The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by carl stromberg »

Craig's latest blunder is not really a surprise.

Maybe in future Craig Bond films they could have Craig meeting his old school friend Scaramanga, or his piano teacher Dr No. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

shaken not stirred wrote:daniel-craig-told-to-shut-up-and-stop-bashing-bond-moviedaniel-craig-told-to-shut-up-and-stop-bashing-bond-movie

http://pagesix.com/2015/10/11/daniel-cr ... ond-movie/

Interesting that they were doing some re-shoots last month despite the film only being weeks away from release. That doesn't bode well for the finished product.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Actual post from MI6...
I am 100 percent serious - all Bond fans should campaign to get rid of Daniel Craig as Bond. I've Googled his past comments- they're outrageous, dismissive, rude, vulgar.

This sums up Craig:

November 9 2012

The 44-year-old actor told Rolling Stone magazine in its November cover story that the thrill that comes with a license to kill is gone. Or never was there to begin with. “I’ve been trying to get out of this from the very moment I got into it,” Craig said, “but they won’t let me go, and I’ve agreed to do a couple more, but let’s see how this one does, because business is business and if the sh– goes down, I’ve got a contract that somebody will happily wipe their ass with.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2012/11/09/da ... 007-regret

The way he expresses himself - terrible. He's a disgrace to the franchise. The ungrateful comments like "I’ve been trying to get out of this from the very moment I got into it,” - that isn't a joke because we've now had Craig say he would do another Bond film only for the money. It's a consistent pattern. Sure, (some) fans dismissed past comments as "it's a joke" - yeah, well the joke is not funny anymore.

He's brought too much negativity to the franchise. It's too negative and unpleasant. Saying he'll wipe his ass with the contract. It's incredible to be so dismissive of it all, and so vulgar.

And now he's said he'd rather cut his wrists than play Bond.

It's shameful. He's damaging the franchise with these comments. Enough is enough. He does not deserve to be James Bond. It's obvious he has contempt for the part - it comes to the surface in some interviews.

We deserve better than Craig. He's insulted the franchise with his comments. The guy should go. Heck, I'd rather he didn't even turn up for any promotion of SPECTRE, that's how strongly I feel about this man. He's a disgrace and it will be an insult if this person makes another Bond film. 30 million dollars for a guy so ungrateful? **** that.

Albert Broccoli would be ashamed of Craig's conduct.

Someone made an interesting point elsewhere (I can't remember where). They suggested the studio may consider cutting their losses because Craig will probably want something ridiculous for a fifth Bond while a relatively unknown younger actor could be hired for a more modest fee and save them millions.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tom- ... nd-6597634

Daniel Craig odds-on to hand over James Bond role to Tom Hardy

Craig's Bond shoes aren't even cold but bookies have already named who they think will be his successor

Tom Hardy will be the next James Bond, according to bookies.

Every actor from Damien Lewis to Idris Elba and even Emily Blunt have been in the running to be Daniel Craig's successor but now the bookies think they have their man.

Earlier today, Hardy - who is currently in cinemas playing the Kray twins in Legend - became the new clear favourite for the role.

Reports have suggested that Hardy has been given an unofficial nod to be called up as the next Bond after Craig.

According to bookies William Hill, Tom Hardy is the new 4/1 favourite with Damien Lewis just behind at 11/4.

William Hill Spokesman Rupert Adams said: “This is massive news for Bond fans, it appears that Daniel Craig is pocketing forty odd million for Spectre and as a result he might well call it a day.

"The gamble has coincided with the return of Tom Hardy to Bond favouritism, so it would seem likely that there is a lot going on in the background."

The bookmaker firmly believes upcoming film Spectre will be Craig’s final film as Bond and go 1/2 that will be the case.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

James wrote:Actual post from MI6...
I am 100 percent serious - all Bond fans should campaign to get rid of Daniel Craig as Bond. I've Googled his past comments- they're outrageous, dismissive, rude, vulgar.

This sums up Craig:

November 9 2012

The 44-year-old actor told Rolling Stone magazine in its November cover story that the thrill that comes with a license to kill is gone. Or never was there to begin with. “I’ve been trying to get out of this from the very moment I got into it,” Craig said, “but they won’t let me go, and I’ve agreed to do a couple more, but let’s see how this one does, because business is business and if the sh– goes down, I’ve got a contract that somebody will happily wipe their ass with.”

The way he expresses himself - terrible. He's a disgrace to the franchise. The ungrateful comments like "I’ve been trying to get out of this from the very moment I got into it,” - that isn't a joke because we've now had Craig say he would do another Bond film only for the money. It's a consistent pattern. Sure, (some) fans dismissed past comments as "it's a joke" - yeah, well the joke is not funny anymore.

