Track For $78M-80M 5-Day; ‘Good Dinosaur’ Eyes $58M-$62M; ‘Creed’ Punching $39M-$42M.............ECH-TRE cut back 719 screens and is in descent now for good.........now 7.1 on IMBD and 64% on RT.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans :cheers:

Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Happy thanks giving !

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Omega wrote:
kater23 wrote:Going to the movies after Thanksgiving dinner, as is our tradition(Parents are seeing The Martian and I'm seeing the new Tom Hardy movie)
Might go see Creed with my brothers maybe dad will go to but last when he and mom took the grandkids to see Charlie brown on Veterans Day it was packed.

Speaking of Veterans Day there is a town near here that has the tradition of firing cannons as the sun rises I was wondering is this a unique thing, maybe more common around the country than I think?

I can believe it! President's Day is usually really bad too(we went to see one of the LOTR movies on President's Day and couldn't get in the theater!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Happy Thanksgiving!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Nov. 26, besides being Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., is also the 50th anniversary of the television special The Incredible World of James Bond in the U.S.. It aired during the normal time slot of The Man From UNCLE. It was a very well-made documentary/promotion for Thunderball.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/1 ... onds-50th/
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That pretty cool. What happened to all the 50th anniversary releases ? last i remember hearing about was gildfinger. Maybe they are happening in the uk

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

The Langoliers have been at this thread. :twisted:

I just mentioned the spectre box office here, but I think I got away with it. :twisted: :evil:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The last thing EON wanted was to be 45% behind SK-AWFUL in the USA. It will underperform HUGE here when all is said and done and after increasing the budget, getting a 1/3 worldwide reduction at the box office just MIGHT wake up MGW to persuade his sidekick to start anew again. :idea:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Creed was amazing. Really made me realize how many crap sandwiches Hollywood feed us. Like Craig .

Unfortunately I had to see his face twice. First was the Heineken ad, he look awful on the big screen really showed all his weird flaws , he face looked awful and his almost bond like pick up line at the end was more creepy old man propositioning his waitress .

Then in the movie was a few seconds of skyfall on the tv

A lot of WB mgm projects would not be surprised if they distribute bond 25

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Confession time: I've never seen any of the Rocky films. Boxing just doesn't interest me, and whilst I know that boxing is just the backdrop, and that the heart of the films is the human interest story, it tends to put me off watching them.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

So I was just going through Cosmopolitan during breakfast(yes,I was that bored) and found an article about Monica Bellucci a.k.a as the article stated first Bond woman. And basically it said how she is not anothet girl who goes through the movie in a bikini and bla bla bla...I woder if that person actually saw the movie. Bellucci has a cameo and is basically there to get underssed. What are we talking about here?!?!? Bond woman? That's Diana Rigg.
And there was also some nonsense how since Craig became Bond the movies aren't for "slightly older children" but have become complexed *excuse me while I bang my head against the wall* because Bond fell in love for the first time and lost a woman he loves. There is nothing more ridiculous when someone pretends how she/he actually saw most of the movies or minority of them even.
Needless to say,I threw that magazine away.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Confession time: I've never seen any of the Rocky films. Boxing just doesn't interest me, and whilst I know that boxing is just the backdrop, and that the heart of the films is the human interest story, it tends to put me off watching them.
actually this is the first rocky movie I've watched. Seen parts when they were on tv but never watched them .

Not big into boxing or sports in general really. Did watch the boxing movie from a few years ago that had the Oscar buzz.

I was talking with someone who does like rocky and they were confused where this fits in the timeline because Apollo died in 81 or maybe 85. He had two kids already who would be too old to be contenders. Seem like rocky fans would have liked it better if creed were about a grandkid instead of a Bas***d.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Creed died in Rocky IV when the Russian killed him. I have seen all of them many times. They are OK, nothing great in my opinion, and unrealistic because NO boxing referee would ever allow someone to continue a fight looking like Rocky did in the first two films. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] [video][/video]
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

On the subject of boxing, congratulations to Tyson Fury.Image My favourite boxing film is Somebody Up There Likes Me with Paul Newman. BJ is correct about realism in Rocky films (although they are great fun). Rocky wouldn't be allowed in a boxing ring in the first place with that defence. He doesn't even know how to slip a jab.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

http://www.thebondbulletin.com/work-on- ... pring-2016

While the latest Bond thriller “Spectre” is still in cinemas around the world, producer Barbara Broccoli recently shed some light on the next film of the popular franchise – BOND25.

