The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Presented without comment, tweet from the official 007 Twitter feed.

Yeah and on the heals of the interview where he in so many words pisses on all his fans when he says people better not bother him with picture or autograph requests when he's out with his "mates".
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Goldeneye wrote:Re: Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond
Goldeneye wrote:I was shocked by the coverage of this story (it is literally everywhere), reading the stories I'm thinking how is this the last straw? After everything he has done that sent up red flags this is the one that crossed the line?
The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is previously his attitude was ignored because he was painted as a suffering artiest going to great pains to bring the authors true vision of James Bond to the screen. His I'd rather kill myself than be Bond comments somehow strikes home everyone sees a pompous jackass talking flippantly and angrily about his unbelievable opportunities. I wonder if people will look back at his past statements and see the angry jackass instead of the tortured manchild who was just to sensitive, too much an artist and too good for Bond.
I think the difference is this is coming right before the movie is released. I came over to see how you guys were laughing at the latest developments. He didn't only say that, he said other similar things that were reported EVERYWHERE and I really do mean EVERYWHERE in press. From AP to Variety, New York Times, EVERYONE reported his insulting quote. I know I retweeted a few outlets explaining how he was NEVER Bond so him behaving this way only adds to his piss poor portrayal. And I added "let's hope he means it this time". Because note, he also said if he comes back for Bond "It will only be for the money". So that means "You gotta pay me more". Let's just see, but with this, we have the upper hand for the rest of time. His stans look like pathetic seat fillers who would subject themselves to anything. I'm good with that. :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Alessandra wrote:Because note, he also said if he comes back for Bond "It will only be for the money". So that means "You gotta pay me more".
It also means that Bond 25 will be his DAF, if they are foolish enough to hire him again.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Alessandra wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:I was shocked by the coverage of this story (it is literally everywhere), reading the stories I'm thinking how is this the last straw? After everything he has done that sent up red flags this is the one that crossed the line?
The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is previously his attitude was ignored because he was painted as a suffering artiest going to great pains to bring the authors true vision of James Bond to the screen. His I'd rather kill myself than be Bond comments somehow strikes home everyone sees a pompous jackass talking flippantly and angrily about his unbelievable opportunities. I wonder if people will look back at his past statements and see the angry jackass instead of the tortured manchild who was just to sensitive, too much an artist and too good for Bond.
I think the difference is this is coming right before the movie is released. I came over to see how you guys were laughing at the latest developments. He didn't only say that, he said other similar things that were reported EVERYWHERE and I really do mean EVERYWHERE in press. From AP to Variety, New York Times, EVERYONE reported his insulting quote. I know I retweeted a few outlets explaining how he was NEVER Bond so him behaving this way only adds to his piss poor portrayal. And I added "let's hope he means it this time". Because note, he also said if he comes back for Bond "It will only be for the money". So that means "You gotta pay me more". Let's just see, but with this, we have the upper hand for the rest of time. His stans look like pathetic seat fillers who would subject themselves to anything. I'm good with that. :lol: :lol:
How can Broccoli defend this tirade with a straight face? He insulted her family franchise, unless she is in such denial because of her obsession with him that she is incapable of rational thought. Pascal was demoted for moronic comments. It's Cr-egg's turn :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Cr-egg:“I always had a kind of secret plan when I started doing these movies."
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I think Babzy is so willing to look past Dan's foibles because she is so far in over her head, she knows it but doesn't want to admit it. He's the first actor she hired on her own, and some how despite picking a man who does not fit any of the Bond boxes was successful. Now she's afraid of doing it again and failing, so Craig has become larger than the character himself in her mind.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Even Itv have mentioned this now along with a lot of newspapers over here in the UK, interestingly itv states that this is the fourth and FINAL time craig will be playing bond

