The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

The Saint 007 wrote:The new and unsurprisingly boring Spectre poster:

Ah waiter, could I see the wine list, please.

A wet suit and a knife (not usually associated with Bond), yet still more Bond than that poster.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:

A wet suit and a knife (not usually associated with Bond), yet still more Bond than that poster.
Yeah, it really looks like the marketing team just selected an amateurish fan poster from a Bond forum and called it a day. The poster once again also seems to be advertising Craig, who is now trying hard to look like Sean Connery, rather than any of the action and other main characters of the film.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It looks like he's got no legs, thanks to the black trousers on a black background.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

No more Cr-egg soon? Image
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:No more Cr-egg soon? Image
Even so, that doesn't mean the nightmare will be over. Babs is the real problem.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

DC's the co-producer if you pay close attention.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:

AGREED.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:Ah, you must have forgotten Capt, Craig is THE Bond, those previous 5 were all hacks unworthy of even carrying Craig's little blue speedo!

The fact the producer is having erotic dreams about you certainly doesn't hurt ether!
They are basically telling us he is THE Bond. That we waited for more than forty years to see him,I am just waiting the day when Broccoli will say those five before don't even count.
Craig in that fine white tuxedo...comical.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

We can but hope....
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Is this a Tim Burton film?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I'll believe Daniel is gone once a successor has been named. Before then he could always change his mind. Barbara threw a co-producer title at him and lord knows what else he'll be offered before SPECTRE is finished playing.

I was thinking of Peter Davison, he wanted to quit Doctor Who because his second series was not what he felt it should be by the end of his third series he though it was all right, he quietly asked about staying by then it was too late because barrister Colin Baker had been hired.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Waiter, waiter there's a gun in your arm...isn't that against health and safety?. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote:I'll believe Daniel is gone once a successor has been named. Before then he could always change his mind. Barbara threw a co-producer title at him and lord knows what else he'll be offered before SPECTRE is finished playing.

I was thinking of Peter Davison, he wanted to quit Doctor Who because his second series was not what he felt it should be by the end of his third series he though it was all right, he quietly asked about staying by then it was too late because barrister Colin Baker had been hired.
And how many times did Roger say he was leaving before he actually did?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
shaken not stirred
Agent

Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: They are basically telling us he is THE Bond. That we waited for more than forty years to see him,I am just waiting the day when Broccoli will say those five before don't even count.
Craig in that fine white tuxedo...comical.
He was never the bond, I made a comment on fb about why 4 films and bond isn't bond yet but im was im in 30 mins, batman was batman in 30 mins and pretty much got but he is bond, he knows he's bond, he sure as bloody hell doesn't know he's bond to Me that's for sure.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

shaken not stirred wrote:
We can but hope....
Even with DC gone, we still have one problem: Babs. If that b1tch cannot give up that easily, what we should hope for is that she doesn't go near the return of the traditional tall and dark-haired Bond. That and her DO NOT mix, especially after what she did to Pierce. She might as cast this robot as Bond instead:

[video][/video]
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

You can't cast a Dalek, they have more charisma than what is accepted as Bond these days.

"min-ate, Ex-ter-min-ate."
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Craig is saying he wants to quit ever since 2008 and he said he tried to get out of it as soon as he got in it. Yet,he stayed after CR for three more films. Like Blowfeld said above she threw the co-producer title around. God knows what she could do next. I am not being optimistic until he OFFICIALLY says he truly is quiting.
And then of course there is the decision of the new actor.
I just don't see Barbara going back the old Bond style.
Not when she got acclaim with CR and SF.Whether she paid well known critics for that or not remains debatable for me.
Still,I don't see why she wohld suddenly want to go back to making classic Bond films when she and other co-workers spent good 9 years saying we should forgert everything about Bond and statements from Mendes and Waltz how they wouldn't do this if there was not for new depth or something. She made clear she finds old Bond movies beneath her. Along with her boyfriend and "No.1 Bond fan" Mendes.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Transporter Refueled is crashing and burning down.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

shaken not stirred wrote:
We can but hope....
Yeah...