The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Big O, will you spend money to see Broccoli's latest incarnation or bypass it until you get a street DVD? FBF, you won't see it in the theatre, correct?
paying to see Craig would be a first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Not one dime from me for any Cr-egg trash :!: I say it will do UNDER $1 billion worldwide.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Not one dime from me for any Cr-egg trash :!: I say it will do UNDER $1 billion worldwide.
I say over. But I'm a natural pessimist, and I'll be happy to be proved wrong.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I won't be seeing Spectre on the big screen. Here ends a tradition I have had since TND.

As for how well Spectre will do, I don't have the faith in it's failure that others do. As Skyfall showed, mediocrity is popular, Spectre will cross $1BLN.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Not one dime from me for any Cr-egg trash :!: I say it will do UNDER $1 billion worldwide.
I say over. But I'm a natural pessimist, and I'll be happy to be proved wrong.
I say under. The hype is not as nearly as big as it was for Skyfall plus that movie was helped by 50th anniversary. But then again,I am a natural optimist.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I disagree. There seems to be a *lot* of hype for the film.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:I disagree. There seems to be a *lot* of hype for the film.
I didn't say there is no hype but the one for Skyfall was bigger IMO.You couldn't watch a TV without seeing the trailer or walking through the city and miss the poster and listen to the radio and miss Adele's song...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:
I didn't say there is no hype but the one for Skyfall was bigger IMO.You couldn't watch a TV without seeing the trailer or walking through the city and miss the poster and listen to the radio and miss Adele's song...
Give it a week or two....
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Give it a week or two....

Maybe in a week or two around here It'd be hard to show this time next month there would be a new bond movie out

I don't see a lot of excitement or talk like sf either but who knows of the people who go it's not like the majority post their intentions

Variety has a neat data tool counting tweets and video hits I think they are trying to find a new way of predicting , the movie industry was shocked in the past few years by total bombs they thought had popular support. Then again those studios viral market to a extent they are the ones contaminating the samples and Twitter and hit counters

shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I won't be seeing Spectre on the big screen. Here ends a tradition I have had since TND.

As for how well Spectre will do, I don't have the faith in it's failure that others do. As Skyfall showed, mediocrity is popular, Spectre will cross $1BLN.
Same, look how much we wanted skawful to fail and sadly that never came about, people seem to love this tripe so expect beeptre to do well and I really wish it wont but let's face it too many people seem to be bought into this stupid oh he's not bond oh wait now he is crap and but he's flemings bond etc (most part on the internet all I see is nothing but bloody kissing ass for this era of non bond and it's disgusting and very very depressing).

Factor in Cregg is staying till probably bloody 2020 is another insult in itself, it's depressing enough having the crap government we now have in the U.K for another d**n 5 years, looks like the egg will also be up till then or more (like keith lemon I wish this non bond would just get lost and end this practical joke once and for all).

As for craigs bond films I haven't paid to see any of them period, brother got My dad crappino borale, quantom of solace through itv3 (to see bad jump cuts and the rest), skawful one of My dads friends bought it and watched it later but really didn't want to (along with all of his, saw it and again thought this is the best bond ever huh...some have really got low low standards).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Crap the Martian is going to have a $55 million week end u really wanted this to fail because if Damon and it's soo close to his character in interstellar

Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

shaken not stirred wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I won't be seeing Spectre on the big screen. Here ends a tradition I have had since TND.

Same, look how much we wanted skawful to fail and sadly that never came about, people seem to love this tripe so expect beeptre to do well and I really wish it wont but let's face it too many people seem to be bought into this stupid oh he's not bond oh wait now he is crap and but he's flemings bond etc (most part on the internet all I see is nothing but bloody kissing ass for this era of non bond and it's disgusting and very very depressing).

Factor in Cregg is staying till probably bloody 2020 is another insult in itself, it's depressing enough having the crap government we now have in the U.K for another d**n 5 years, looks like the egg will also be up till then or more (like keith lemon I wish this non bond would just get lost and end this practical joke once and for all).