He's brought too much negativity to the franchise. It's too negative and unpleasant. Saying he'll wipe his ass with the contract. It's incredible to be so dismissive of it all, and so vulgar.

It's shameful. He's damaging the franchise with these comments. Enough is enough. He does not deserve to be James Bond. It's obvious he has contempt for the part - it comes to the surface in some interviews.

We deserve better than Craig. He's insulted the franchise with his comments. The guy should go. Heck, I'd rather he didn't even turn up for any promotion of SPECTRE, that's how strongly I feel about this man. He's a disgrace and it will be an insult if this person makes another Bond film. 30 million dollars for a guy so ungrateful? **** that.

Someone made an interesting point elsewhere (I can't remember where). They suggested the studio may consider cutting their losses because Craig will probably want something ridiculous for a fifth Bond while a relatively unknown younger actor could be hired for a more modest fee and save them millions.
I agree with the post above.

The trick part about recasting is do they reboot, resume after DaD or continue Craig's blofeld story if the don't continue they are allowing bond to be the most unbond he has ever been and stuck there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

James wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tom- ... nd-6597634

Daniel Craig odds-on to hand over James Bond role to Tom Hardy

Craig's Bond shoes aren't even cold but bookies have already named who they think will be his successor

Tom Hardy will be the next James Bond, according to bookies.

Every actor from Damien Lewis to Idris Elba and even Emily Blunt have been in the running to be Daniel Craig's successor but now the bookies think they have their man.

Earlier today, Hardy - who is currently in cinemas playing the Kray twins in Legend - became the new clear favourite for the role.

Reports have suggested that Hardy has been given an unofficial nod to be called up as the next Bond after Craig.

According to bookies William Hill, Tom Hardy is the new 4/1 favourite with Damien Lewis just behind at 11/4.

William Hill Spokesman Rupert Adams said: “This is massive news for Bond fans, it appears that Daniel Craig is pocketing forty odd million for Spectre and as a result he might well call it a day.

"The gamble has coincided with the return of Tom Hardy to Bond favouritism, so it would seem likely that there is a lot going on in the background."

The bookmaker firmly believes upcoming film Spectre will be Craig’s final film as Bond and go 1/2 that will be the case.
God Tom hardy would be worse than Damien Lewis

Last edited by Omega on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Tom Hardy shares with Craig than un-Bond-like quality of being too thug-ish for Bond.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Save Tom for TNG reboot.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

James wrote:Actual post from MI6...

This sums up Craig:

November 9 2012

Wait a second...and actual negative post about Craig from MI6..I think hell just froze over.
For me it was always obvious Craig didn't have much fondness for the role but this is just...well,beyond disgraceful. Waaaay beyond.
And Craig has the role for 10 years already. That's 10 years too much.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

The reshoots mere *weeks* before the movie is in theaters is NOT a good sign.Not at all.

I am LOLing at someone at MI6 actually calling Craig on his sh!t. *checks the weather report for hell* yup, frozen over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

This headline is funny: has he made a spectre-cle of himself? :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... again.html
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Playboy, promoter of 007, to ceasing having nude photos.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/1 ... de-photos/
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

My prediction if this continues as it has is Daniel will be reviled to the lengths of which Timothy and Pierce never experienced.

I don't believe the reaction is limited to the slashing comment, it goes to the "don't give a f**k" about nearly every aspect of Bond, that is insulting to the people paying the bills, the fans. I have been wrong about a lot of things in the Craig Era, for instance I never thought people would buy the reboot gritty nonsense, let alone accept the bastardization of Ian Fleming's James Bond for Barbara Broccoli's.
Daniel made it abundantly clear by his cutting words what he thinks of Bond, the movies, the fans, the legacy. It is not the first time however the lurid imagery he used this time appears to have shaken a great many people out of their stupor.
I'm not confident it will last. However he has transformed himself from gentle soul of an artist who must be protected form those mean DCINB'ers to a stuck up sod who can't appreciate how good he has it. If this image sticks he will not be back, however if the drooling masses by enough tickets for SPECTRE (Skyfall or better) then I don't know if EON, MGM and their new partner hopefully not Sony will be strong enough to cut their ties with man who is only doing it for money.

Say what you like about the other Bonds, with the exception of DAF Connery they never did it only for the money. Timothy and Pierce actually cared about telling good stories and were fighting the EON system to get anything done, they worked just as hard if not harder than Daniel never breaking to the stress of the job. My god they were wonderful doing promotions, I remember Pierce being swarmed by some MTV event fresh off the final scene, he took all the incoming questions with grace and dignity, I have no doubt Timothy, and Roger would be as gracious in similar situations. Why are we paying Daniel such a princely sum to only receive his hatred for it?

