The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Anthony Horowitz criticizes Skyfall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... essor.html
He said a sequence in the trailer for Spectre, showing a photograph of Bond’s family with his parents faces missing, augured ill for the new film in his view.

“This is going to be to do with his family background, and I know the fans are all terribly excited to know more, but I’m saying, ‘Don’t tell me, I don’t want to know’,” he said.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I'd rather watch FBF defeat Broccoli in a claymation wrestling match than ECH-TRE :!: [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This is more important than ECH-TRE: [video][/video] Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Anthony Horowitz criticizes Skyfall.

He said a sequence in the trailer for Spectre, showing a photograph of Bond’s family with his parents faces missing, augured ill for the new film in his view.

“This is going to be to do with his family background, and I know the fans are all terribly excited to know more, but I’m saying, ‘Don’t tell me, I don’t want to know’,” he said.

"gritty seriousness"? YAWN!
Doubts,insecurities...how about...no?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:No Escape:The political action film which Weinstein Co. acquired for $5M at the Cannes Film Festival last year, is looking at $7.6M for FSS and $9.68M for five days. CinemaScore audiences gave the film a B+; the same grade they gave Brosnan’s The November Man last August at this time.
it only cost 5 million! They spent more getting it to the theaters than making it. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Acquired for $5 million" suggests that the Weinsteins paid that for the distribution rights. I don't think that's the production budget.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros’ The Man From U.N.C.L.E. found $5.56 million (-30%) in 46 overseas markets this weekend, bringing its international total to $36.6 million and its worldwide total to $70.72 million after 3 frames. Argentina opened to $191K from 101 screens surpassing the opening weekend total of Oceans 11 (+101%) and The Bourne Legacy (+23%). Italy, Brazil, and Mexico open next weekend with South Korea slotted for October 29 and Japan on November 14. ...........after 3 weeks it still has not earned it's $75 million budget. It looks like a loss for WB and no sequel at this rate.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From Box Office Mojo: "The newcomers that helped achieve that feat included No Escape, the Owen Wilson/Pierce Brosnan military coup flick, which the Weinsteins state came in just a little under their $9M estimate with $8.3M. On 2,470 screens that $3,355 psa is better than the $2,850 that last year's late-August Pierce Brosnan movie offering, The November Man, made in exactly the same frame. No Escape has a "B+" on Cinemascore, much as November Man did, so a final domestic cume around $30M seems reasonable."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:No Escape:The political action film which Weinstein Co. acquired for $5M at the Cannes Film Festival last year, is looking at $7.6M for FSS and $9.68M for five days. CinemaScore audiences gave the film a B+; the same grade they gave Brosnan’s The November Man last August at this time.
it only cost 5 million! They spent more getting it to the theaters than making it. Wow!

"Acquired for $5 million" suggests that the Weinsteins paid that for the distribution rights. I don't think that's the production budget.
I tried to look it up but everyone has 5 million . Hell of a story about getting it made glad brosnan stood by his word to make it

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:

I tried to look it up but everyone has 5 million . Hell of a story about getting it made glad brosnan stood by his word to make it

Wikipedia gives the budget as $5 million, but the article they cite as a source says that the Weinstein Company bought the rights for that amount. I haven't seen anything else that states $5 million as the production budget. I'd be surprised if a movie with stars like Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan was made for that amount.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Anthony Horowitz criticizes Skyfall.

Image (My same reaction when I heard this film will give bond the origin story we've all been (falls asleep, someone pokes him with stick in head)...huh, boy doesn't that sound fun......iron man became iron man in 30 mins, batman became batman in 30 mins but for some stupid beeping reason this latest bond still can't decide if he's bond, bourne, batman or god knows who else, should've called the last 4 bond films: the mistaken identity, name's bond...actually not really sure (it might be bob).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

bjmdds wrote:Do you think EON sent him a vodka martini, shaken not stirred? By the way, Shaken has been AWOL.
Not AWOL, just been really busy and having a lot to juggle at the minute, I want to post here more but all I know is we have another crappy non bond film (and even more with him....) and at present I'm at a loss for what to do (I wont watch it but I know this crap will get a great score, more craig is flemings bond etc and blah blah blah), I want to make a difference but sometimes...you just can't, as fbf has said bond is no longer for a lot of us and it's caused nothing but a massive divide, would I like spectre to tank hell beeping yes, will it..sadly no, only thing I'm really miffed about is now craig will surpass Brosnan for bond films and no doubt get mocked even more and this non bond didn't even deserve the one movie let alone 4 , but hey if breaking in to a womans house, having sex with them, watching two innocent people die and letting an assasin do his job and letting your boss get killed because of your own recklessness (complete with more shallow soul searching, crying and more pc stuff) then there really is no hope for society..to quote bones from star trek, 'it's dead jim', the films that strive to be old bond I'll watch (not the bond ones ie kingsman, etc) but if bond movies no longer want My money and only someone else then fine, the next god knows how many years will never have anything on the 40 years that made this so successful, this is more james fad than james bond today.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Free No Escape preview tickets - for 1st September, may be a bit late.

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/410486
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That s cool

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

No screenings in Bristol. Oh well.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Im going to watch HITMAN tonight...RUPERT FRIEND is BOND material. :007:
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/128094 ... istic-says
I don't know if this was posted yet or not but.... :yay:
Craig saying as of right now Spectre is his last Bond
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

bjamesobrad wrote:https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/128094 ... istic-says
I don't know if this was posted yet or not but.... :yay:
Craig saying as of right now Spectre is his last Bond
I wouldn't get excited just yet. Connery and Moore also said they wanted to quit and then end up returning for more films.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Again he was cursing. He is a low-class vulgar individual. Let him get lost already.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

"A sad, lonely, misogynist"... yeah the way you play him Danny!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

dirtybenny wrote:"A sad, lonely, misogynist"... yeah the way you play him Danny!
Someone should tell Daniel "F**cking" Craig that he is not playing James Bond.