The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by ml94 »

Blowfeld wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:The new and unsurprisingly boring Spectre poster:

Is this a Tim Burton film?
ITS BATMAN! :down: :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

4-star review (out of 5) for No Escape from Den of Geek: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/no-esca ... ape-review
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

2 stars Kris, not 4........"Brosnan provides the film’s sole spark of character life, although just as he did in The Tailor of Panama, The Matador, and The November Man, he is playing an aged, wearier and semi-retired variation on James Bond – but like several of those, this twist on that template is witty and charming, and I daresay even an improvement on his later Bond efforts, so it’s regrettable that he doesn’t have a larger role in this picture."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

At least No Escape is popular with the audience.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:2 stars Kris, not 4........"Brosnan provides the film’s sole spark of character life, although just as he did in The Tailor of Panama, The Matador, and The November Man, he is playing an aged, wearier and semi-retired variation on James Bond – but like several of those, this twist on that template is witty and charming, and I daresay even an improvement on his later Bond efforts, so it’s regrettable that he doesn’t have a larger role in this picture."
Interesting. It looks like the US site features a different review to the UK one.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:At least No Escape is popular with the audience.
EXPANDING
No Escape Weinstein Company 3,415 +60 theatres this weekend----------The Weinstein Company's No Escape rounded out the day's top five with $0.554 million. The action thriller starring Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan and Lake Bell fell 8 percent from Wednesday and 37 percent from last Thursday. No Escape placed in fourth for the week with $10.94 million. The film has grossed $13.00 million in nine days, which is in line with expectations and places the film 5 percent behind the $13.67 million nine-day take of last year's The November Man.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:At least No Escape is popular with the audience.
EXPANDING
No Escape Weinstein Company 3,415 +60 theatres this weekend----------The Weinstein Company's No Escape rounded out the day's top five with $0.554 million. The action thriller starring Owen Wilson, Pierce Brosnan and Lake Bell fell 8 percent from Wednesday and 37 percent from last Thursday. No Escape placed in fourth for the week with $10.94 million. The film has grossed $13.00 million in nine days, which is in line with expectations and places the film 5 percent behind the $13.67 million nine-day take of last year's The November Man.
Speaking of the november man, why the hell was it never released in the UK?, I can't seem to find this film anywhere and all I wanted to do was see it, as for no escape as fbf said atleast it's attracting an audience and it's a shame Brosnans other films so far haven't as much.

On a different topic I'm currently working on backgrounds for a videogame (non paid, finished the screens for the first level and he's happy with them, (wants them put in a video reel soon to promote (hopefully before christmas) (17 more to go and for same people I hope to still do that animation assistant job with some point (fingers crossed), also juggling things a bit as well with what My mum has (some days are good, some are bad (due to treatment) and vice versa with Myself, old man and rest of us.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hang in there Shaken and be positive :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Andrew Scott has ''lovely suits and a nice desk'' in 'Spectre'.

The 38-year-old actor admits he is sworn to secrecy about the role he plays in the new James Bond movie but revealed he plays the head of the Centre for National Security and his part is linked to exploring the ''ethics'' of surveillance.

He said: ''I play the head of an organisation called the Centre for National Security. It's about ethics and how the new world of surveillance compares with the old world of surveillance and the tension between them............(so a new Blofeld and the "ethics" of governmental surveillance is the plot of ECH-TRE......more anti-government garbage from EON's directors :!: Do the UK and USA governments and Bond do anything positive with Eon now? )
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

No Escape has $5 million budget (if I get this correctly) while NM has $15 million yet the audience enjoy the former more than the latter.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:California and Jerry Brown have gone bankrupt in money and ideas :!:
*nods* sometimes I really hate living here. :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MP, what's doing out west?
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

But he (the waiter looking guy ) forgot table tens order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

TLD now on tv here in finland, TIM IS SO UNDERRATED... :007:
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

TIM IS TRUE FLEMINGS BOND.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

FormerBondFan wrote:No Escape has $5 million budget (if I get this correctly) while NM has $15 million yet the audience enjoy the former more than the latter.
Pierce looks younger than cregg...
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:No Escape has $5 million budget (if I get this correctly) while NM has $15 million yet the audience enjoy the former more than the latter.
Pierce looks younger than cregg...
He doesn't exactly look younger than Craig but Craig is so odd looking(did he really went to plastic surgery?) that I cannot even compare him to anyone.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:TIM IS TRUE FLEMINGS BOND.
I just finished reading Moonraker a few days ago and I really think Timothy had the overall vibe of Fleming's Bond. The demanour and the way he behaved,especially in some scenes.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:TIM IS TRUE FLEMINGS BOND.
I just finished reading Moonraker a few days ago and I really think Timothy had the overall vibe of Fleming's Bond. The demanour and the way he behaved,especially in some scenes.
Yeah...