In a recent interview with Swiss news magazine 20Minuten.ch, Barbara Broccoli, daugther of legendary producer Albert R. Broccoli, revealed that work on the 25th adventure of agent 007 could begin as early as spring 2016. “We have put three years of work into Spectre. It was a thrill, but now we want to enjoy the success and the reactions of the audiences. In spring we start again.”

Much has been speculated about Daniel Craig wanting to leave the role. On the subject whether he would return for a fifth Bond outing, Broccoli commented: “I hope we can continue with Daniel. I love him, obviously not just me but also the audience. I will try my best to keep him on.”

With the re-appearance of infamous terror organisation S.P.E.C.T.R.E. and its leader Ernst Stavro Blofeld, fans wondered whether Bond could possibly encounter both again in upcoming films of the world-famous spy thriller franchise. “It’s always a challenge to keep the balance between what the fans want and the demand to provide them with something new and surprising”, says Broccoli. “I think, the end of Spectre leaves us with endless possibilities. That’s a good starting point.”

BOND25 could see the return of Christoph Waltz to a possible cast as his character did not die at the end of “Spectre” but was captured. Same can be said about Léa Seydoux who drove off with Bond and maybe even for Monica Belluci’s character Lucia Sciarra who was advised by Bond to contact his CIA friend Felix Leiter for protection. Since the Daniel Craig films have been tied together by a common story arc, it would not be entirely out of the question.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

James wrote:On the subject of boxing, congratulations to Tyson Fury.Image My favourite boxing film is Somebody Up There Likes Me with Paul Newman. BJ is correct about realism in Rocky films (although they are great fun). Rocky wouldn't be allowed in a boxing ring in the first place with that defence. He doesn't even know how to slip a jab.
I was watching a montage of his fights a real box would have cleaned his clock first round , he telegraphs all his moves, strongest move is so obvious it's painful.

But his Rambo is the same way, Rambo 2 he is back in his element but making quick movements when the spot light comes on is a sure way to be spotted. Let's put it like this the super soldier Rambo didn't have to be betrayed to get captured he would have ended up being tortured by Vladimir Putin,,, er, I mean Anonymous Russian, no matter what.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

James wrote:http://www.thebondbulletin.com/work-on- ... pring-2016

While the latest Bond thriller “Spectre” is still in cinemas around the world, producer Barbara Broccoli recently shed some light on the next film of the popular franchise – BOND25.

In a recent interview with Swiss news magazine 20Minuten.ch, Barbara Broccoli, daugther of legendary producer Albert R. Broccoli, revealed that work on the 25th adventure of agent 007 could begin as early as spring 2016. “We have put three years of work into Spectre. It was a thrill, but now we want to enjoy the success and the reactions of the audiences. In spring we start again.”

Much has been speculated about Daniel Craig wanting to leave the role. On the subject whether he would return for a fifth Bond outing, Broccoli commented: “I hope we can continue with Daniel. I love him, obviously not just me but also the audience. I will try my best to keep him on.”

With the re-appearance of infamous terror organisation S.P.E.C.T.R.E. and its leader Ernst Stavro Blofeld, fans wondered whether Bond could possibly encounter both again in upcoming films of the world-famous spy thriller franchise. “It’s always a challenge to keep the balance between what the fans want and the demand to provide them with something new and surprising”, says Broccoli. “I think, the end of Spectre leaves us with endless possibilities. That’s a good starting point.”

BOND25 could see the return of Christoph Waltz to a possible cast as his character did not die at the end of “Spectre” but was captured. Same can be said about Léa Seydoux who drove off with Bond and maybe even for Monica Belluci’s character Lucia Sciarra who was advised by Bond to contact his CIA friend Felix Leiter for protection. Since the Daniel Craig films have been tied together by a common story arc, it would not be entirely out of the question.
is this the same crap where they started working on spectre in 2013 but didn't have a finished script when they started shooting ?

But if this is serious and the mean to get bond 25 in theaters by 2017, the way Craig was acting I doubt he'd want to come back so soon.

But continuing spectre is a problem , one because it's so awful, two because it continues the Craig universe. It'd be better to leave it as done with a happy ending. If the have to finish it then and Craig will not come back get Brosnan to finish it off as a one off old bond story although he'd look younger than Craig, and end the Craig verse as a stand alone universe.

Also could mean they leave it as Craig and mendes said it finished Craigs bond story arc , first time we had one of those out side the blofeld stories and it's a huge mistake. They don't have to make everything so d**n intricate, just tell the story. Because when they try it fails they can't even get stories straight SF to SP with the same people involved.