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-08/dani ... bond-film/

This article from the guardian was pretty funny and interesting too: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... -up-at-bar
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg should get advice from the lunatic Randy Quaid: Image
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
How can Broccoli defend this tirade with a straight face? He insulted her family franchise, unless she is in such denial because of her obsession with him that she is incapable of rational thought. Pascal was demoted for moronic comments. It's Cr-egg's turn :!:
Oh I am in complete agreement, but BABS? Is a spoiled woman who knows nothing about this business and I really do mean nothing, and gets what she wants because she owns the rights to one of the most profitable and famous franchises ever. This is just about the fact she has the hots for the Craigster, so there's nothing he can do that will stop her. Now, the fact some near her may wake up and FORCE her to let him go is a different matter. One can always count on the fact those who actually pay most of the bills will tell her "hell to the no, Princess. This insulting, ungrateful twat has done his time, he's going now". :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Alessandra wrote:Because note, he also said if he comes back for Bond "It will only be for the money". So that means "You gotta pay me more".
It also means that Bond 25 will be his DAF, if they are foolish enough to hire him again.
Oh, for sure. I hope with the new people in charge at Sony, and MGM doing better and better, that Babs's antics are kept on a very short leash at last. So that she can try, but she will be told "NO. N.O. NO." when she tries to hire that insulting moron again.
"Are we on coms?"
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Alessandra wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Oh, for sure. I hope with the new people in charge at Sony, and MGM doing better and better, that Babs's antics are kept on a very short leash at last. So that she can try, but she will be told "NO. N.O. NO." when she tries to hire that insulting moron again.
if Sony if allowed to partner again, one story I read said WB might be the bond partner for 25, they also said if Sony was gone Craig would probably go too but who plays bond is nothing with Sony or WB , it mgm and eon who run the show as I understand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

BTW looks like the theme song is not even in the list of top selling songs on iTunes , the reviews are bad too except for a few fan boys drooling over it.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:I think Babzy is so willing to look past Dan's foibles because she is so far in over her head, she knows it but doesn't want to admit it. He's the first actor she hired on her own, and some how despite picking a man who does not fit any of the Bond boxes was successful. Now she's afraid of doing it again and failing, so Craig has become larger than the character himself in her mind.
It's obvious that from the beginning,when she took over the franchise she is insecure about it all. That's the difference between her and Cubby. He believed in the franchise and was confident about.
Even when TMWTGG didn't go well he continued and IMO made one of the greatest Bond movies ever(my opinion of the movie gets better and better with every watch,there's a real possibility I'll claim it is the best Bond movie after one more watch).
She on the other hand is not confident about it all so she tries to appear smart with her "deep,work of art" stuff.
Someone mentioned she will not lass over Craig's disrespect for the franchise. Quite frankly,I wouldn't say she has it either. Completely changing the franchise so you can not recognize it anymore is not what I call respect.
No Bond theme,the "Bond,James Bond" scene cut from QOS,"Do I look like a give d**n?!"...and so on.
And plus,you are right she thinks Craig is greater than the character itself which of course couldn't be more wrong. There is no actor in the Bond history who was greater than the character not even Connery who created him on the big screen.
Craig obviously doesn't have any respect or understanding for the franchise and by so blindly adoring him Barbara has no either.
Last edited by Veronica on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Under $1 billion at the box office, a poor theme song, and a verbally out of control porcupine actor, all of which will make FBF one happy person. :up: FBF, how about Groot as the next Bond? Image
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Under $1 billion at the box office, a poor theme song, and a verbally out of control porcupine actor, all of which will make FBF one happy person. :up: FBF, how about Groot as the next Bond? Image
As long as Babs stays away from the traditional types, I'm good. Might as well cast a creature from space as Bond. Or what about this monster as DC's successor?

[video][/video]
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

bjmdds wrote:It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Under $1 billion at the box office, a poor theme song, and a verbally out of control porcupine actor, all of which will make FBF one happy person. :up: FBF, how about Groot as the next Bond? Image
What about Groot as the next James Bond? Check out this story from the Grantland website.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospect ... ig-as-007/
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Here's the end of that Grantland website story.

Prerequisite: The new James Bond has to be indestructible.

No Bond has ever died. Did you know that? I didn’t know that. In total, James Bond has killed more than 350 people. But he’s never been got. No deaths; not one single time. He can be hurt, he can be tortured, he can getsoclose to dying. But that’s it. That means we need a James Bond who, at the very least, can’t be killed by bullets. And only one of our final two options isn’t impervious to bullets.

R.I.P. Wallace.

R.I.P. Michael B. Jordan.

Congratulations to Groot.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
What about Groot as the next James Bond? Check out this story from the Grantland website.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospect ... ig-as-007/
groot!
I am groot! # 3 on the list :)

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Groot as the next Bond for Broccoli :!: It has all the charm of Cr-egg and is better looking too :!: Broccoli deserves Groot :!: :cheers:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I disagree groot is a better actor with more emotional depth , (like Craig) he is too good for bond ;)