The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:As a fan of the "spy sound", I think it's a shame that the original theme won't feature more prominently, but I can see why Guy Ritchie would want to avoid it. It would be a bit too obvious for a spy thriller set in the '60s to have that brassy, faux-Barry sound
Yes, I agree. He already said out loud that he wanted to re create the atmosphere of Sean Connery's Bond, and told the actors to behave accordingly, without DOING Sean Connery's Bond, having a faux-Barry sound added there would have been a bit too much.
"Are we on coms?"
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Intellectually, I can understand the decision to downplay the UNCLE theme, but I like the theme and wish it could have been in the end titles.

The thing is, the UNCLE theme isn't iconic beyond the original UNCLE fandom the way the themes to Mission: Impossible and Hawaii Five-O are. You can't make a Mission: Impossible production without that theme, and you can't make a Hawaii Five-O without that theme. The Five-O theme is such a piece of Americana, it's played by college, high school and middle school marching bands. The UNCLE theme simply isn't that well known among the general public -- and it's certainly not the best known thing that Jerry Goldsmith wrote.

The irony is both Lalo Schifrin and Morton Stevens scored UNCLE episodes before writing the M:I and Five-O iconic themes. Schifrin did the second-season arrangement of the UNCLE theme, and there's bits of the orchestration that remind you of M:I. One of Stevens' UNCLE scores have a few notes that remind you of Five-O.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Daniel Craig 15th on highest paid acots list for 2015 with $27 :shock:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/au ... h-bachchan

The World’s Highest-Paid Actors 2015

1. Robert Downey Jr: $80m
2. Jackie Chan: $50m
3. Vin Diesel: $47m
4. Bradley Cooper: $41.5m
5. Adam Sandler: $41m
6. Tom Cruise: $40m
7. Amitabh Bachchan: $33.5m
7. Salman Khan: $33.5m
9. Akshay Kumar: $32.5m
10. Mark Wahlberg: $32m
11. Dwayne Johnson: $31.5m
12. Johnny Depp: $30m
13. Leonardo DiCaprio: $29m
14. Channing Tatum: $29m
15. Chris Hemsworth: $27m
15. Daniel Craig: $27m

This is why we won't get rid of him for years.
Bring back Bond!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Is this a old list I can't remember the last Jackie Chan movie I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

It's a very old list. And the fact Barbara Broccoli pays the Craigster a ridiculous amount of money doesn't make him the least bit powerful in Hollywood. So that is what counts. Anything outside of Bond he does, bombs. And producers know this. He doesn't have a single actually big movie lined up.
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Cr-egg's career is OVER and it never was to boot :!: Bond gave him a vehicle for attention to him, but it's a false accolade, being he is a putrid actor and an even worse thing to look at.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Piper was found dead inside his Hollywood, Calif., home on Friday. In the “Real Sports” clip, he described a 20-year cycle of abusing alcohol, cocaine, painkillers and steroids.

“Deadly combination,” Piper told interviewer Armen Keteyian of the cocktail of prescription drugs, steroids and alcohol.

“You bring cocaine into the picture ... There’s my buddies, I’ll have some drinks (and then you say) holy cow, it’s 4 (a.m.). What time’s your plane? Seven. When do you need to get up? Five-thirty. Do a line (of cocaine), get on the plane. (Then) it’s time to fight. No downers there. Let’s go. But it’s be nice to have a little painkiller in you as you go in — or a lot — and now you come into the ring.”

Asked if he lived like that for 20 years, Piper wiped his face and said, “non-stop.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