I hope Spectre does well enough the franchise does not tank, yet bad enough the power in charge know the writings on the wall.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Blowfeld wrote:My prediction if this continues as it has is Daniel will be reviled to the lengths of which Timothy and Pierce never experienced.

I don't believe the reaction is limited to the slashing comment, it goes to the "don't give a f**k" about nearly every aspect of Bond, that is insulting to the people paying the bills, the fans. I have been wrong about a lot of things in the Craig Era, for instance I never thought people would buy the reboot gritty nonsense, let alone accept the bastardization of Ian Fleming's James Bond for Barbara Broccoli's.
Daniel made it abundantly clear by his cutting words what he thinks of Bond, the movies, the fans, the legacy. It is not the first time however the lurid imagery he used this time appears to have shaken a great many people out of their stupor.
I'm not confident it will last. However he has transformed himself from gentle soul of an artist who must be protected form those mean DCINB'ers to a stuck up sod who can't appreciate how good he has it. If this image sticks he will not be back, however if the drooling masses by enough tickets for SPECTRE (Skyfall or better) then I don't know if EON, MGM and their new partner hopefully not Sony will be strong enough to cut their ties with man who is only doing it for money.

Say what you like about the other Bonds, with the exception of DAF Connery they never did it only for the money. Timothy and Pierce actually cared about telling good stories and were fighting the EON system to get anything done, they worked just as hard if not harder than Daniel never breaking to the stress of the job. My god they were wonderful doing promotions, I remember Pierce being swarmed by some MTV event fresh off the final scene, he took all the incoming questions with grace and dignity, I have no doubt Timothy, and Roger would be as gracious in similar situations. Why are we paying Daniel such a princely sum to only receive his hatred for it?

I hope Spectre does well enough the franchise does not tank, yet bad enough the power in charge know the writings on the wall.
I agree with every word you say,Blowfeld! Well done! :cheers:
Really,if Craig stays after this we can truly give up on the franchise because if Barbara truly doesn't care that Craig doesn't have respect for the franchise her father built...I don't think she has it that much either but still...
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

A James Bond kill count compilation video:

[video][/video]

Total kills for each Bond:

Moore 121
Brosnan 103
Connery 68
Craig 44
Dalton 20
Lazenby 6
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg should get advice from the lunatic Randy Quaid: Image
Another example of a celebrity who self-destructed. And Quaid, in this photo, looks like Karl Marx.
Craig had better control his meltdown or he'll end up in the Quaid/Marx-look-alike territory. Wait, maybe that is his goal. After all, he's a big supporter of Bernie Sanders. :D _.///
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

You said it big A. These Hollywoodies are all a disgrace and demented to boot..............He was recently scrutinised after claiming he would ‘rather slash his wrists’ than make a fifth James Bond film. And now Daniel Craig’s co-star Naomie Harris has stepped forward to defend him, insisting the remarks were merely taken out of context. ‘It’s been blown completely out of proportion,’ she confessed during Sony's star-studded party. ‘Daniel worked 128 days on this movie and he works incredibly hard.’ ...........Harris, 39, told BBC News on Tuesday, Oct. 13, that Craig was "just being sarcastic" and that his recent interview with Time Out London was "blown out of proportion." "Daniel lives and breathes Bond," said Harris, who plays Moneypenny in the franchise. "It was not as he intended it... [his] sense of humor… doesn't come across particularly well in print." In fact, Harris said Craig, 47, is devoted to his character, whom he's now played in four Bond movies. "He's so dedicated to his craft and he loves playing Bond," she continued. "It's easy to take something that someone says in passing and blow it completely out of proportion. I think that's what's happened here, so I don't really believe those comments at all."..........but we all do you moronic ignoramus :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] A Hollywood source said: “Craig is pretentious and thinks he’s better than Bond, that it doesn’t give him the creative range he needs.”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Problem isn't just he'd rather kill himself or he'd only do it for then money those are bad enough it that besides being the truth it's his history of putting bond down and hating the character . Trying to whitewash it isn't going to cut it. I fell bad for the people who feel like they have to defend Craig because what he did is indefensible . And they are the one who look out of touch defending Craig as so devoted to the payday ,,, I mean bond.

Poor Bas***d worked 128 days , what should I tell those over worked teachers who put in 180 days? Buck up at least you don't have it as bad as Craig?

Shouldn't it be Craig out there saying he is sorry ? He's not bothering to give a d**n so be it let the recasting begin

Last edited by Omega on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Boo-hoo poor Craig. Being paid millions for playing Bond(or at least a guy who is called James Bond)...