As for craigs bond films I haven't paid to see any of them period, brother got My dad crappino borale, quantom of solace through itv3 (to see bad jump cuts and the rest), skawful one of My dads friends bought it and watched it later but really didn't want to (along with all of his, saw it and again thought this is the best bond ever huh...some have really got low low standards).
I went and watched CR/QOS/SF in the cinema, but this is where i'm drawing the line. My dad also, doesn't like Craig's Bond at all. To clarity, my dad saw the 60's Bonds on the big screen, so is a big fan of the Connery era.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Comingsoon.net from March: Is it very easy to cast a Bond film? It seems like a lot of stars would jump at the opportunity to join such a huge big screen franchise.

Wilson: People have to be talked into it. It takes over your life.

Broccoli: We had to talk Daniel into it. But it paid off.

What are your thoughts on Idris Elba as James Bond? Is that something we could still see happening?

Wilson: I think he’d make a great Bond.

Broccoli: I think it’s always like asking a woman who is going up the aisle who her next husband is going to be. Daniel Craig is Bond. So ask me when we’re looking for a new Bond, which will hopefully not be for a long time.

Q: What is the status on Daniel Craig’s contract? Does he have a certain number of Bond films left?

Wilson: We want him for as long as he’ll have us.

Broccoli: He’s got an open-ended contract. :o :shock: :cuss: Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Why can she only answer it as a bride? I never noticed until it was pointed out but she always does it.

Imo nothing has changed. The fact still remains he has one left in contract the open ended is on her side . Which I bet is only as good as long as she is raking in money . Which she is paid win lose or draw ., although it's s lot more money win

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

"We talked Daniel into it but it paid off." So he had to be talked into it...yeah,not like he got an offer to star in one of the most successful franchises with such an iconic character. _.//
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Guys, it's time to realize that James Bond is NOT for us anymore as he can be anyone or anything.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dani ... wo-6571986
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The 47-year-old, due to reprise his role as the British spy in the forthcoming Spectre movie, said he could "do without" people approaching him for photographs.

He told The Sunday Times' Culture magazine: "If me and my mates went out and all got sh*t-faced, and someone started taking photographs, they'd get thumped.

"The other thing I don't get is, people are happy to take pictures of me without asking. But things have changed so rapidly. "Nobody really gives a f*** what I think about the modern world, but that part I can do without."

Questions remain about Craig's future as Bond - a character, by his own admission, who is deeply flawed and misogynistic - and said he does not care who takes on the role.

He said: "The right person for the job should do the job and I don't give a f what colour their skin is. It shouldn't be an issue. We should have moved on."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

God I'm so sick of Daniel f'ing craig. Sure pierce dropped the f bomb when he pissed he was fired, Craig carpet bombs the English language with it.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

The 47-year-old, due to reprise his role as the British spy in the forthcoming Spectre movie, said he could "do without" people approaching him for photographs.

Oh the "first world" trials and tribulations of being a wealthy celebrity! God forbid a devoted fan wants to break their camera by capturing an image of your lumpy mug with it! (BTW is there a category above first world exclusively for the rich and/or famous because most of the "first world" do indeed have problems, just far less lethal than the second or third)

He told The Sunday Times' Culture magazine: "If me and my mates went out and all got sh*t-faced, and someone started taking photographs, they'd get thumped.

Ooh, tough guy! "s**t faced"? How old are you? He probably doesn't want to be photographed with "his mates" as I suspect he may be "outed" from the closet.

"The other thing I don't get is, people are happy to take pictures of me without asking. But things have changed so rapidly. "Nobody really gives a f*** what I think about the modern world, but that part I can do without."

Might I suggest staying home in your lavish mansion counting your millions as an alterative then?

Questions remain about Craig's future as Bond - a character, by his own admission, who is deeply flawed and misogynistic - and said he does not care who takes on the role.

And also one which has given and will continue giving him a vast fortune, which keeps him in the lifestyle he has grown accustom to.

He said: "The right person for the job should do the job and I don't give a f what colour their skin is. It shouldn't be an issue. We should have moved on."

This comes off as a stop asking me that d**n question statement, which I can appreciate.

Omega wrote:God I'm so sick of Daniel f'ing craig. Sure pierce dropped the f bomb when he pissed he was fired, Craig carpet bombs the English language with it.
Amen, O, Amen!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image