PRE-SALE TICKETS: AMC Loews Kips Bay 15:
570 Second Ave.
New York, NY 10016--THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.
PG-13, 1 hr 56 min
Thursday, Aug 13
7:00 PM
Adult x $14.99
Senior x $11.99
Child x $11.99
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF: Some Kind Of Beautiful: The film had its world premiere at the AFM on November 6, 2014. The film was released in Denmark on June 4, 2015. The film was scheduled to be released on DirecTV on July 23, 2015, prior to being released in a limited release and through video on demand on August 21, 2015.......If No Escape bombs, it's all over for Brosnan and he will enter the Steven Seagal Hall Of Shame :!: ........The UN-Fantastic 4 is getting KILLED in it's reviews as I suspected. They tried to do a PC version and it won't work by redefining the characters to this lame brain drain of a film. Stay away at all costs. :down:............the first review is now out on the UNCLE film:"This is a very unimaginative attempt to rip off the 1960s success that my daddy had with our James Bond films. I hated it and do not want any of my mindless minions watching Henry Cavill look suave and dashing. Instead, stay accustomed to the pathetic ogre I have trained to be my Bond for all eternity" Sincerely, Barbara Broccoli, EON Productions, queen of the film universe, cinematic genius.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:PRE-SALE TICKETS: AMC Loews Kips Bay 15:
570 Second Ave.
New York, NY 10016--THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.
PG-13, 1 hr 56 min
Thursday, Aug 13
7:00 PM
Adult x $14.99
Senior x $11.99
Child x $11.99
NICE!! Thanks for this, BJ, I'll pass on to my NYC friends!
"Are we on coms?"
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:FBF: Some Kind Of Beautiful: The film had its world premiere at the AFM on November 6, 2014. The film was released in Denmark on June 4, 2015. The film was scheduled to be released on DirecTV on July 23, 2015, prior to being released in a limited release and through video on demand on August 21, 2015.......If No Escape bombs, it's all over for Brosnan and he will enter the Steven Seagal Hall Of Shame :!: ........The UN-Fantastic 4 is getting KILLED in it's reviews as I suspected. They tried to do a PC version and it won't work by redefining the characters to this lame brain drain of a film. Stay away at all costs. :down:............the first review is now out on the UNCLE film:"This is a very unimaginative attempt to rip off the 1960s success that my daddy had with our James Bond films. I hated it and do not want any of my mindless minions watching Henry Cavill look suave and dashing. Instead, stay accustomed to the pathetic ogre I have trained to be my Bond for all eternity" Sincerely, Barbara Broccoli, EON Productions, queen of the film universe, cinematic genius.
That Babs review is spot-on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF: Some Kind Of Beautiful: The film had its world premiere at the AFM on November 6, 2014. The film was released in Denmark on June 4, 2015. The film was scheduled to be released on DirecTV on July 23, 2015, prior to being released in a limited release and through video on demand on August 21, 2015.......
Some Kind of Beautiful is not doing so good in IMDb. For the first time, I actually wanted this film to fail because I'm getting tired of seeing him in these light-hearted stuff.
If No Escape bombs, it's all over for Brosnan and he will enter the Steven Seagal Hall Of Shame :!:
Why hasn't QT doing anything to cast Pierce in his upcoming projects? Back in the 80s and during his time as Bond (especially in his debut with GE), he was popular in the minds of the general audience. Now he's been treated like a nobody. I think his agent and/or his PR are probably Pro-Craig minions.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Omega wrote:Is this a old list I can't remember the last Jackie Chan movie I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Forbes list for June 2014-June 2015. It's on Google news so have a look - i might be wrong. I read that Jackie Chan makes lots of money from Chinese films and in investments so non-acting earnings may have been taken into account?
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:FBF: Some Kind Of Beautiful: The film had its world premiere at the AFM on November 6, 2014. The film was released in Denmark on June 4, 2015. The film was scheduled to be released on DirecTV on July 23, 2015, prior to being released in a limited release and through video on demand on August 21, 2015.......
Some Kind of Beautiful is not doing so good in IMDb. For the first time, I actually wanted this film to fail because I'm getting tired of seeing him in these light-hearted stuff.
If No Escape bombs, it's all over for Brosnan and he will enter the Steven Seagal Hall Of Shame :!:
Why hasn't QT doing anything to cast Pierce in his upcoming projects? Back in the 80s and during his time as Bond (especially in his debut with GE), he was popular in the minds of the general audience. Now he's been treated like a nobody. I think his agent and/or his PR are probably Pro-Craig minions.

First what is wrong being in comedy?
And second,you know how ridiculous it sounds when you say HIS PR is pro-Craig?
And third,every actor had a struggle post-Bond. that shadow is always there.
He obviously has work so it's not as black as you think. He is choosing what is he going to do and he himself said he can now do small projects for himself. So if he is satisfied then I don't know why anyone should be so negative about it all.
And I don't think he is treated as a nobody either.
He is just at different point in his career than he was 15 years ago.
Infact,besides Connery he is the actor that has the most active career after Bond. Moore basically retired after it and Dalton was always a low-key kind of actor.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:First what is wrong being in comedy?
I love comedies more than dramas. Considering Pierce is a serious actor, I prefer seeing him in the latter.
And second,you know how ridiculous it sounds when you say HIS PR is pro-Craig?
That's just me thinking.
And third,every actor had a struggle post-Bond. that shadow is always there.
He obviously has work so it's not as black as you think. He is choosing what is he going to do and he himself said he can now do small projects for himself. So if he is satisfied then I don't know why anyone should be so negative about it all.
And I don't think he is treated as a nobody either.
He is just at different point in his career than he was 15 years ago.
Unfortunately, those small projects he did either ended with bad reviews or went under radar (i.e. The Ghost Writer).
Infact,besides Connery he is the actor that has the most active career after Bond. Moore basically retired after it and Dalton was always a low-key kind of actor.
Tim is getting little bit of recognition in the recent years.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Brosnan can do both more serious and light-hearted so there is nothing wrong with him being in comedies.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Why do you keep saying that The Ghost Writer went under the radar? It got a lot of critical acclaim, most of it directed at Brosnan's performance.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Why do you keep saying that The Ghost Writer went under the radar? It got a lot of critical acclaim, most of it directed at Brosnan's performance.
Exactly. If anything The Ghost Writer got a lot of praise and a lot of that praise was directed at Brosnan's performance. Although I personally didn't like the movie(maybe because I don't really like Ewan McGregor) and I think its too simplistic
it didn't gounder radar It's a Polanski movie with three big names(Brosnan,McGregor and that actress who played Samantha in SATC-now I can't remember her name)
Last edited by Veronica on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:Why do you keep saying that The Ghost Writer went under the radar? It got a lot of critical acclaim, most of it directed at Brosnan's performance.
Yes, it got critical acclaim, but it deserves an Oscar. But I guess Polanski's past may have prevented that.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Affleck's recent cheating scandal with his nanny will turn people off even more and that won't help his Batman film next year. Image Image Image [video][/video] This film is shaping up to be even worse than I imagined :!: Where is Sweeney? He loved (not :!: ) the first film. The casting is comical. The plot is dreadful and ridiculous........ Eisenberg as Lex:"The red capes are coming.........the red capes are coming". :shock: :roll: :down: